Nepal Trekking Tour
- Price from:
- 1112 USD /person
- 0091 98291 53949
- 0091 0141 2622098
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 16 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- German, English, Hindi
Last updated: 06/20/2007
Nepal Trekking Tour: Kathmandu, Lukla, Phakding, Namche Bazar, Thame, Khumjung, Thyangboche, Pangboche, Dingboche, Lubuche, Gorakshep, Everest Base Camp, Pheriche, Pangboche, Phortse, Khumjung, Jorsal
Kathmandu - Lukla - Phakding (about 9 kms.)
In the morning arrive in Kathmandu. Upon arrival, you will be met by an Indo Vacations representative and transferred to the airport for the flight to Lukla. Upon arrival at Lukla airport start your trekking to Phakding (2652 mt.) which is an easy walk of 5 to 6 hours. On the route have lunch. Dinner and overnight at local tea House, Phakding.
Phakding - Namche Bazar (about 13 kms.)
After having breakfast start trekking along the river bank and cross it at different points. After crossing it, a steep ascent of about 325 meters will bring you to Namche Bazar and views of Mount Everest (8848 mt) and Lhotse (8511 mt) will become clear. The total trekking will be of 5 to 6 hrs. Dinner and overnight at local tea house, Namche Bazar.
The whole day free for rest and acclimatization at Namche Bazar.
Namche Bazar - Thame
After having breakfast, trek westwards with view of Kwangde (6343 mt) and the water falls cascading off its flanks. Follow the Bhote Koshi River as trail side hills becomes high on its bank through yellow and white rhododendron forest. The views of Thamserku (6648 mt) and Kusum Kanguru (6370 mt) are excellent. On the route have lunch and then climb up through rhododendron forest to pasture lands in front of Thame village (3810 mt). The total trekking will be of 6 hrs. Dinner and overnight at local tea house, Thame.
Thame - Khumjung
After having breakfast walk back down the Thame valley by a hill side nunnery. Take the high trail which passes through Namche and reach Khumjung (3791 mt). The Khumjung valley is one of the most beautiful valley in Khumbu area. Its symmetrically laid out stone houses the families of Sherpas. The Sherpas sometimes extend their hospitality and offers a tea time visit to one of these houses. The trekking will be for about 6 hours. On the route have lunch. Dinner and overnight stay at local tea house, Khumjung.
Khumjung - Thyangboche
After having breakfast, start trekking on the trail that descends from Khumjung with the dramatic view of Ama Dablam (6696 mt.) and Kangtaiga (6779 mt) flanked by the towering heights of Mt. Everest, Lhoste and Nuptse through the rhododendron forest. On the rote you can watch for blood pheasant and the Impayan pheasant. On the route have lunch and then, cross the Dudha Koshi River at Phungithanga and climb through rhododendron forest to the saddle at the top of the hill. Thyangboche (3863 mt), the main monsatery of the Khumbu area lies here. The views from here are unforgettable. Thyangboche lies at the base of Kangtaiga and the spur of this ridge offers panoramic views of the main peaks of Khumbu including Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Ama Dablam, Thamserku, Tawoche and Khumbila. Dinner and overnight stay at the local tea house in Thyangboche.
Thyangboche - Pangboche
After breakfast descend from Thyangboche and cross the Imja Khola. On the route have lunch. After crossing the Imja Khola, the hill rises gradually to Pangboche. Pangboche is an interesting gompa site above the main village. The trekker is in the midst of the Himalayas here, with spectacular views all round. There will be trekking for about 5 hrs. Dinner and overnight stay at the local tea house in Pangboche.
Pangboche - Dingboche
After having breakfast have a walk up to Chukung. This route gradually ascends to the few scattered stone huts that make up the settlement. To the south are ever changing views of Ama Dablam and to the north the massive walls of the Nuptse ridge and the south face of Lhotse. There will be trekking for about 5 hrs till Dingboche. On the route have lunch. Dinner and overnight stay at the local tea house in Dingboche.
Dingboche - Lubuche
After having breakfast start your trekking. The route past Pheriche slanks over ridge and stays above the village. It joins the trail below Thugla. and beautiful views of Cholatse (6442 mt) can be seen across the valley. After another steep ascent the trail climbs up and over the terminal moraine of Khumbu glacier up and along the west lateral moraine of glacier the trail is rough in parts. Stark and rugged beauty creates almost a moonscape. Tawoche and Nuptse are particularly spectacular from Lubuche (4931 mt) towering almost 2 kilometeres directly overhead. After having a total trekking for about 5 hrs reach Lubuche. Dinner and overnight stay at the local tea house in Lubuche.
Lubuche - Gorakshep
After breakfast early start essential travel along the Khumbu Gacier through jumbled moraine and shattered rock. Climb Kala Pattar ( 5545 mt) for views of the giants of the earth, Pumori ( 7145) Mt. Everest, the Tibetan peak changtse ( 7550 mt) Nuptse, Lhotse and others snow fluted ridges. Lunch en route. Dinner and overnight at local tea house, Gorakshep ( 5160 mt).
Gorakshep - Everest Base Camp - Pheriche
After having breakfast have a trip to the Everest Base Camp. This trip will be organized if some expedition team is there. If there is no expedition team at the Base Camp this trip will not be done as it will be almost impossible to find the route. Back track along the same route and then descend gradually until one reached the village of Pheriche (4243 mt). Dinner and overnight stay at the local tea house in Pheriche.
Pheriche - Pangboche - Phortse
After having breakfast start your trekking on a descending trail which pass through Pangboche. Stay high on the west bank of the river to the sherpa village of Phortse (3847 mt), which lies on the lower southern flank of Tawoche, directly across the valley from Thyangboche. Total trekking period will be about 4 hrs. Lunch enroute. Dinner and overnight at local tea house, Phortse.
Phortse - Khumjung
After having breakfast start the trek descending through forest to the bank of Dudha Koshi River. A very pretty crossing point leads to a steady climb to a chorten and offers wonderful views back across the valley to Phortse. After having a steady climb, descends down to a giant rock pathway hewn out of the mountain side. A plod up the valley leads back to the village of Khumjung. There will be trekking for about 5 hrs. On the route have lunch. Dinner and overnight stay at the local tea house in Khumjung.
Khumjung - Jorsale
After having breakfast start trekking from Khumjung to Jorsale. The trail leads back through Namche and off down the hill. After trekking for about 5 hours, reach Jorsale. Dinner and overnight stay at the local tea house in Jorsale.
Jorsale - Lukla
After having breakfast start trekking from Jorsale to Lukla which will takes about 5 hrs. The last one and half hour trek is very hard. On the route have lunch. Dinner and overnight stay at the local tea house in Lukla.
Lukla - Kathmandu
After having breakfast transfer to the airport for the flight from Lukla to Kathmandu.
- Inclusions -
- All meals.
- Exclusions -
- Unspecified Meals etc.
- Extras -
- Given cost if on per person basis on minimum two travelers. There is discount available between April and September. Please write us to receive more details !
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Kathmandu
- Mountain Flight - from 170 USD
- Everest Panorama Treks - 18 days from 1050 USD
- Nepal Tour Knowledge Break - 5 days from 950 USD
- Everest Basecamp Treks - 17 days from 1190 USD
- Hi Road to Lhasa - 26 days from 5500 USD
- Mount Kailash & Lake Manasarovar - 16 days from 1900 USD
- Everest Base Camp 18 Day Trekking - 18 days from 1050 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek - 13 days from 599 USD
- Trishuli The High Water River - 2 days from 99 USD
- Everest Classic Trekking - 28 days from 1498 USD
- Gokyo Lake Trekking - 16 days from 998 USD
- Tilicho Lake Trekking - 20 days from 1298 USD
- Shivapuri Trekking Short - 5 days from 315 USD
- Wet, Wild And Wonderfull Nepal - 10 days from 898 USD
- Annapurna Trekking 20 Days - 20 days from 700 USD
- Kathmandu Sight Seeing - 4 days from 200 USD
- Ghorepani Trekking - 11 days from 490 USD
- Ghandruk Trekking Short - 7 days from 315 USD
- Gosaikunda Trekking - 13 days from 532 USD
- Langtang Valley Trekking - 11 days from 465 USD
- Annapurna Circuit 24 Day Trek - 24 days from 1098 USD
- Everest Base Camp 14 Day Tour - 14 days from 900 USD
- Trekking in Nepal Himalaya - 18 days from 125 USD
- Terraced temples & Tharu Jungle Trek - 13 days from 858 GBP
- Easygoing Classic Kathmandu - 3 days from 58 GBP
- Everest Base Camp Trekking - 18 days from 790 GBP
- Go Nepal - 13 days from 842 GBP
- Kings and Gods of the Valley - 4 days from 171 GBP
- Helambu Homestay Trek - 7 days from 379 GBP
- Trekking Across the Edge of the Valley - 4 days from 199 GBP
- Mount Everest Gokyo Trek 15 Days - 15 days from 700 USD
- Nepal Discover Tour - 8 days from 430 USD
- Annapurna Trek and Chitwan Adventure - 16 days from 1000 USD
- Lantang Valley Trek - 15 days from 750 USD
- Everest Base Camp Treks - 17 days from 1000 USD
- Annapurna Circuit - 23 days from 675 GBP
- Another Everest Base Camp - 19 days from 580 GBP
- Trekking in Nepal - 18 days from 720 USD
- Explore Nepal with Top Of The World Mount Everst With Angel... - 8 days from 850 USD
- Classic Nepal Tour - 10 days from 555 USD
- Mt Everest Base Camp Trek - 17 days from 920 USD
- Nepal Experience Tour - 12 days from 910 USD
- Best Of Nepal - 15 days from 635 USD
- Nepal 10 Day Tour - 10 days from 380 USD
- Glimpses of Romantic Nepal 4 Nights 5 Days - 5 days from 700 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Trekking in Nepal - 19 days from 550 USD
- Everest Base Camp trekking in Nepal - 15 days from 650 USD
- Nepal Adventure Tour - 10 days from 350 USD
- 17 Days Annapurna Base Camp - 17 days from 515 USD
- 11 Days Poon Hill trek - 11 days from 320 USD
- Kailash Mansarovar Yatra - 16 days from 72000 INR
- Everest BaseCamp Trek - 18 days from 770 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Trekking - 18 days from 850 USD
- Everest Base Camp Trek - 14 days from 840 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek Nepal - 16 days from 650 USD
- Everest Adventure - 16 days from 800 USD
- Everest Basecamp Trek - 21 days from 1999 USD
- Tibet Intensive Tour - 8 days from 920 USD
- Kathmandu and Lhasa Tour - 7 days from 632 USD
- Spiritual Lhasa - 5 days from 589 USD
- Tibet Short Tour - 4 days from 571 USD
- Best of Tibet - 8 days from 989 USD
- Nepal and Taj Mahal Tour - 12 days from 963 USD
- Majestic Nepal - 11 days from 982 USD
- Nepal Adventure Tour - 11 days from 1194 USD
- 10 Days Nepal and Tibet Tour - 10 days from 1299 USD
- Nepal Intensive Tour - 10 days from 1135 USD
- Nepal and Goa Tour - 10 days from 892 USD
- Nepal Golden Triangle Tour - 9 days from 856 USD
- Best of Nepal Tour - 8 days from 910 USD
- Nepal Tour - 8 days from 743 USD
- Nepal Travel - 7 days from 500 USD
- 7 Days Nepal and Tibet Tour - 7 days from 799 USD
- 6 Days Nepal and Tibet Tour - 6 days from 742 USD
- Nepal Short Tour - 6 days from 579 USD
- Nepal Heritage Tour - 5 days from 495 USD
- Nepal Temple Tour - 4 days from 422 USD
- Tibet Tour - 11 days from 1371 USD
- Kailash Mansarovar Yatra - 18 days from 1656 USD
- Indian Golden Triangle with Kathmandu - 16 days from 1276 USD
- Encounters Nepal - 8 days from 550 USD
- Nepal Sightseeing Tour - 8 days from 390 USD
- Everest Base Camp Trekking and Tours - 14 days from 650 USD
- Everest Base Camp Trek - 14 days from 600 USD
- Adventure Upper Mustang Lo Manthang Trekking - 17 days from 1750 USD
- Langtang Kyangin GompaTrekking - 17 days from 650 USD
- Cultural Sightseeing tour in Nepal - 10 days from 750 USD
- Adventure Kailash Lhasa Tour - 22 days from 2650 USD
- Volunteer Tour - 15 days from 850 USD
- Sightseeing Adventure in Nepal - 9 days from 440 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Treks - 15 days from 540 USD
- Everest Base Camp Trekking - 17 days from 875 USD
- Everest Trek - 17 days from 60 USD
- Experience of Nepal - 8 days from 440 USD
- First Class Tour of Nepal - 9 days from 1499 USD
- Everest Base Camp 3 - 16 days from 960 USD
- India Nepal Tour Package - 15 days from 749 USD
- Everest Base Camp 2 - 19 days from 950 USD
- Amadablam Expedition - 30 days from 1075 USD
- Langtang Valley Adventure Tour - 9 days from 600 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Hiking & Walking tour - 22 days from 999 USD
- Everest Base Camp And Gokyo Lodge Trek - 20 days from 1020 USD
- Around Annapurna Lodge Trek Nepal - 21 days from 950 USD
- Upper Mustang Trekking - 18 days from 2000 USD
- Everest Base Camp Trek - 15 days from 750 USD
- Everest Base Camp 1 - 21 days from 850 GBP
- Kathmandu Stopover - 4 days from 199 USD
- Everest Base Camp Tour - 14 days from 1095 EUR
Email the tour operator - Nepal Trekking Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.