The Inside Story
- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 69 NZD /person
- +64 3 379-8481
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- Location Start:
- Central Christchurch
- Location Finish:
- Central Christchurch
- Start time:
- 08.00 am
- End time:
- 05.30 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 02/21/2007
Bring your Christchurch visit to life with insights into the South Island's natural history and human story. Small-group day tours with a professional guide. Also custom tours, single and multi-day.
Choose between one of three day tours in the Christchurch and Canterbury region:
(1) Christchurch and surrounds - includes the most important city sites and buildings; beaches and headlands at Sumner; the historic port town of Lyttelton; the Port Hills, the former rim of an extinct volcano with superb views of Lyttelton Harbour, Christchurch city and the distant mountains.
(2) Banks Peninsula and Akaroa - a scenic meander around the high craggy hills, deep valleys and remote bays of Banks Peninsula, the remnants of several extinct volcanoes. Visit Akaroa, founded by French colonists, and now a charming seaside village. Optional boat cruise to see dolphins and other marine life.
(3) The Southern Alps and Arthur's Pass - visit the heart of the South Island's celebrated mountain country. The tour features alpine scenery, forests of 'southern beech', rock-filled rivers, sub-alpine lakes and the wild Otira Gorge.
- Inclusions -
- Tea/coffee and snacks are carried in the vehicle.
- Exclusions -
- Lunch - can be bought at various places on the route.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Christchurch
- Discover Mount Cook From Christchurch - from 189 NZD
- Discover the Whales - from 255 NZD
- The Tranz Alpine - from 142 NZD
- Discover Christchurch Half Day Morning Tour - from 49 NZD
- Christchurch Wildlife Cruise - from 55 NZD
- Christchurch City Bike Tour - from 30 NZD
- Milford Wilderness Cycling Tour - 10 days from 4169 NZD
- Southern Alps Trek - 8 days from 2990 NZD
- Otago Central Rail Trail Cycle Tour - 5 days from 1087 NZD
- Picture Perfect New Zealand - 22 days from 4175 NZD
- Twin Island Tableau - 16 days from 3075 NZD
- Mountains & Glaciers & Rainforests - 10 days from 1800 NZD
- South Island Wildlife & Glaciers - 18 days from 3244 NZD
- Scenic Rail Pass Tour - 7 days from 289 NZD
- 14 Day Adventure Tour - 14 days from 3999 NZD
- 14 Day South Island Self Drive Tour - 14 days from 2613 NZD
- Reverse Traverse - 14 days from 380 GBP
- Life Yoga Tour - 15 days from 5350 USD
- Southern Explorer - 9 days from 1820 NZD
Email the tour operator - The Inside Story
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.