Kailash Mansarovar Yatra
- Price from:
- 1656 USD /person
- 0091 98291 53949
- 0091 0141 2622098
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 18 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- German, English, Hindi
Last updated: 06/20/2007
Mount Kailash - the most sacred mountain for the Hindus is located in the remote corner of the Western Tibet. People have been visiting Kailash Mansarovar for centuries.
Flight to Nepal (Kathmandu)
Around Midnight arrive in Nepal. The cosmopolitan city and the capital Kathmandu is the main gateway for travellers to Nepal. Upon arrival, you will be met by an Indo Vacations representative and transferred to the hotel. Kathmandu Valley is the cultural and political heart of the country. The city enjoyed its most glorious time under the reign of Mallas in the 16th and 17th century.
In the morning we start our sightseeing by visiting Durbar Square. Durbar Square is the spiritual heart of Kathmandu. This is the most important point in Kathmandu to see the culture and religion of Nepal. We also visit the temple of the living goddess Kumari. After Durbar Square we visit Swayambhunath. The stupa at Swayambhunath is the most important and oldest site of Buddhist worship in Nepal. Swayambhunath Stupa is famous for the eyes of Buddha that seem to be observing the world from all 4 directions. After Swayambhunath we will visit Bodhnath. Bodhnath is the largest Stupa of Nepal. Around the octagonal base of Stupa there are 108 images of Buddha where prayer ceremonies of Buddhist Lamas are taking place since over 2000 years. In the evening we will have briefing about the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra.
Kathmandu - Nyalam (about 150 km)
In the morning after having breakfast we will drive from Kathmandu to Nyalam. On the way we pass through the villages and small localities. Nyalam is situated at a height of 3750 m. It is about 8 to 9 hours journey.
Nyalam - Yak Kharkha (about 240 km)
In the morning after having breakfast we will drive from Nyalam to Yak Kharkha. Yak Kharkha is situated at a height of 4675 m. It is about 8 to 9 hours journey.
Yak Kharkha - New Dongba (about 160 km)
Today in the morning we will drive from Yak Kharkha to New Dongba. New Dongba is situated at a height of 4500 m. It is about 6 to 7 hours journey. On the way we pass through the villages and small localities. This journey will be full of excitement and thrill.
New Dongba - Mayumla Phedi (about 210 km)
In the morning after having breakfast we will drive from New Dongba to Mayumla Phedi. Mayumla Phedi is situated at a height of 4500 m. In the way we will come across beautiful snowy mountains.
Mayumla Phedi - Manasarovar (about 120 km)
In the morning after having breakfast we will drive from Mayumla Phedi to Manasarovar. Mansarovar is situated at a height of 4560 m.
Mansarovar - Darchen
In the morning after having breakfast we will have Kailash Manasarovar Tour by Jeep. If the time permits we will visit Chui Gompa. Then we will further drive to Darchen (4560 m). The journey by jeep will be full of excitement and thrill.
Darchen - Dira Puk (about 12 km)
In the morning we will drive from Darchen Tarboche. Darchen Tarboche is the starting point of Kailash Parikarma Yatra on foot. Mt. Kailash, 6740 m. is situated to the north of the Himalayan barrier, wholly within Tibet. It is the perfect mountain with awesome beauty, with 4 great faces. It is the spiritual centre for four great religions: Tibetan Buddhism, Hinduism, the Jain religion and the pre-Buddhist animistic religion. It is said that a stream from the mountain pours into a nearby lake and from here rivers flow in the four cardinal directions. The four major rivers originate near Kailash. These are the Indus, the Brahmaputra, the Karnali and the Sutlej. Then after having some rest we will further trek towards Dira Puk (4775 m).
Dira Puk - Zuthul Puk (about 22 km)
In the morning we will start our trek from Dira Puk to Zuthul Puk. This trek covers Dolma La Pass (5650 m). This will be a very tough and tiring trek for us to reach Zuthul Puk. Zuthul Puk is situated at a height of 4700 m.
Zuthul Puk - Hor Qu (Lake Mansarovar) (about 14 km)
In the morning after having breakfast we will proceed to Hor Qu (4560 m) at Lake Mansarovar. For the Hindus Mount Kailash is the earthly manifestation of Mt. Meru, their spritual centre of the universe, described as a fantastic world pillar 84000 miles high, around which all else revolves, its roots in the lowest hell and its summit kissing the heavens. On the top live their most revered God, Shiva and his consort Parvati. Over the centuries pilgrims have constantly journeyed immense distances to achieve enlightenment or cleanse themselves of sin, braving enormous distances, particularly harsh weather and bandit attacks. Our trek will end at Lake Mansarovar.
Hor Qu (Lake Mansarovar) - Mayumala Phedi
In the morning after having beautiful views of Kailash Mountains and visiting this beautiful place we will drive back from Hor Qu at Lake Mansarovar to Mayumla Phedi(4500 m).
Mayumala Phedi - New Dongba
In the morning after having breakfast we will drive from Mayumla Phedi to New Dongba. New Dongba is situated at a height of 4500 m. It will be a 7 to 8 hours long and tiresome journey.
New Dongba - Yak Kharkha (about 160 km)
In the morning after having breakfast we will drive from New Dongba to Yak Kharkha. Yak Kharkha is situated at a height of 4675 m. It is about 8 to 9 hours journey.
Yak Kharkha - Nyalam
In the morning after having breakfast we will drive from Yak Kharkha to Nyalam. Nyalam is situated at a height of 3750 m. It is about 6 to 7 hours journey.
Nyalam - Kathmandu (about 150 km)
In the morning after having breakfast we will drive downhill towards Kathmandu. On the way we pass through the villages and small localities. After reaching Kathmandu, we will have the impressions of Kathmandu valley. On arrival in Mumbai, you will be met by our representative and transferred to the hotel.
Today we start for our last excursion to Dakshinkali. Today we see the rural area where most of the people make their lining by cultivating their fields. The temple of Dakshinkali is a place of pilgrimage for Hindus where still animal sacrifices for the goddess Kali are performed. The rest of the day at leisure. After the dinner we left the hotel for the airport with the Indo Vacations representative.
Around midnight flight to home destination.
- Inclusions -
- Rooms on the departure day.
- Exclusions -
- Unspecified Meals etc.
- Extras -
- Given cost if on per person basis on minimum two travelers. There is discount available between April and September. Please write us to receive more details !
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Kathmandu
- Mountain Flight - from 170 USD
- Everest Panorama Treks - 18 days from 1050 USD
- Nepal Tour Knowledge Break - 5 days from 950 USD
- Everest Basecamp Treks - 17 days from 1190 USD
- Hi Road to Lhasa - 26 days from 5500 USD
- Mount Kailash & Lake Manasarovar - 16 days from 1900 USD
- Everest Base Camp 18 Day Trekking - 18 days from 1050 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek - 13 days from 599 USD
- Trishuli The High Water River - 2 days from 99 USD
- Everest Classic Trekking - 28 days from 1498 USD
- Gokyo Lake Trekking - 16 days from 998 USD
- Tilicho Lake Trekking - 20 days from 1298 USD
- Shivapuri Trekking Short - 5 days from 315 USD
- Wet, Wild And Wonderfull Nepal - 10 days from 898 USD
- Annapurna Trekking 20 Days - 20 days from 700 USD
- Kathmandu Sight Seeing - 4 days from 200 USD
- Ghorepani Trekking - 11 days from 490 USD
- Ghandruk Trekking Short - 7 days from 315 USD
- Gosaikunda Trekking - 13 days from 532 USD
- Langtang Valley Trekking - 11 days from 465 USD
- Annapurna Circuit 24 Day Trek - 24 days from 1098 USD
- Everest Base Camp 14 Day Tour - 14 days from 900 USD
- Trekking in Nepal Himalaya - 18 days from 125 USD
- Terraced temples & Tharu Jungle Trek - 13 days from 858 GBP
- Easygoing Classic Kathmandu - 3 days from 58 GBP
- Everest Base Camp Trekking - 18 days from 790 GBP
- Go Nepal - 13 days from 842 GBP
- Kings and Gods of the Valley - 4 days from 171 GBP
- Helambu Homestay Trek - 7 days from 379 GBP
- Trekking Across the Edge of the Valley - 4 days from 199 GBP
- Mount Everest Gokyo Trek 15 Days - 15 days from 700 USD
- Nepal Discover Tour - 8 days from 430 USD
- Annapurna Trek and Chitwan Adventure - 16 days from 1000 USD
- Lantang Valley Trek - 15 days from 750 USD
- Everest Base Camp Treks - 17 days from 1000 USD
- Annapurna Circuit - 23 days from 675 GBP
- Another Everest Base Camp - 19 days from 580 GBP
- Trekking in Nepal - 18 days from 720 USD
- Explore Nepal with Top Of The World Mount Everst With Angel... - 8 days from 850 USD
- Classic Nepal Tour - 10 days from 555 USD
- Mt Everest Base Camp Trek - 17 days from 920 USD
- Nepal Experience Tour - 12 days from 910 USD
- Best Of Nepal - 15 days from 635 USD
- Nepal 10 Day Tour - 10 days from 380 USD
- Glimpses of Romantic Nepal 4 Nights 5 Days - 5 days from 700 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Trekking in Nepal - 19 days from 550 USD
- Everest Base Camp trekking in Nepal - 15 days from 650 USD
- Nepal Adventure Tour - 10 days from 350 USD
- 17 Days Annapurna Base Camp - 17 days from 515 USD
- 11 Days Poon Hill trek - 11 days from 320 USD
- Kailash Mansarovar Yatra - 16 days from 72000 INR
- Everest BaseCamp Trek - 18 days from 770 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Trekking - 18 days from 850 USD
- Everest Base Camp Trek - 14 days from 840 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek Nepal - 16 days from 650 USD
- Everest Adventure - 16 days from 800 USD
- Everest Basecamp Trek - 21 days from 1999 USD
- Tibet Intensive Tour - 8 days from 920 USD
- Kathmandu and Lhasa Tour - 7 days from 632 USD
- Spiritual Lhasa - 5 days from 589 USD
- Tibet Short Tour - 4 days from 571 USD
- Best of Tibet - 8 days from 989 USD
- Nepal and Taj Mahal Tour - 12 days from 963 USD
- Majestic Nepal - 11 days from 982 USD
- Nepal Adventure Tour - 11 days from 1194 USD
- 10 Days Nepal and Tibet Tour - 10 days from 1299 USD
- Nepal Intensive Tour - 10 days from 1135 USD
- Nepal and Goa Tour - 10 days from 892 USD
- Nepal Golden Triangle Tour - 9 days from 856 USD
- Best of Nepal Tour - 8 days from 910 USD
- Nepal Tour - 8 days from 743 USD
- Nepal Travel - 7 days from 500 USD
- 7 Days Nepal and Tibet Tour - 7 days from 799 USD
- 6 Days Nepal and Tibet Tour - 6 days from 742 USD
- Nepal Short Tour - 6 days from 579 USD
- Nepal Heritage Tour - 5 days from 495 USD
- Nepal Temple Tour - 4 days from 422 USD
- Tibet Tour - 11 days from 1371 USD
- Nepal Trekking Tour - 16 days from 1112 USD
- Indian Golden Triangle with Kathmandu - 16 days from 1276 USD
- Encounters Nepal - 8 days from 550 USD
- Nepal Sightseeing Tour - 8 days from 390 USD
- Everest Base Camp Trekking and Tours - 14 days from 650 USD
- Everest Base Camp Trek - 14 days from 600 USD
- Adventure Upper Mustang Lo Manthang Trekking - 17 days from 1750 USD
- Langtang Kyangin GompaTrekking - 17 days from 650 USD
- Cultural Sightseeing tour in Nepal - 10 days from 750 USD
- Adventure Kailash Lhasa Tour - 22 days from 2650 USD
- Volunteer Tour - 15 days from 850 USD
- Sightseeing Adventure in Nepal - 9 days from 440 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Treks - 15 days from 540 USD
- Everest Base Camp Trekking - 17 days from 875 USD
- Everest Trek - 17 days from 60 USD
- Experience of Nepal - 8 days from 440 USD
- First Class Tour of Nepal - 9 days from 1499 USD
- Everest Base Camp 3 - 16 days from 960 USD
- India Nepal Tour Package - 15 days from 749 USD
- Everest Base Camp 2 - 19 days from 950 USD
- Amadablam Expedition - 30 days from 1075 USD
- Langtang Valley Adventure Tour - 9 days from 600 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Hiking & Walking tour - 22 days from 999 USD
- Everest Base Camp And Gokyo Lodge Trek - 20 days from 1020 USD
- Around Annapurna Lodge Trek Nepal - 21 days from 950 USD
- Upper Mustang Trekking - 18 days from 2000 USD
- Everest Base Camp Trek - 15 days from 750 USD
- Everest Base Camp 1 - 21 days from 850 GBP
- Kathmandu Stopover - 4 days from 199 USD
- Everest Base Camp Tour - 14 days from 1095 EUR
Email the tour operator - Kailash Mansarovar Yatra
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.