Queen Charlotte Track Guided Walk
- Walking / Hiking
- Price from:
- 175 NZD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 4 days
- Location Start:
- Picton, Marlborough Sounds
- Location Finish:
- Picton, Marlborough Sounds
- Start time:
- 07.30 pm
- End time:
- 05.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 06/13/2008
All inclusive guded walking holiday packages. Includes all meals, accommodation in private, sea view en suite rooms, local nature guide and the option of travelling from lodge to lodge by water taxi.
We begin by collectiing you from your accommodation in Picton before boarding our water taxi enroute to the start of the walk. A full commentary is given as we make our way along the Queen Charlotte Sound, before stopping to visit a protected, predator free island to see rare saddleback birds. We then transfer to Ships cove and begin the walk to No Road Inn, a small boutique lodge set beside the water and surrounded by native forest. Enjoy a welcoming soak in the spring fed hot tub before your 3 course evening meal in the evening.
A relaxed departure time this morning as we make our way around the shore to Mahana Homestead, a recently renovated, luxury lodge. Only 4 hours walking in total so time for sea kayaking, fishing or just relaxing in the afternoon exploring the private grounds.
Considered the most challenging day, the walk from Mahana to Portage Resort is also the most rewarding as the majority of the walk is along ridgetops that afford slendid 360 degree views of the Marlborough Sounds.
Dinner that night is in Portage Resorts award winning restaurant over looking Kenepuru Sound.
A variety packed day of original native forest, expansive sea views and easy walking in the afternoon make this day a great way to end a truly rewarding vacation. Expect to return to Picton by 5pm where you will be transferred to your accommodation.
- Inclusions -
- The use of walking poles and day bags to carry your lunh , camera, water bottle etc while on the walk.
- Exclusions -
- Additional drinks at each lodge. Cost to be met by the guest.
- Extras -
- A reasonable level of fitness is required to walk The Queen Charlotte Track and stout footwear is advised. The track lenght is 71Km's (40 miles) however the option of going by water taxi from lodge to lodge is available if you choose to.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Marlborough Sounds
Email the tour operator - Queen Charlotte Track Guided Walk
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.