Fox It Up Ice Climbing Adventure
- Price from:
- 215 NZD /person
- 03 751 0825
- 03 751 0857
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- Location Start:
- Fox Glacier Guiding Building, Main rd, Fox Glacier
- Location Finish:
- Fox Glacier Guiding Building, Main Rd, Fox Glacier
- Start time:
- 08.00 am
- End time:
- 05.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 12/21/2008
A full day experience with a professional guide introducing the exhilarating sport of ice climbing on the spectacular ice walls of the Fox Glacier. No prior experience necessary.
This day long experience introduces the adventurous to the exhilirating sport of ice climbing, on the spectacular ice walls in the lower part of the Fox Glacier. Your professional guide will tailor the day to offer variety and challenge to the novice and expert alike. Before heading to the ice you will be equipped with specialised mountaineering boots, crampons, ice axes and technical gear.
Guides who instruct on these days receive special training to ensure they teach skills in the correct order so you advance quickly. You will be surprised by the quick progress that you make. The maximum guide to customer ratio is 1:4 ensuring that you receive close personal attention.
There are many steep walls to challenge you and you will quickly master basic cramponing and ice axe techniques. The adrenaline will start to flow as you challenge yourself with longer and steeper pitches. Using ice tools and the front points of your crampons, you climb vertical and at times, overhanging ice walls and pinnacles. Your movements may seem quite daunting initially but there is no danger, as at all times you are secured by a top rope attached to your harness.
This adventure will be an experience you never forget and may just inspire you to spend time in the mountains.
- Inclusions -
- Guide, transport, modern technical and safety equipment, climbing boots and socks, special backpacks, raincoats, waterproof over trousers, hat and gloves.
- Extras -
- A good level of fitness and agility is required. No previous experience is necessary.
Please bring warm clothing including long sleeved tops and trousers (jeans are not recommended). Lunch and a drink. Sunglasses and sun protection.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Fox Glacier
- Nimble Fox All Day Glacier Walk - from 125 NZD
- Fox Trail Terminal Face Walk - from 45 NZD
- Fox Trot Half Day Glacier Walk - from 85 NZD
- Flying Fox Helihike - from 330 NZD
Email the tour operator - Fox It Up Ice Climbing Adventure
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.