Indian Golden Triangle with Kathmandu
- Price from:
- 1276 USD /person
- 0091 98291 53949
- 0091 0141 2622098
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 16 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- German, English, Hindi
Last updated: 06/20/2007
Golden Triangle with Kathmandu tour is the classical tour which gives you an opportunity to know India and Nepal. In this tour you find the best what India has to offer to the visitors.
Flight to India (Delhi)
Around Midnight arrival in Delhi. The cosmopolitan City and capital Delhi is the main gateway for travellers. You are met by an Indo Vacations representative and transferred to your Hotel.
Old - New Delhi
This morning is at leisure. Afternoon sightseeing in Old Delhi. We take a Rickshaw Ride parallel to the Red Fort through the old city and famous Silk Road and Silver Bazaar. Sightseeing of Old Delhi includes "Rajghat", the site where Mahatma Gandhi was cremated and Jama Masjid, the great mosque of old Delhi. Today we also visit the famous "Humayun Tomb". Humayun Tomb is the first substantial example of Mughal architecture in India. Before we proceed to the Hotel we drive through the embassy area in New Delhi where we visit the India Gate and see some impressive Government Buildings.
Delhi - Jaipur (about 270 km)
Today we drive to the Pink City, Jaipur. This city owes its name, foundations and careful planning to the great warrior and astronomer, Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II. Jaipur is the capital of Rajasthan and famous for its handicrafts and precious and semiprecious stones. In the afternoon we visit the City palace which is still the formal residence of the royal family, built in a blend of the Rajasthani and Mughal architecture. In the museum of the city palace we visit the private collection of the Jaipur Maharajas. We continue to Jantar Mantar, a stone observatory, the largest of Jai Singh's five remarkable observatories. Its complex instruments reveals us the secrets of medieval Indian astronomy.
After breakfast we drive to the ancient capital of Amber, laying 11 km. away from Jaipur. Amber was the ancient capital of Kachhawaha dynasty for 6 centuries before it was moved to newly created Jaipur. We will ascend to the Palace Fortress on the back of an Elephant. Enroute to Amber we visit the Hawa Mahal (Palace of the Winds), built in 1799 AD, it contains 953 small casements with each having its own balcony. The windows enabled cool air to circulate and the ladies to watch processions below without being seen. In the afternoon we have a walk through the colourful Bazaar of Jaipur and visit a factory to see the famous block printing work being done since centuries in Jaipur. In the evening we drive through the new city of Jaipur and visit "Laxmi Narayan Mandir", a Hindu temple made out of white marble. We might have an opportunity here to observe a prayer ceremony. Today we have dinner with a presentation of Indian music and dance.
Jaipur - Fatehpur Sikri - Agra (about 260 km)
Today we leave Rajasthan, the biggest state in India and drive through a series of fields, small towns and villages in direction of Agra. Enroute we make a stop and visit Fatehpur Sikri, which was once an imperial capital frozen in time, constructed by Akbar the Great in the 16th century. This wonderful city constructed by red sand stones was abandoned as abruptly as it had been built. It has been generally stated that it was due to failing in the water supply. Late evening arrival in Agra. Rest of the day at leisure.
We start today our sightseeing by a visit to the Agra Fort, built by three of the greatest Mughal emperors. The construction of this massive structure began in 1565 under Akbar's reign and continued till the time of his grandson's reign, Shah Jahan who built the impressive imperial quarters and mosque. We proceed to visit the most beautiful monument of India, the Taj Mahal, an enduring monument to love, with a continually fulfilling beauty. It was built by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan between 1631-52, as a tomb and memorial to his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal (Jewel of the Palace), who died at the age of 39 giving birth to her 14th child. We spend enough time at Taj Mahal to take this impressive memory home. After the visit of Taj Mahal we have a look at the famous fine marble inlay work which is still being done in Agra by the descendants of the families of builders and artists of the Taj Mahal.
Agra - Delhi - Kathmandu
In morning, after having our Breakfast we drive to Delhi Airport for the flight to Nepal. Arrival in Nepal. The cosmopolitan City and capital Nepal is the main gateway for travellers to Nepal. You are met by an Indo Vacations representative and transferred to your Hotel.
In the morning we enjoy the first impression of Kathmandu. Kathmandu Valley is the cultural and political heart of the country. The city enjoyed its most glorious time under the reign of Mallas in the 16th and 17th century.
Kathmandu - Pokhara
In the morning after having our breakfast, drive to Pokhara. Pokhara is the gateway to Himalaya. The Pokhara valley is the second biggest valley in the central hilly region of Nepal after Kathmandu. The town of Pokhara itself, at an altitude of just 900 m on the Seti Khola river is overshadowed by the fishtail mountain (6,999 m), one of the most beautiful mountain of the world.
Pokhara Excursion: Begnas Lake
In the early morning we drive to the north of Pokhara to the view point and enjoy the panorama view of the Annapurna and Machapuchare mountains which are only 30 km away from us. In the morning time these mountain appears to be in the golden light. After the breakfast in Pokhara we drive 15 km to Begnas lake and have a Boat ride on the lake. The Begnas lake is the biggest lake in the Pokhara valley with beautiful surrounding. We can have a walk here and see the life in the villages of Himalayas.
Pokhara - Chitwan National Park
Today we leave the world of mountains and drive to the south of Nepal to the Royal Chitwan National park. This National Park is situated near the Indian Nepal border. The area of the National Park covers around 950 square km. The Chitwan National park is the natural habitat of the Tiger, great one-horned Indian rhinoceros, leopard, gaur, sloth and wild bear, sambar. We have our overnight stay in a comfortable Lodge in the National Park.
Chitwan National Park
We take the best possibility to explore the National Park on the back of elephants. In the early morning there are more than 450 different bird species who make this National Park full of life. In the afternoon we take a ride in Canoe on the Naryani river and after than get on to jeeps to explore the park more intensively in the accompany of a forest officer.
Chitwan National Park - Kathmandu
Today we leave Chitwan National Park and drive Kathmandu. The afternoon is at leisure. We have enough time today to discover the coloured bazaar of Kathmandu.
Kathmandu Excursion: Swayambhunath, Bodnath, Pashupatinath
In the morning we start our sightseeing by visiting Durbar Square. Durbar Square is the spiritual heart of Kathmandu. The old royal palace at the centre of the city was surrounded by temples and other important buildings. This is the most important point in Kathmandu to see the culture and religion of Nepal. We also visit the temple of living goddess Kumari. After Durbar square we visit Swayambhunath. The stupa at Swayambhunath is the most important and oldest site of Buddhist worship in Nepal. Swayambhunath Stupa is famous for the eyes of Buddha which seem to observing the world from all 4 directions. After Swayambhunath we visit Bodhnath. Bodhnath is the largest Stupa of Nepal. Around the octagonal base of Stupa there are 108 images of Buddha where prayer ceremonies of Buddhist Lamas are taking place since over 2000 years.
Kathmandu Excursion: Patan, Bhaktapur
Today we will drive to Patan. Patan was the second largest town in the valley but it has been absorbed into Kathmandu. Patan was previously known as Lalitpur (the beautiful city). The famous King Ashoka built the Stupas at four corners in the 250 BC. The temple architecture here gave this city fame to be unique and most beautiful. After Patan we proceed to Bhaktapur, the third biggest city of the valley. Bhaktapur has preserved it's medieval character better than Patan. We visit the golden Door, the Palace of 55 windows (15th century) and Pagoda Nyatapola (18th century).
Kathmandu Excursion: Dakshin Kali Flight Back Home
Today we start for our last excursion to Dakshinkali. On the way we pass through the villages and small localities. Today we see the rural area where most of the people make their living by cultivating their fields. The temple of Dakshinkali is a place of pilgrimage for Hindus where still animals sacrifices for the goddess Kali are performed. In the evening transfer to the Airport. Flight to the home destination.
- Inclusions -
- Rooms on the departure day.
- Exclusions -
- Unspecified Meals etc.
- Extras -
- Given cost if on per person basis on minimum two travelers. There is discount available between April and September. Please write us to receive more details !
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Kathmandu
- Mountain Flight - from 170 USD
- Everest Panorama Treks - 18 days from 1050 USD
- Nepal Tour Knowledge Break - 5 days from 950 USD
- Everest Basecamp Treks - 17 days from 1190 USD
- Hi Road to Lhasa - 26 days from 5500 USD
- Mount Kailash & Lake Manasarovar - 16 days from 1900 USD
- Everest Base Camp 18 Day Trekking - 18 days from 1050 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek - 13 days from 599 USD
- Trishuli The High Water River - 2 days from 99 USD
- Everest Classic Trekking - 28 days from 1498 USD
- Gokyo Lake Trekking - 16 days from 998 USD
- Tilicho Lake Trekking - 20 days from 1298 USD
- Shivapuri Trekking Short - 5 days from 315 USD
- Wet, Wild And Wonderfull Nepal - 10 days from 898 USD
- Annapurna Trekking 20 Days - 20 days from 700 USD
- Kathmandu Sight Seeing - 4 days from 200 USD
- Ghorepani Trekking - 11 days from 490 USD
- Ghandruk Trekking Short - 7 days from 315 USD
- Gosaikunda Trekking - 13 days from 532 USD
- Langtang Valley Trekking - 11 days from 465 USD
- Annapurna Circuit 24 Day Trek - 24 days from 1098 USD
- Everest Base Camp 14 Day Tour - 14 days from 900 USD
- Trekking in Nepal Himalaya - 18 days from 125 USD
- Terraced temples & Tharu Jungle Trek - 13 days from 858 GBP
- Easygoing Classic Kathmandu - 3 days from 58 GBP
- Everest Base Camp Trekking - 18 days from 790 GBP
- Go Nepal - 13 days from 842 GBP
- Kings and Gods of the Valley - 4 days from 171 GBP
- Helambu Homestay Trek - 7 days from 379 GBP
- Trekking Across the Edge of the Valley - 4 days from 199 GBP
- Mount Everest Gokyo Trek 15 Days - 15 days from 700 USD
- Nepal Discover Tour - 8 days from 430 USD
- Annapurna Trek and Chitwan Adventure - 16 days from 1000 USD
- Lantang Valley Trek - 15 days from 750 USD
- Everest Base Camp Treks - 17 days from 1000 USD
- Annapurna Circuit - 23 days from 675 GBP
- Another Everest Base Camp - 19 days from 580 GBP
- Trekking in Nepal - 18 days from 720 USD
- Explore Nepal with Top Of The World Mount Everst With Angel... - 8 days from 850 USD
- Classic Nepal Tour - 10 days from 555 USD
- Mt Everest Base Camp Trek - 17 days from 920 USD
- Nepal Experience Tour - 12 days from 910 USD
- Best Of Nepal - 15 days from 635 USD
- Nepal 10 Day Tour - 10 days from 380 USD
- Glimpses of Romantic Nepal 4 Nights 5 Days - 5 days from 700 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Trekking in Nepal - 19 days from 550 USD
- Everest Base Camp trekking in Nepal - 15 days from 650 USD
- Nepal Adventure Tour - 10 days from 350 USD
- 17 Days Annapurna Base Camp - 17 days from 515 USD
- 11 Days Poon Hill trek - 11 days from 320 USD
- Kailash Mansarovar Yatra - 16 days from 72000 INR
- Everest BaseCamp Trek - 18 days from 770 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Trekking - 18 days from 850 USD
- Everest Base Camp Trek - 14 days from 840 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek Nepal - 16 days from 650 USD
- Everest Adventure - 16 days from 800 USD
- Everest Basecamp Trek - 21 days from 1999 USD
- Tibet Intensive Tour - 8 days from 920 USD
- Kathmandu and Lhasa Tour - 7 days from 632 USD
- Spiritual Lhasa - 5 days from 589 USD
- Tibet Short Tour - 4 days from 571 USD
- Best of Tibet - 8 days from 989 USD
- Nepal and Taj Mahal Tour - 12 days from 963 USD
- Majestic Nepal - 11 days from 982 USD
- Nepal Adventure Tour - 11 days from 1194 USD
- 10 Days Nepal and Tibet Tour - 10 days from 1299 USD
- Nepal Intensive Tour - 10 days from 1135 USD
- Nepal and Goa Tour - 10 days from 892 USD
- Nepal Golden Triangle Tour - 9 days from 856 USD
- Best of Nepal Tour - 8 days from 910 USD
- Nepal Tour - 8 days from 743 USD
- Nepal Travel - 7 days from 500 USD
- 7 Days Nepal and Tibet Tour - 7 days from 799 USD
- 6 Days Nepal and Tibet Tour - 6 days from 742 USD
- Nepal Short Tour - 6 days from 579 USD
- Nepal Heritage Tour - 5 days from 495 USD
- Nepal Temple Tour - 4 days from 422 USD
- Tibet Tour - 11 days from 1371 USD
- Kailash Mansarovar Yatra - 18 days from 1656 USD
- Nepal Trekking Tour - 16 days from 1112 USD
- Encounters Nepal - 8 days from 550 USD
- Nepal Sightseeing Tour - 8 days from 390 USD
- Everest Base Camp Trekking and Tours - 14 days from 650 USD
- Everest Base Camp Trek - 14 days from 600 USD
- Adventure Upper Mustang Lo Manthang Trekking - 17 days from 1750 USD
- Langtang Kyangin GompaTrekking - 17 days from 650 USD
- Cultural Sightseeing tour in Nepal - 10 days from 750 USD
- Adventure Kailash Lhasa Tour - 22 days from 2650 USD
- Volunteer Tour - 15 days from 850 USD
- Sightseeing Adventure in Nepal - 9 days from 440 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Treks - 15 days from 540 USD
- Everest Base Camp Trekking - 17 days from 875 USD
- Everest Trek - 17 days from 60 USD
- Experience of Nepal - 8 days from 440 USD
- First Class Tour of Nepal - 9 days from 1499 USD
- Everest Base Camp 3 - 16 days from 960 USD
- India Nepal Tour Package - 15 days from 749 USD
- Everest Base Camp 2 - 19 days from 950 USD
- Amadablam Expedition - 30 days from 1075 USD
- Langtang Valley Adventure Tour - 9 days from 600 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Hiking & Walking tour - 22 days from 999 USD
- Everest Base Camp And Gokyo Lodge Trek - 20 days from 1020 USD
- Around Annapurna Lodge Trek Nepal - 21 days from 950 USD
- Upper Mustang Trekking - 18 days from 2000 USD
- Everest Base Camp Trek - 15 days from 750 USD
- Everest Base Camp 1 - 21 days from 850 GBP
- Kathmandu Stopover - 4 days from 199 USD
- Everest Base Camp Tour - 14 days from 1095 EUR
Email the tour operator - Indian Golden Triangle with Kathmandu
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.