Tilicho Lake Trekking
- Walking / Hiking
- Price from:
- 1298 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 20 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 07.00 am
- End time:
- 02.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 04/21/2009
This is one of the another mystical and romantic trekking destination in Nepal. It lies south of Thorunga La, between Manang and Jomsom. This trek follows the Marshyangdi valley and river, passing thr
On your arrival at Kathmandu Airport you will be met by our representative who will then take you to the hotel for the night.
After breakfast, you will go for a sightseeing tour around Kathmandu valley with visits to many Buddhist and Hindu temples/shrines, which reflect the local culture & tradition, and religion of Nepalese society. After this exciting sightseeing tour, you will be taken back to your Hotel in the afternoon.
You will have a 6 hour scenic drive to Besi Sahar from Kathmandu. On this day, we begin our trekking. Walking through Besi Sahar village, the trail drops to a stream and after crossing the sub-tropical forest you will reach Khudi, a Gururng village. Following the route of the Marshyangdi valley which has the great views of Manaslu and Himalchuli, you will get to Bhulbule. O/N at Bhulbule.
From Bhulbhule, crossing Marshyangdi Khola(river) on a suspension bridge you will come to the ACAP Check Post, then passing a majestic waterfall, watching langur monkeys along the way, the trail reaches to Ngadi and to Lampata. Then finally making a short steep climb you will reach Baundanda, an attractive village. Descend on a steep, slippery trail and then climb to Lili Bhir, where you can also visit a small hot spring. The trek to Khanigaon (1170m) and further on to Ghermu Phant with a huge waterfall, the trail descends, then after crossing the Marshyangdi on a bridge you will reach Syange (1080m). O/N at Syange.
From Sange, you will pass a small waterfall, descend little bit and the trail reaches Jagat (1330m). After Jagat, we take a long climb through the forest where we reach Chame. From Chame, crossing the Marshyangdi River and making several ups and down, the trail forwards through bamboo and rhododendron forest to Tal Besi. O/N at Tal Beshi.
From Tal, descending and following the east bank of river, the trek gets to Karte and climbs to Dharapani (1920m). Then the trek enters the east- west Manang valley in through a forest of blue pine, spruce, hemlock, maple and finally reaches to Bagarchap. O/N at Bagarchap.
From Bagarchap, the trail climbs through a forest to Dhanakyu (2290m), crosses several landslides and travels uphill through the forest to Lattemarang (2360m). The trail climbs and then descends to Thanchok and to Kotho (2590m), a meadow surrounded by huge pine and spruce trees. Walking for about half an hour, you will reach Chame, the administrative head quarters for the Manang District. You will have the finest views of Lamjung Himal, Annapurna II and Annapurna IV from this spot. O/N at Chame
From Chame, you will reach Bhratang after walking through the pine forest and huge apple orchard surrounded by a stone wall. The trail forward has admirable views of Annapurna II, Pisang peak, Himalchuli and Ngadi Chuli and reaches to Pisang, upper part of Manang Valley. O/N at Manang Valley.
The trail makes a long climb with excellent views of the Manang valley and Tilicho peak (7134m), before reaching to the Manang airstrip at Hongde (3325m). Crossing to the north bank of Marshyangdi through a bridge, the trail reaches Mungji (3360m) and then climbs to Bryaga (3550m), a Tibetan-style village. Finally after leaving Bryaga, you will reach Manang. O/N at Manang.
After breakfast, you will have to climb a ridge to the north of the village for some excellent views of Annapurna IV, Annapurna II and Tarke Kang (7193m). If you descend from the village, you will notice a glacial lake at the foot of the huge icefall that drops from Gangapurna (7454m). Back to Manang. O/N at Manang.
This day, you will trek to the village of Khangsar, about 2-hrs from Manang at (3730m). On the way, you will experience the natural beauty of this region and observe unique beautiful picturesque villages. You will also come across a monastery on your way, named as Tore Gompa. From the Khangser Village, you will have an excellent views of the Khangsar Khola to Tilicho Peak and the Grand Barrier. O/N at Khangser.
From Khangser, the trail proceeds through the big grassy fields where Blue Sheep are often seen. Walking a kilometer from the field, you will come across a hill. Climbing up the hill (4800m), you will be greeted by a glorious view of the entire valley. A steep descent will bring you to Tilicho Base Camp. O/N at Tilicho Base Camp.
In this day, you will hike to Tilicho Lake, the highest Lake in the world. This Lake is 4 kilometers long and 2.5 kilometers wide. It is the main source for the Marsyangdi River. It is about 3-hrs from the lodge to the lake. After visiting this lake, you will come back to Tilicho Base Camp. O/N at Tilicho Base Camp.
This day, you will proceed your trek to Letdar observing the fascinating views on the way. O/N at Letdar.
From Letdar, the trail continues to climb along the east bank of the Jar sang Khola then descends and crosses the stream through a bridge. Then making a short descent, you will reach Thorung Phedi. Then the trail ascends to Thorang High Camp. O/N at Throung High Camp.
From Thorung Camp, the trail becomes steep; following rocky ridges you will reach Thorung La (5416m), which is the highest point of this trek. Some outstanding views can be observed from here. The trail descends steeply and during the decent, you will be embraced by excellent views of Dhaulagiri. You will then reach Chabarbu (4290m). The trail crosses a meadow and forwards to Muktinath where the impressive temple of Lord Shiva is situated. O/N at Muktinath.
From Muktinath, the trail descends to Jharkot and to Khingar. Beyond Khingar, you will meet a junction of two routes. The first one is Kagbeni (the entrance of upper Mustang) and another is to Jomsom. Then the trail proceeds to Eklebatti following the Kali Gandaki River. You will finally reach Jomsom where you will be welcomed by the Annapurna Conservation Project Check Post, hospital, airport and army camp. O/N at Jomsom. If you like to shorten your trek you can fly from Jomsom to Pokhara.
Fly back to Pokhara. Sightseeing around Pokhara valley (Begnas Lake, Rupa Lake, and Devi's fall). O/N at Pokhara.
Drive back to Kathmandu (6 hours drive by bus/van), O/N at Kathmandu.
Transfer to Airport for your onward destination.
- Inclusions -
- â¢Trekking Registration Certificate (TRC).
- Exclusions -
- â¢International Airport Departure Tax.
- Extras -
- This is one of the another mystical and romantic trekking destination in Nepal. It lies south of Thorunga La, between Manang and Jomsom. This trek follows the Marshyangdi valley and river, passing through many fine isolated villages, as well as taking the best of Annapurna circuit. The highlight of this trek is the Tilicho Tal (4120 meters) at the foot of Tilicho peak (7132m). Tilicho Tal is a big ice lake which natural beauty will awestruck any visitor. The trail to Tilicho Tal is very remote and filled up with an impressive natural beauty of this region.
The Tilicho area is special and very different compared to other parts of Nepal.
Fact of the Trek
Grade: Moderate to Strenuous.
Per day walking: 6-7 hours
Duration: 20 days
Type of trek: Tented Camping.
Best seasons: February, March, April, May, October, November.
Maximum Elevation: 4950m
â€¢Observe the remoteness of Nepal.
â€¢Ancient and isolated villages.
â€¢Fascinating Tilicho lake.
â€¢Enthralling culture and tradition.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Kathmandu
- Mountain Flight - from 170 USD
- Everest Panorama Treks - 18 days from 1050 USD
- Nepal Tour Knowledge Break - 5 days from 950 USD
- Everest Basecamp Treks - 17 days from 1190 USD
- Hi Road to Lhasa - 26 days from 5500 USD
- Mount Kailash & Lake Manasarovar - 16 days from 1900 USD
- Everest Base Camp 18 Day Trekking - 18 days from 1050 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek - 13 days from 599 USD
- Trishuli The High Water River - 2 days from 99 USD
- Everest Classic Trekking - 28 days from 1498 USD
- Gokyo Lake Trekking - 16 days from 998 USD
- Shivapuri Trekking Short - 5 days from 315 USD
- Wet, Wild And Wonderfull Nepal - 10 days from 898 USD
- Annapurna Trekking 20 Days - 20 days from 700 USD
- Kathmandu Sight Seeing - 4 days from 200 USD
- Ghorepani Trekking - 11 days from 490 USD
- Ghandruk Trekking Short - 7 days from 315 USD
- Gosaikunda Trekking - 13 days from 532 USD
- Langtang Valley Trekking - 11 days from 465 USD
- Annapurna Circuit 24 Day Trek - 24 days from 1098 USD
- Everest Base Camp 14 Day Tour - 14 days from 900 USD
- Trekking in Nepal Himalaya - 18 days from 125 USD
- Terraced temples & Tharu Jungle Trek - 13 days from 858 GBP
- Easygoing Classic Kathmandu - 3 days from 58 GBP
- Everest Base Camp Trekking - 18 days from 790 GBP
- Go Nepal - 13 days from 842 GBP
- Kings and Gods of the Valley - 4 days from 171 GBP
- Helambu Homestay Trek - 7 days from 379 GBP
- Trekking Across the Edge of the Valley - 4 days from 199 GBP
- Mount Everest Gokyo Trek 15 Days - 15 days from 700 USD
- Nepal Discover Tour - 8 days from 430 USD
- Annapurna Trek and Chitwan Adventure - 16 days from 1000 USD
- Lantang Valley Trek - 15 days from 750 USD
- Everest Base Camp Treks - 17 days from 1000 USD
- Annapurna Circuit - 23 days from 675 GBP
- Another Everest Base Camp - 19 days from 580 GBP
- Trekking in Nepal - 18 days from 720 USD
- Explore Nepal with Top Of The World Mount Everst With Angel... - 8 days from 850 USD
- Classic Nepal Tour - 10 days from 555 USD
- Mt Everest Base Camp Trek - 17 days from 920 USD
- Nepal Experience Tour - 12 days from 910 USD
- Best Of Nepal - 15 days from 635 USD
- Nepal 10 Day Tour - 10 days from 380 USD
- Glimpses of Romantic Nepal 4 Nights 5 Days - 5 days from 700 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Trekking in Nepal - 19 days from 550 USD
- Everest Base Camp trekking in Nepal - 15 days from 650 USD
- Nepal Adventure Tour - 10 days from 350 USD
- 17 Days Annapurna Base Camp - 17 days from 515 USD
- 11 Days Poon Hill trek - 11 days from 320 USD
- Kailash Mansarovar Yatra - 16 days from 72000 INR
- Everest BaseCamp Trek - 18 days from 770 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Trekking - 18 days from 850 USD
- Everest Base Camp Trek - 14 days from 840 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek Nepal - 16 days from 650 USD
- Everest Adventure - 16 days from 800 USD
- Everest Basecamp Trek - 21 days from 1999 USD
- Tibet Intensive Tour - 8 days from 920 USD
- Kathmandu and Lhasa Tour - 7 days from 632 USD
- Spiritual Lhasa - 5 days from 589 USD
- Tibet Short Tour - 4 days from 571 USD
- Best of Tibet - 8 days from 989 USD
- Nepal and Taj Mahal Tour - 12 days from 963 USD
- Majestic Nepal - 11 days from 982 USD
- Nepal Adventure Tour - 11 days from 1194 USD
- 10 Days Nepal and Tibet Tour - 10 days from 1299 USD
- Nepal Intensive Tour - 10 days from 1135 USD
- Nepal and Goa Tour - 10 days from 892 USD
- Nepal Golden Triangle Tour - 9 days from 856 USD
- Best of Nepal Tour - 8 days from 910 USD
- Nepal Tour - 8 days from 743 USD
- Nepal Travel - 7 days from 500 USD
- 7 Days Nepal and Tibet Tour - 7 days from 799 USD
- 6 Days Nepal and Tibet Tour - 6 days from 742 USD
- Nepal Short Tour - 6 days from 579 USD
- Nepal Heritage Tour - 5 days from 495 USD
- Nepal Temple Tour - 4 days from 422 USD
- Tibet Tour - 11 days from 1371 USD
- Kailash Mansarovar Yatra - 18 days from 1656 USD
- Nepal Trekking Tour - 16 days from 1112 USD
- Indian Golden Triangle with Kathmandu - 16 days from 1276 USD
- Encounters Nepal - 8 days from 550 USD
- Nepal Sightseeing Tour - 8 days from 390 USD
- Everest Base Camp Trekking and Tours - 14 days from 650 USD
- Everest Base Camp Trek - 14 days from 600 USD
- Adventure Upper Mustang Lo Manthang Trekking - 17 days from 1750 USD
- Langtang Kyangin GompaTrekking - 17 days from 650 USD
- Cultural Sightseeing tour in Nepal - 10 days from 750 USD
- Adventure Kailash Lhasa Tour - 22 days from 2650 USD
- Volunteer Tour - 15 days from 850 USD
- Sightseeing Adventure in Nepal - 9 days from 440 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Treks - 15 days from 540 USD
- Everest Base Camp Trekking - 17 days from 875 USD
- Everest Trek - 17 days from 60 USD
- Experience of Nepal - 8 days from 440 USD
- First Class Tour of Nepal - 9 days from 1499 USD
- Everest Base Camp 3 - 16 days from 960 USD
- India Nepal Tour Package - 15 days from 749 USD
- Everest Base Camp 2 - 19 days from 950 USD
- Amadablam Expedition - 30 days from 1075 USD
- Langtang Valley Adventure Tour - 9 days from 600 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Hiking & Walking tour - 22 days from 999 USD
- Everest Base Camp And Gokyo Lodge Trek - 20 days from 1020 USD
- Around Annapurna Lodge Trek Nepal - 21 days from 950 USD
- Upper Mustang Trekking - 18 days from 2000 USD
- Everest Base Camp Trek - 15 days from 750 USD
- Everest Base Camp 1 - 21 days from 850 GBP
- Kathmandu Stopover - 4 days from 199 USD
- Everest Base Camp Tour - 14 days from 1095 EUR
Email the tour operator - Tilicho Lake Trekking
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud: