Everest Classic Trekking
- Walking / Hiking
- Price from:
- 1498 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 28 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 07.30 am
- End time:
- 02.30 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 04/21/2009
Trekking in the Everest region is a life time dream of many people. To stand at the foot of the worldâs tallest mountain is high up on the list of many peopleâs desires. This Classic Everest trek
On arrival in Kathmandu you are met by our representative who will transport you to your hotel in the heart of Kathmandu for the night.
After having breakfast enjoy a guide sightseeing tour around Kathmandu valley. You will visit many Buddhist and Hindu temples which reflect the local culture and tradition of Nepalese society. In the evening you will return to the Hotel.B.B. O/N at Kathmandu.
The drive normally takes 7-8 hours covering 188km from Kathmandu. The drive allows you excellent panoramic views of the eastern Himalaya including Ganesh Himal, Langtang Lirung and Dorje Lakpa. The road descends to Panchkal crossing the SunKosi River and joins the Swiss made road to Jiri. After crossing a pass at 2440m the road makes a long sweep and reaches the village of Charikot at the road junction for Dolkha. The road descends from Charikot passing Tama Kosi valley and climbs above Kabre. Finally the road descends along the top of a ridge to Jiri Bazaar. Stay at Guest house- Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast. O/N at Jiri Bazaar.
Walking through deep forests, the trail starts uphill climbing to the ridge at 2370m. Trekking through Mali, a populated Sherpa village cross the bridge to Shivalaya and come to Bhandar where you can see the police check post and two imposing chortens. Stay at Guest house- Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast. O/N at Bhandar.
From Bhandar descending through deep forests the trail drops into a canyon, passes Baranda and reaches Likhu Khola (1490m). Spend some time watching the grey langur monkeys playing in the lush tree tops. Continue climbing over the ridge that makes up Kenja (1570m) a small inhabited village of Newars and Magars, the ethnic groups of this area. After climbing some hours you reach Chimbu (2140m) and then Sete where you can take some time to explore the small monastery. Stay at Guest house- Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast. O/N at Sete.
Taking the scenic route the trek heads into the mountain forest with its huge moss âcovered rhododendron, magnolia and birch trees. About an hour above Sete the trail reaches to Dagchu (2880m) and continues to climb to Goyom (3300m). The route descend steeply through the field and pasture land to the small settlement of Tragdobuk (2860m) and then it moves on to Junbesi a splendid Sherpa village with beautiful surrounding. Spend the afternoon here exploring the village and the way of life of its inhabitants. Stay at Guest house- Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast. O/N at Junbesi.
The trail crosses the Junbesi khola (river) and heads to Phaphlu, the site of an airstrip and the administrative centre of the Solu Khumbu district. Climbing up the ridge at Khurtang (2980m) you can have your first tantalizing view of Everest as well as Thamaserku and Mera peak. Walking several ups and down, the trail passes the isolated monastery of Trakshindo and reaches Nuntala. Stay at Guest house- Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast. O/N at Nuntala.
From Nuntala the trail descends to Dudh Koshi and reaches to Jubling where you can see garlands of marigolds. The trail passes through many Sherpa and magar villages and descends to Khari khola before it makes a steep climb to Bupse. Stay at Guest house- Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast. O/N at Bupse.
From Bupse the trail climbs steadily allowing you early morning views of Khumbilia and Cho Oyu, before it reaches Surke (2290m). The trail passes several small valleys and meanders through a forest before reaching Mushe. Trekking along the wide stone trail through Mushe you reach Chaunnkharka (2650m). To finish the day you make a sharp ascent to chabiung. Stay at Guest house- Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast. O/N at Chabblung.
From Chabblung you climb to reach Namche Bazaar a famous and busy focal point of the Sherpa people in the Everest region. Stay at Guest house- Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast. O/N at Namche Bazaar.
After having breakfast take some sightseeing around Namche Bazaar. Then you can hike to the Everest View Hotel, the ideal place to overview some of the outstanding mountains such as Mt. Everest, Ama Dablam, Thamserku, Lhotse etc. You can walk around the Khumjung valley, Hillery School and Khunde Hospital and then return back to Namche. In the centre of Namche you can visit the mountaineering museum and visit the Sagarmata Pollution Control Committee (SPCC). In Namche Bazaar you can spend some time interacting with the fun-loving Sherpa and Rai people. In Namche above the police checkpost you will see Sagarmatha National Park headquarters and if you want to look at the visitor centre it is open from 8am to 4pm except Saturdays and holidays. Stay at Guest house- Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast. O/N at Namche.
Climbing the hill to Khumjung, turning north onto the Gokyo route you can reach Mong (Mohang) which is known as the birth place of the Saint Lama Sanga Dorje, the reincarnation lama of Rongbuk Monastery. The trail descends to the Dudh Koshi and finishes for the day at Phortse Thanga. Stay at Guest house- Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast. O/N at Phortse Thanga.
The trail climbs steeply from Phortse Thanga through the cool, dense rhododendron forest, passing many Kharkas on its way to Tongba (3950m) and Gyele (3960m) and finally Dole. Stay at Guest house- Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast. O/N at Dole.
The trail climbs through a hole in the huge rock at Lhabarma (4330m) and goes on to Luza (4340m).From Luza the trail continues to climb to Machhermo (4410m). Here after gaining a lot of altitude you are presented with amazing views of the mountains. Stay at Guest house- Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast. O/N at Machhermo.
Further than Machhermo the trails climbs and reaches Pangka (4390m). Beyond Pangka the trail drops and again climbs steeply. From there you can see and be amazed by the massive Ngozmpa Glacier before you finally get to Gokyo. Stay at Guest house- Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast. O/N at Gokyo.
After having breakfast you can explore the valley and soak up the views around Gokyo. If you want to observe the best view you have to climb Gokyo RI (5357m) which is also called Kala Pattar but not the Kala Pattar above Gorakshep. From here you have a panoramic view of Cho Oyu (8201m), Gyachung Kang (7922m), Everest, Lhotse (8516m), Makalu (4063m), Cholaste and Tawachee. Please have your camera on hand! Stay at Guest house- Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast. O/N at Gokyo.
From Gokyo the trail descends, looking at the views of the fine mountains and natural beauty, towards Thangna which is consider as the base of Cho -La Pass. Stay at Guest house- Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast. O/N at Thangna.
Today the trail descends again and leads you across the moraine, to the glacier which you must cross. From here you can see a beautiful view of the icefall before you reach Dzongla. Stay at Guest house- Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast. O/N at Dzongla.
The trail continues along the moraine from Dzongla affording you splendid views of Kala Pattar and Pumori before you reach Lobuche. Stay at Guest house- Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast. O/N at Lobuche.
The trail from Lobuche follows a route which is surrounded by mountains. After a gradual climb you will reach Gorak Shep which is also surrounded by mountains. You are now nestled high up amongst some of the tallest peaks in the world. Stay at Guesthouse â Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast. O/N at Gorak Shep.
Early in the morning hike to Kalapattar (5545m) which is the most exciting part of the trip and take in panoramic views of Mt. Everest, the way of the South Col Khumbu, the icefall and glacier and Pumori as well. Return to Gorek Shep, for Lunch. If you are interested to go to EBC (5400m) your guide will take you along the undulating trail to this much coveted place. From here you can observe the blue ice and the Khumbu icefall. This trekking will be an unforgettable experience in your lifetime. Head back to Gorek Shep. Stay at Guesthouse â Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast. O/N at Gorek Shep.
Trek back to Periche. Stay at Guesthouse â Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast. O/N at Pheriche.
Trek back to Tengboche. Stay at Guesthouse â Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast. O/N at Tengboche.
Trek back to Namche. Stay at Guesthouse â Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast. O/N at Namche.
Trek back to Lukla. Stay at Guesthouse â Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast. O/N at Lukla.
Flight back to Kathmandu. Hotel, B.B. O/N at Kathmandu.
We allow a Leisure day in Kathmandu incase the flight from Lukla is canceled due to weather. If you are in Kathmandu we will take you on a guided tour to Bhaktapur Durbar Square, one of the oldest cities in the valley. Back to Hotel, B.B. O/N at Kathmandu.
Transfer to Airport for your onward destination.
- Inclusions -
- â¢Trekking Registration Certificate (TRC).
- Exclusions -
- â¢Nepal entry visa fee US$ 30 (duration 60 days from date of issue) - you may easily obtain the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Extras -
- Everest Classic Trekking
Trekking in the Everest region is a life time dream of many people. To stand at the foot of the worldâ€s tallest mountain is high up on the list of many peopleâ€s desires. This Classic Everest trek is the perfect chance to take in this majestic mountain and the splendid beauty of the regionâ€s scenery. This trek winds, climbs and descends its way through lush low land and alpine forest, Buddhist monasteries and authentic Sherpa Villages. This trek provides you the opportunity to explore the lifestyle of the Himalayan people, their religion, customs and traditions. Alluring birds like the golden eagle, snow pigeon, red-billed and yellow-billed choughs and flowers like rhododendron, magnolias, blue pine, chir pine, juniper and hemlock make the trekking a delight for nature lovers. What better way to take in this region than by begin at the bottom and reaching the heights of base camp by your own two feet. This certainly offers the achievement of a life time.
Facts of the Trek
Grade: Moderate to Strenuous
Per day walking: 5-6 hours
Best seasons: February, March, April, May, October, November
Maximum height: 5545m
Duration: 28 days
â€¢Views of mount Everest
â€¢Year round Extensive flora and fauna.
â€¢Unique hill cultures to explore.
â€¢Monastery in Tengboche
â€¢Numerous trekking peaks to climb
â€¢Connecting treks to remote areas.
â€¢Visit to the Hillary School
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Kathmandu
- Mountain Flight - from 170 USD
- Everest Panorama Treks - 18 days from 1050 USD
- Nepal Tour Knowledge Break - 5 days from 950 USD
- Everest Basecamp Treks - 17 days from 1190 USD
- Hi Road to Lhasa - 26 days from 5500 USD
- Mount Kailash & Lake Manasarovar - 16 days from 1900 USD
- Everest Base Camp 18 Day Trekking - 18 days from 1050 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek - 13 days from 599 USD
- Trishuli The High Water River - 2 days from 99 USD
- Gokyo Lake Trekking - 16 days from 998 USD
- Tilicho Lake Trekking - 20 days from 1298 USD
- Shivapuri Trekking Short - 5 days from 315 USD
- Wet, Wild And Wonderfull Nepal - 10 days from 898 USD
- Annapurna Trekking 20 Days - 20 days from 700 USD
- Kathmandu Sight Seeing - 4 days from 200 USD
- Ghorepani Trekking - 11 days from 490 USD
- Ghandruk Trekking Short - 7 days from 315 USD
- Gosaikunda Trekking - 13 days from 532 USD
- Langtang Valley Trekking - 11 days from 465 USD
- Annapurna Circuit 24 Day Trek - 24 days from 1098 USD
- Everest Base Camp 14 Day Tour - 14 days from 900 USD
- Trekking in Nepal Himalaya - 18 days from 125 USD
- Terraced temples & Tharu Jungle Trek - 13 days from 858 GBP
- Easygoing Classic Kathmandu - 3 days from 58 GBP
- Everest Base Camp Trekking - 18 days from 790 GBP
- Go Nepal - 13 days from 842 GBP
- Kings and Gods of the Valley - 4 days from 171 GBP
- Helambu Homestay Trek - 7 days from 379 GBP
- Trekking Across the Edge of the Valley - 4 days from 199 GBP
- Mount Everest Gokyo Trek 15 Days - 15 days from 700 USD
- Nepal Discover Tour - 8 days from 430 USD
- Annapurna Trek and Chitwan Adventure - 16 days from 1000 USD
- Lantang Valley Trek - 15 days from 750 USD
- Everest Base Camp Treks - 17 days from 1000 USD
- Annapurna Circuit - 23 days from 675 GBP
- Another Everest Base Camp - 19 days from 580 GBP
- Trekking in Nepal - 18 days from 720 USD
- Explore Nepal with Top Of The World Mount Everst With Angel... - 8 days from 850 USD
- Classic Nepal Tour - 10 days from 555 USD
- Mt Everest Base Camp Trek - 17 days from 920 USD
- Nepal Experience Tour - 12 days from 910 USD
- Best Of Nepal - 15 days from 635 USD
- Nepal 10 Day Tour - 10 days from 380 USD
- Glimpses of Romantic Nepal 4 Nights 5 Days - 5 days from 700 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Trekking in Nepal - 19 days from 550 USD
- Everest Base Camp trekking in Nepal - 15 days from 650 USD
- Nepal Adventure Tour - 10 days from 350 USD
- 17 Days Annapurna Base Camp - 17 days from 515 USD
- 11 Days Poon Hill trek - 11 days from 320 USD
- Kailash Mansarovar Yatra - 16 days from 72000 INR
- Everest BaseCamp Trek - 18 days from 770 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Trekking - 18 days from 850 USD
- Everest Base Camp Trek - 14 days from 840 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek Nepal - 16 days from 650 USD
- Everest Adventure - 16 days from 800 USD
- Everest Basecamp Trek - 21 days from 1999 USD
- Tibet Intensive Tour - 8 days from 920 USD
- Kathmandu and Lhasa Tour - 7 days from 632 USD
- Spiritual Lhasa - 5 days from 589 USD
- Tibet Short Tour - 4 days from 571 USD
- Best of Tibet - 8 days from 989 USD
- Nepal and Taj Mahal Tour - 12 days from 963 USD
- Majestic Nepal - 11 days from 982 USD
- Nepal Adventure Tour - 11 days from 1194 USD
- 10 Days Nepal and Tibet Tour - 10 days from 1299 USD
- Nepal Intensive Tour - 10 days from 1135 USD
- Nepal and Goa Tour - 10 days from 892 USD
- Nepal Golden Triangle Tour - 9 days from 856 USD
- Best of Nepal Tour - 8 days from 910 USD
- Nepal Tour - 8 days from 743 USD
- Nepal Travel - 7 days from 500 USD
- 7 Days Nepal and Tibet Tour - 7 days from 799 USD
- 6 Days Nepal and Tibet Tour - 6 days from 742 USD
- Nepal Short Tour - 6 days from 579 USD
- Nepal Heritage Tour - 5 days from 495 USD
- Nepal Temple Tour - 4 days from 422 USD
- Tibet Tour - 11 days from 1371 USD
- Kailash Mansarovar Yatra - 18 days from 1656 USD
- Nepal Trekking Tour - 16 days from 1112 USD
- Indian Golden Triangle with Kathmandu - 16 days from 1276 USD
- Encounters Nepal - 8 days from 550 USD
- Nepal Sightseeing Tour - 8 days from 390 USD
- Everest Base Camp Trekking and Tours - 14 days from 650 USD
- Everest Base Camp Trek - 14 days from 600 USD
- Adventure Upper Mustang Lo Manthang Trekking - 17 days from 1750 USD
- Langtang Kyangin GompaTrekking - 17 days from 650 USD
- Cultural Sightseeing tour in Nepal - 10 days from 750 USD
- Adventure Kailash Lhasa Tour - 22 days from 2650 USD
- Volunteer Tour - 15 days from 850 USD
- Sightseeing Adventure in Nepal - 9 days from 440 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Treks - 15 days from 540 USD
- Everest Base Camp Trekking - 17 days from 875 USD
- Everest Trek - 17 days from 60 USD
- Experience of Nepal - 8 days from 440 USD
- First Class Tour of Nepal - 9 days from 1499 USD
- Everest Base Camp 3 - 16 days from 960 USD
- India Nepal Tour Package - 15 days from 749 USD
- Everest Base Camp 2 - 19 days from 950 USD
- Amadablam Expedition - 30 days from 1075 USD
- Langtang Valley Adventure Tour - 9 days from 600 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Hiking & Walking tour - 22 days from 999 USD
- Everest Base Camp And Gokyo Lodge Trek - 20 days from 1020 USD
- Around Annapurna Lodge Trek Nepal - 21 days from 950 USD
- Upper Mustang Trekking - 18 days from 2000 USD
- Everest Base Camp Trek - 15 days from 750 USD
- Everest Base Camp 1 - 21 days from 850 GBP
- Kathmandu Stopover - 4 days from 199 USD
- Everest Base Camp Tour - 14 days from 1095 EUR
Email the tour operator - Everest Classic Trekking
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.