- Walking / Hiking
- Price from:
- 280 NZD /person
- +64 03 528 9602
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 6 hours
- Location Start:
- Kaiteriteri Beach
- Location Finish:
- Kaiteriteri Beach
- Start time:
- 08.30 am
- End time:
- 04.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 08/16/2007
Join a guided walk in the beautiful Abel Tasman National Park, board a charter boat and check pots for crayfish(lobster) then drag for succulent scallops. Do the Abel Tasman 'Kiwi Style'.
Discover the history and golden beaches of the Southern Bays of the Abel Tasman National Park with your friendly guide. These trips cater for individuals who want to experience the Park and its history from a local level.
After uplifting you from your accommodation we usually board the 9am Water Taxi at Kaiteriteri. We have one stop at the renowned Split Apple Rock before we disembark at a beautiful beach at the start of the Abel Tasman National Park. After a short climb up from the beach we walk approximately 11/4hrs along the main Abel Tasman Coastal Track. This track is relatively flat and an easy walk for all fitness levels. After the walk through lush native bush with stunning sea views, we stop at Stilwells Bay. Here we boil up and have lunch at a rustic, authentic kiwi' bach that was built early last century. This is still a wonderful family holiday destination, and was in fact a secluded Christmas getaway over many years for one of New Zealands Prime Ministers! Following lunch we are picked up by the charter fishing vessel Jamie Lee, a 30 foot Niad. We then spend the afternoon cruising the Abel Tasman coastal waters, checking cray pots(lobster), and dredging for succulent New Zealand scallops(season July-February).
A very personal experience doing what the locals do in their recreational time in the company of one of the earliest operators in the Abel Tasman.
- Inclusions -
- Share of the catch to take away with you e.g. crayfish(lobster) or scallops
- Exclusions -
- Bring your own packed lunch or order it day prior to trip so can be uplifted
- Extras -
- This trip gives you a unique day in the Abel Tasman away from other tourists and includes a guided walk, lunch at 'Kiwi' bach, checking lobster pots, and dredging for New Zealand scallops. These things are what New Zealanders do in their spare time and it gives visitors a valuable insight into an enjoyable part of our culture. Participation in the handling and measuring of scallops is encouraged.This trip suits all fitness levels and ages from 12 to 'very mature' are able to participate.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Kaiteriteri
Email the tour operator - Ulimate
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.