Mt Titaroa Guided Walk and Scenic Flight
- Walking / Hiking
- Price from:
- 750 NZD /person
- 0800 239 255
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 05/25/2009
Voted #1 Natural Wonder of New Zealand by 'Wilderness' Magazine. A spectacular location with rocky outcrops, native bush and views to die for.
From our drop off point, we walk above the tree line, along the ridge over the fine sand like terrain towards a group of rocky outcrops that stand proud of the mountainside. We reach these rocks approximately 90 minutes later and eat lunch, looking out over range after range of mountains.
After a hearty lunch its time to leave the rocky terrain and navigate our way down the side of the mountain through the ancient, untouched, native forest. The ground is soft underfoot as we traverse fallen beech trees and undergrowth until we reach another vantage point further around the ridge. Looking out over âSnow White Clearing', we can see the riverside spot where we will be camping for the night.
Another 90 minutes or so, and we are out to the valley floor where we set up camp. Here there is the opportunity to go for a walk upstream spotting wildlife such as Deer, rare Blue Ducks and other NZ natives or relax, swim and bathe in the river before we have a traditional kiwi bush tucker feed and camp fire marshmallows.
We rise with the birds, have a cooked breakfast before crossing, and then follow the river downstream for approximately 1.5k. Then it's up through the forestry for lunch in a scenic clearing.
After lunch we drop back down again through low level woodland arrive out at the end of Hope arm, Lake Manapouri. Here you have the option of chilling out whilst we wait for our boat to collect us or taking an additional small walk to the end of the peninsula that is on the other side of the bay.
The adventure is wrapped up with a 40 minute boat ride back to Pearl Harbour, Manapouri, where we disembark and rejoin civilisation.
- Inclusions -
- FULL SAFETY KIT [Your guide is trained in First Aid and is carrying the latest technological equipment to ensure help can be raised swiftly in case of an emergency]
- Exclusions -
- transport to Manapouri
- Extras -
- Please make sure you check our 'what to bring' checklist under 'walks' on our website.
Some items are essential, if you don't have them we can source them for you at extra cost.
Season is October to April
Departs on demand
Max 7 people per guide
Trip can be customised to make longer or shorter, prices vary.
Trips can be arranged ex Queenstown, ask for details.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Manapouri
Email the tour operator - Mt Titaroa Guided Walk and Scenic Flight
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.