Gokyo Lake Trekking
- Walking / Hiking
- Price from:
- 998 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 16 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 07.30 am
- End time:
- 02.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 04/21/2009
Gokyo Lake Trekking offers excellent and rewarding views of Mount Everest in the adjacent range. From Gokyo village, you can see clearly Mount Everest from a slightly greater distance.
On arrival in Kathmandu you are met by our representative who will transport you to your hotel in the heart of Kathmandu for the night.
After having breakfast enjoy a guide sightseeing tour around Kathmandu valley. You will visit many Buddhist and Hindu temples which reflect the local culture and tradition of Nepalese society. In the evening you will return to the Hotel, B.B. O/N at Kathmandu.
You have a scenic flight of 30 â 35 minutes to Lukla (2800m) from Kathmandu. In Lukla you can see the airline office and numerous lodges. The trail from Lukla leads you to Chablung (2700) and it descends steeply to the Tharo Kosi which is also known as Kusum Kangru Khola (river). Beyond the Tharo Kosi Bridge, the trail climbs to Ghat (2590) and again climbs to Phadking. In Phadking you can climb to the gompa to see your first view of the high peaks. Now you will really feeling like you have arrived in the Himalayan Kingdom. Stay at Guest house- Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast. O/N at Phadking.
From Phadking the trail follows the Dudh Koshi River and reaches Zamphuti. From here you can see excellent views of Thamserku peak. Then the trail climbs to Chomoa, the site of an agricultural project, an interesting place to have a look around and gain an insight into the farming way of life of these people. From Chomoa, the trail again climbs to Monjo (2840m) and enters the Sagarmatha (Everest) National Park (1148sq km, established in 1976). Walking some distance up hill you will be at Jorsale (2830m) and after a long climb with views of Mt. Everest peeking over the ridge of Nuptse (7879m) the trail reaches the street of Namche Bazaar. Stay at Guest house- Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast. O/N at Namche Bazaar (3420m).
After having breakfast take some sightseeing around Namche Bazaar. Then you can hike to the Everest View Hotel, the ideal place to overview some of the outstanding mountains such as Mt. Everest, Ama Dablam, Thamserku, Lhotse etc. Make sure you have your camera to capture this moment. You can walk around the Khumjung valley, Hillery School and Khunde Hospital and then return back to Namche. In the centre of Namche you can visit the mountaineering museum and visit the Sagarmata Pollution Control Committee (SPCC). In Namche Bazaar you can spend some time interacting with the fun-loving Sherpa and Rai people. In Namche above the police check post you will see Sagarmatha National Park headquarters and if you want to look at the visitor centre it is open from 8am to 4pm except Saturdays and holidays. Stay at Guest house- Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast. O/N at Namche.
Climbing the hill to Khumjung, turning the north Gokyo route you can reach to Mong (Mohang) which is known as the birth place of the Saint Lama Sanga Dorje, the reincarnation lama of Rongbuk Monastery. The trail descends to the Dudh Koshi and enters at Phortse Thanga. Stay at Guest house- Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast. O/N at Phortse Thanga.
The trail climbs steeply through rhododendron forests, passing many Kharkas on its way to Tongba (3950m) and Gyele (3960m) and finally Dole. Stay at Guest house- Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast. O/N at Dole.
The trail climbs through a huge rock at Lhabarma (4330m) and carries on to Luza (4340m).From Luza the trail continues to climb to Machhermo (4410m) where you can have good views of the mountains. Stay at Guest house- Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast. O/N at Machhermo.
Passing through Machhermo the trail climbs and reaches Pangka (4390m). Beyond Pangka the trail drops and again climbs steeply. From there you can see the massive Ngozmpa Glacier and finally you arrive at Gokyo. Stay at Guest house- Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast. O/N at Gokyo.
After having breakfast you can take a look around Gokyo valley. If you want to observe the best view you have to climb Gokyo RI (5357m) which is also called Kala Pattar but not the Kala Pattar above Gorakshep. From here you have panoramic views of Cho Oyu (8201m), Gyachung Kang (7922m), Everest, Lhotse (8516m), Makalu (4063m), Cholaste and Tawachee. Back to Guest house- Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast. O/N at Gokyo.
From Gokyo the trail descends to Phortse, climbing across the terminal moraine of the Ngozumpa Glacier to Na (4400m) and making afew ups and downs the trail enters Phortse. Stay at Guest house- Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast. O/N at Phortse.
The trail descends from Phortse to the bridge at Phortse thanga and rejoins the original route from Khumjung and then brings you to Namche Bazaar. Stay at Guest house- Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast. O/N at Namche Bazaar.
Trek back to Lukla. Stay at Guesthouse â Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast. O/N at Lukla.
Fly back to Kathmandu. Hotel, B.B. O/N at Kathmandu.
We allow a Leisure day in Kathmandu incase the flight from Lukla is canceled due to weather. If you are in Kathmandu we will take you on a guided tour to Bhaktapur Durbar Square, one of the oldest cities in the valley. Back to Hotel, B.B. O/N at Kathmandu.
Transfer to Airport for your onward destination.
- Inclusions -
- â¢Trekking Registration Certificate (TRC).
- Exclusions -
- â¢Any type of personal expenses, such as alcoholic beverages and drinks, phone and laundry.
- Extras -
- Gokyo Lake Trekking
Gokyo Lake Trekking offers excellent and rewarding views of Mount Everest in the adjacent range. From Gokyo village, you can see clearly Mount Everest from a slightly greater distance. The views in the Gokyo region are tremendous. Gokyo Lake trekking takes you through romantic villages of stone houses and walled pastures on the shores of Gokyo Lake. It offers you the chance to observe the local peoples way of life and also you may encounter yaks. While trekking to Gokyo Lake you will be astounded by the ice ridge between Cho Oyu and Gyachung located in Khumbu region. Gokyo Lake trekking provides panoramic views of Cho Oyu, Gyanchung Kang, Everest, Lhotse, Makalu, Cholaste and Tawachee.
Facts of the Trek
Grade: Moderate to Strenuous
Per day walking: 5 â€' 7 hours
Best seasons: February, March, April, May, October, November
Maximum height: 5483m
Duration: 16 days
â€¢World Highest Mountain (Mt. Everest)
â€¢Romantic Gokyo region
â€¢Authentic Sherpa Villages
â€¢Explore Gokyo Lake
â€¢Khumjung valley, Hillery School and Khunde Hospital
â€¢Sagarmatha National Park
â€¢Panoramic views of Cho Oyu , Gyachung Kang , Everest, Lhotse , Makalu , Cholaste and Tawachee
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Kathmandu
- Mountain Flight - from 170 USD
- Everest Panorama Treks - 18 days from 1050 USD
- Nepal Tour Knowledge Break - 5 days from 950 USD
- Everest Basecamp Treks - 17 days from 1190 USD
- Hi Road to Lhasa - 26 days from 5500 USD
- Mount Kailash & Lake Manasarovar - 16 days from 1900 USD
- Everest Base Camp 18 Day Trekking - 18 days from 1050 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek - 13 days from 599 USD
- Trishuli The High Water River - 2 days from 99 USD
- Everest Classic Trekking - 28 days from 1498 USD
- Tilicho Lake Trekking - 20 days from 1298 USD
- Shivapuri Trekking Short - 5 days from 315 USD
- Wet, Wild And Wonderfull Nepal - 10 days from 898 USD
- Annapurna Trekking 20 Days - 20 days from 700 USD
- Kathmandu Sight Seeing - 4 days from 200 USD
- Ghorepani Trekking - 11 days from 490 USD
- Ghandruk Trekking Short - 7 days from 315 USD
- Gosaikunda Trekking - 13 days from 532 USD
- Langtang Valley Trekking - 11 days from 465 USD
- Annapurna Circuit 24 Day Trek - 24 days from 1098 USD
- Everest Base Camp 14 Day Tour - 14 days from 900 USD
- Trekking in Nepal Himalaya - 18 days from 125 USD
- Terraced temples & Tharu Jungle Trek - 13 days from 858 GBP
- Easygoing Classic Kathmandu - 3 days from 58 GBP
- Everest Base Camp Trekking - 18 days from 790 GBP
- Go Nepal - 13 days from 842 GBP
- Kings and Gods of the Valley - 4 days from 171 GBP
- Helambu Homestay Trek - 7 days from 379 GBP
- Trekking Across the Edge of the Valley - 4 days from 199 GBP
- Mount Everest Gokyo Trek 15 Days - 15 days from 700 USD
- Nepal Discover Tour - 8 days from 430 USD
- Annapurna Trek and Chitwan Adventure - 16 days from 1000 USD
- Lantang Valley Trek - 15 days from 750 USD
- Everest Base Camp Treks - 17 days from 1000 USD
- Annapurna Circuit - 23 days from 675 GBP
- Another Everest Base Camp - 19 days from 580 GBP
- Trekking in Nepal - 18 days from 720 USD
- Explore Nepal with Top Of The World Mount Everst With Angel... - 8 days from 850 USD
- Classic Nepal Tour - 10 days from 555 USD
- Mt Everest Base Camp Trek - 17 days from 920 USD
- Nepal Experience Tour - 12 days from 910 USD
- Best Of Nepal - 15 days from 635 USD
- Nepal 10 Day Tour - 10 days from 380 USD
- Glimpses of Romantic Nepal 4 Nights 5 Days - 5 days from 700 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Trekking in Nepal - 19 days from 550 USD
- Everest Base Camp trekking in Nepal - 15 days from 650 USD
- Nepal Adventure Tour - 10 days from 350 USD
- 17 Days Annapurna Base Camp - 17 days from 515 USD
- 11 Days Poon Hill trek - 11 days from 320 USD
- Kailash Mansarovar Yatra - 16 days from 72000 INR
- Everest BaseCamp Trek - 18 days from 770 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Trekking - 18 days from 850 USD
- Everest Base Camp Trek - 14 days from 840 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek Nepal - 16 days from 650 USD
- Everest Adventure - 16 days from 800 USD
- Everest Basecamp Trek - 21 days from 1999 USD
- Tibet Intensive Tour - 8 days from 920 USD
- Kathmandu and Lhasa Tour - 7 days from 632 USD
- Spiritual Lhasa - 5 days from 589 USD
- Tibet Short Tour - 4 days from 571 USD
- Best of Tibet - 8 days from 989 USD
- Nepal and Taj Mahal Tour - 12 days from 963 USD
- Majestic Nepal - 11 days from 982 USD
- Nepal Adventure Tour - 11 days from 1194 USD
- 10 Days Nepal and Tibet Tour - 10 days from 1299 USD
- Nepal Intensive Tour - 10 days from 1135 USD
- Nepal and Goa Tour - 10 days from 892 USD
- Nepal Golden Triangle Tour - 9 days from 856 USD
- Best of Nepal Tour - 8 days from 910 USD
- Nepal Tour - 8 days from 743 USD
- Nepal Travel - 7 days from 500 USD
- 7 Days Nepal and Tibet Tour - 7 days from 799 USD
- 6 Days Nepal and Tibet Tour - 6 days from 742 USD
- Nepal Short Tour - 6 days from 579 USD
- Nepal Heritage Tour - 5 days from 495 USD
- Nepal Temple Tour - 4 days from 422 USD
- Tibet Tour - 11 days from 1371 USD
- Kailash Mansarovar Yatra - 18 days from 1656 USD
- Nepal Trekking Tour - 16 days from 1112 USD
- Indian Golden Triangle with Kathmandu - 16 days from 1276 USD
- Encounters Nepal - 8 days from 550 USD
- Nepal Sightseeing Tour - 8 days from 390 USD
- Everest Base Camp Trekking and Tours - 14 days from 650 USD
- Everest Base Camp Trek - 14 days from 600 USD
- Adventure Upper Mustang Lo Manthang Trekking - 17 days from 1750 USD
- Langtang Kyangin GompaTrekking - 17 days from 650 USD
- Cultural Sightseeing tour in Nepal - 10 days from 750 USD
- Adventure Kailash Lhasa Tour - 22 days from 2650 USD
- Volunteer Tour - 15 days from 850 USD
- Sightseeing Adventure in Nepal - 9 days from 440 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Treks - 15 days from 540 USD
- Everest Base Camp Trekking - 17 days from 875 USD
- Everest Trek - 17 days from 60 USD
- Experience of Nepal - 8 days from 440 USD
- First Class Tour of Nepal - 9 days from 1499 USD
- Everest Base Camp 3 - 16 days from 960 USD
- India Nepal Tour Package - 15 days from 749 USD
- Everest Base Camp 2 - 19 days from 950 USD
- Amadablam Expedition - 30 days from 1075 USD
- Langtang Valley Adventure Tour - 9 days from 600 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Hiking & Walking tour - 22 days from 999 USD
- Everest Base Camp And Gokyo Lodge Trek - 20 days from 1020 USD
- Around Annapurna Lodge Trek Nepal - 21 days from 950 USD
- Upper Mustang Trekking - 18 days from 2000 USD
- Everest Base Camp Trek - 15 days from 750 USD
- Everest Base Camp 1 - 21 days from 850 GBP
- Kathmandu Stopover - 4 days from 199 USD
- Everest Base Camp Tour - 14 days from 1095 EUR
Email the tour operator - Gokyo Lake Trekking
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.