Grand Traverse Both Islands Top To Bottom
- Price from:
- 415 GBP /person
- 00 64 547 0171
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 15 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- queenstown or christchurch
- Start time:
- 09.00 am
- We Speak:
- English, German
Last updated: 01/21/2007
Our tours include great food, accommodation in tents or cabins, fantastic people, stunning locations and heaps of free and optional activities.
Return to the "City of Sails". Depart Auckland at 10am. The beautiful Coromandel Peninsula awaits us. Cycle scenic route following Pohutukawa-lined shores with magnificent views of the peninsula. A relaxing afternoon at Cathedral Cove beach or dig pools where thermal waters spring from the sands of fascinating Hot Water Beach. Camp at the Coromandel for the night. Please note for Beach It and Reverse Traverse the tour finishes in Auckland and includes breakfast only.
Cycle off ahead. On to steaming Rotorua with its thermal wonders. Town visit and Polynesian Pools. Cycle to lake side camp nestled below the dormant Mt. Tarawera.
A relaxed start at our lake-side camp. walk, cycle the route ahead, optional flight over this volcanic region. We visit Wai-O-Tapu, mud pools & geysers. We drive on to the Huka Falls & Taupo for time in town. Optional Skydiving. Majestic Mts Ngauruhoe, Tongariro and Ruapehu dominate the skyline as we journey along the shores of one of the largest crater lakes in the world. To Turangi and our camp.
Optional early start to NZ's most popular day hike, the "Tongariro Crossing". Alternatively visit the Volcanic Centre museum or cycle around the mountain. Pick up the hikers at the end of the track and drive on to our camp on the Kapiti Coast.
For those who are heading South we travel by ferry (cost included) or if you are heading north rejoin us at 1pm (see point 26). We arrive in Wellington by 11am. The capital offers café culture, good bars and Te Papa Museum, which is worth a visit. We do not provide accommodation but will help you make a booking in the place of your choice.
Depart Picton 10am. Pacific Coast to Kaikoura, cycle stunning coastal route. Close encounters with fur seals and a myriad of sea birds on the Peninsula Walk. Optional Whale Watch. Camp at a beach camp on the Kaikoura coast.
Optional Dolphin Swim or Seal Swim if you prefer! Cycle or walk along coast. Explore Christchurch, the "Garden City". Depart Christchurch 4pm. Backcountry road to Rangitata River camp, nested below the Southern Alps. Scenic cycle ride into camp. Excellent walks.
Optional White Water rafting on the Rangitata river. Morning cycle or walk. Travel through Geraldine and Mackenzie Basin with great views of the Main Divide. Walk or Cycle to Lake Tekapo. Cycle scenic hydro canals. Lake Pukaki camp with stunning views of Mt. Cook. Time for a swim in the lake.
Morning Cycle Day spent enjoying Mt. Cook National Park. Hooker Valley walk and glacier. Cycle down the Waitaki River Valley, and cycle coastal route to beach camp near Oamaru.
Morning coastal walk or cycle. Bizzare Moeraki Boulders. Picturesque Scottish Dunedin.explore the town! Optional entry to Yellow-Eyed Penguin Reserve and Royal Albatross Colony on the rugged Otago Peninsula. Cycle scenic route into camp. Travel into the spectacular natural beauty of the Catlins for the night.
Through southern pastures. Scenic route, lunch in Manapouri. cycle or walk to Te Anau. Cycle the shores of Lake Te Anau to a wilderness camp in Fiordland National Park
One of the world's most scenic routes into Milford Sound! Cycle magnificent descent from Homer Tunnel (3000ft)! Highly recommended optional Boat Cruise to experience the grandeur of the fiord. The Routeburn, Caples, Greenstone Track walkers depart at The Divide. Return to camp by the stunning Lake Te Anau. The drive into Milford is dependant on weather conditions
Explore Te Anau. Walk, fish or cycle in the area. Optional overnight hike on the Keppler Track with panoramic views from Mt Luxmore. Same lakeside camp in Te Anau.
Journey to Queenstown, cycle shores of Lake Wakatipu. Camp overlooking the lake and town. Track walkers re-join group. A big night out. Excellent restaurants, bars and live music.
Queenstown optional adrenalin activities. Bungy, Fly-by-wire, Jet Boat, Rafting, Horse Trekking, Maori Concert, Parapenting, Gondola ride and many more. Cycle and walk in alpine areas. Depart Queenstown at 3pm. Camp beside a tranquil lake with hikes, cycling and swimming.
- Inclusions -
- Most meals (see itinerary for details)(see fees on main site)
- Extras -
- Discounted activities such as dolphin swimming, glacier hiking, bungy and many, many others are available as an optional activity and are an additional cost.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Auckland
- Auckland ECO tour & FARM Visit - from 148 NZD
- Auckland Must Do Four - from 94 NZD
- Auckland Half Day Tour - from 63 NZD
- 15 day Gourmet Wine Experience - 15 days from 3110 NZD
- 15 Day New Zealand Golfing Tour - 15 days from 5500 NZD
- Absolute NZ - 30 days from 1995 NZD
- New Zealand Scenic Journey - 22 days from 4198 NZD
- Wonderland Uncovered - 16 days from 3100 NZD
- 24 Day EPIC NZ Tour - 15 days from 2999 NZD
- The Big Hitter Tour - 23 days from 3895 GBP
- 20 Day Inter Island Tour - 20 days from 3674 GBP
- 16 Day AMPLIFIED NZ Tour - 15 days from 1999 NZD
Email the tour operator - Grand Traverse Both Islands Top To Bottom
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.