Waitomo Caves Tours Day Trip
- Price from:
- 325 NZD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 7 hours
- Location Start:
- Hotel Pick-up
- Location Finish:
- Hotel Drop-off
- Start time:
- 06.00 am
- End time:
- 08.30 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 10/15/2008
This tour enables you to visit the Waitomo Glowworm Caves and a number of leading attractions in Rotorua. After an action-packed day, your coach returns to Auckland.
* 6:50am: Hotel/motel pick ups commence
* 7:20am: Check in at Discover New Zealand Travel Centre
* 7:30am: Depart from 180 Quay Street, morning tea served en route.
* 9:30am: Pass through the city of Hamilton (note: a detour due to timing constraints may delete Hamilton in order to arrive at the pre-booked time at the Waitomo Caves)
* 10:25am: On arrival, enjoy a guided tour of the world famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves
* 12:00pm: A light lunch is served on board your coach as we make our way to Rotorua.
* 1:10pm: On arrival in Rotorua your first visit is to the Agrodome where you will be entertained during an one hour show introducing you to farming in New Zealand. See sheep shearing, dog handling and dairy cow milking. There is an opportunity for you to feed baby animals or be photographed astride or beside a large friendly Hereford bull.
* 2:20pm: Coach departs Agrodome.
* 2:40pm: Reboard your coach, travel via the lakefront through the beautiful Government Gardens, past Rotorua's Tudor Towers, alongside the geothermal steam pools (famous for their therapeutic qualities) towards Te Puia.
* 4:00pm: On arrival you will be greeted by Te Puia with the traditional Hongi - pressing of noses. Depart on a guided tour through the Institute grounds, viewing Maori carving, flax garment making and a life size replica of a traditional Maori village. Your walk continues through the geothermal area, past boiling mud pools and the famous Pohutu Geyser, which spurts boiling water and steam high into the air on a regular basis. Enjoy a Maori concert.
* 5:15pm: Reboard your coach to return to Auckland. Tea/coffee and a light snack are served.
* 8:15pm: Hotel/motel drop offs commence.
- Inclusions -
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in North Island
- 5 Day North Island - 5 days from 1599 USD
Email the tour operator - Waitomo Caves Tours Day Trip
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.