Everest Base Camp 3
- Walking / Hiking
- Price from:
- 960 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 16 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- French, English, nepali, sherpa
Last updated: 06/15/2008
A leisurely two week itinerary which allows a direct approach to the foot of the Mt. Everest, world's highest peak through enchanting Sherpa high country and unspoilt legendary monasteries.
Arrival in Kathmandu
Flying to Kathmandu along the northern border of Nepal on a clear day is in itself an exciting and memorable experience as exotic panoramic view of snow-capped Annapurna mountain range peaks sprawls before you. The Nepali support team will meet you at the airport and escort you to your hotel.
Sightseeing of Kathmandu Valley
Kathmandu, being a historical and cultural heart of Nepal, is a popular destination for tourists, trekkers and adventure seekers. The city presents a wonderful mixture of Hinduism, Tibetan Buddhism and Western influence in the Valley. Patan and Bhaktapur are its two major neighboring cities which bear immense historical, cultural and religious significance. There will be a half day guided tour to the famous & biggest Hindu shrine PASUPATHINATH, the largest Buddhist stupa in town BOUDHANATH, the 15th century palace of 55 windows and SOYAMBHUNATH. In the evening, a trip orientation meeting will be organized.
FLIGHT TO LUKLA TREK TO PHAKDING [2656m]"
A spectacular flight and hair raising landing on a steep mountain runway brings us to the start of our trek at the village of Lukla [2850m]. After meeting the crew, we head up the Dudh Koshi Valley on a well-marked trail to our first camp near the river at Phakding.
"TREK TO NAMCHE [3450m]"
From Phakding, we cross and re-cross the river on high suspension bridges. Beyond Monjo is the entrance to the Sagarmatha National Park which was set-up in order to protect and preserve this fragile mountain environment. We then ascend quite steeply to Namche and along the way, if the weather is clear, catch a first glimpse of Mt Everest in the distance. Namche is the main trading village in the Khumbu and has a busy Saturday market - a meeting place for the Hindu traders from the lowlands and the Tibetan yak caravans that have crossed the glaciated Nangpa La. Camp is near the bazaar at Namche.
"REST DAY IN NAMCHE"
Namche is tucked away between two ridges amidst the giant peaks of the Khumbu and has an abundance of lodges, tea shops and souvenir shops as well as a magnificent outlook. It is an ideal place to spend a rest day, acclimatising to the new altitude before heading off towards Tengboche. Options for acclimatisation walks include a visit to Khunde Hospital which was set-up by Sir Edmund Hillary, or a one hour walk up to the Everest View Hotel above Namche for the sunset view of Ama Dablam, Nuptse, Lhotse and Everest. There are also good views from the National Park Centre and Museum just above the town.
"TREK TO TENGBOCHE [3867m]"
From Namche, the trail contours around the side of the valley, high above the Dudh Kosi. Now we get our first really good views of the great peaks of the Khumbu including Mt Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse and Ama Dablam. Passing by several villages and numerous tea shops, we descend steeply to a bridge over the river at Phunki Tenga. The village is an excellent lunch spot, and here we can rest before making the steep climb to Tengboche. Although tiring, the hike up the zigzag path has numerous distractions, with rhododendron bushes, beautiful birds and superb mountain scenery. Tengboche is famous for its legendary monastery, the largest in the Khumbu. We camp near the monastery with Everest, Lhotse and Ama Dablam framed in the doorway of the tent.
TREK TO PHERICHE [4252m]
We descend steeply through a forest, cross the Imja Khola and climb steadily to the village of Pangboche. This is directly opposite Ama Dablam [6,856 m], and has exceptional views of the mountain, with the gompa, mani walls and scattered pine trees in the foreground. A further two hours walk brings us to Pheriche.
REST DAY IN PHERICHE
A day to rest and acclimatise and a chance to wander up the valley to look at a lake, the Tshola Tsho and the perpendicular walls of Cholatse and Tawache. Alternatively, we can climb up onto the ridge overlooking Dingboche for the view up the Imja Valley and the incredible south face of Lhotse.
TREK TO LOBUCHE [4930m]
We continue up the wide valley beneath the impressive peaks of Cholatse and Tawache on the left. We then turn right and climb more steeply towards the foot of the Khumbu Glacier. The tea house at Duglha is a good spot to have lunch, before zigzagging up through the boulders of the glacier's terminal moraine. At the top of this climb there are many stone cairns, built as memorials to the many Sherpas who have died while climbing Mt Everest. The path then climbs gently along the glacier, to eventually reach the cluster of houses at Lobuche.
TREK TO GORAK SHEP [5184m]
To reach our next objective, Kala Pattar, the trail follows the Khumbu Glacier, and offers superb views of the surrounding mountains, especially where the path is forced to rise to cross a tributary glacier. We stop for lunch at our camping place for the night, Gorak Shep. Later in the afternoon, when the sunset colours begin to appear on Everest, we make our way to the top of one of the finest viewpoints in the Everest region, Kala Pattar [5554m]. As the light begins to fade we stroll back to our camp at Gorak Shep and have an early night in preparation for our trek to Everest Base Camp the following day.
TREK TO EVEREST BASE CAMP [5357m]
To reach Everest Base Camp, a very early start is required, as it takes several hours on a trail which weaves its way through ice pinnacles and past the crevasses of the Khumbu Glacier. On the return leg, we can take a higher route to get a spectacular view of the Khumbu icefall and the route to the South Col. We return to either Gorak Shep or Lobuche to camp for the night.
TREK TO PANGBOCHE [3985m]
Today is downhill most of the way, as we retrace our steps to Duglha and descend to Pheriche. The Himalayan Rescue Association have a trekkers aid post here and it is quite interesting to visit. After lunch we cross the Khumbu Khola on a wooden suspension bridge and follow the Imja Khola to the village of Pangboche.
TREK TO NAMCHE [3450m]
We continue to follow the river and, after crossing it, climb back up through birch and rhododendron forest to Tengboche. Kwangde, Tawache, Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Ama Dablam, Kantega and Thamserku are just a few of the Himalayan giants to be seen. From Tengboche we descend to the bridge over the Dudh Kosi at Phunki Tenga, where there are water driven prayer wheels, before making our way back to Namche.
TREK TO LUKLA [2800m]
Our final day's trekking follows the Dudh Kosi back down to Lukla. This last evening in the mountains is the ideal opportunity for a farewell party with the sherpa guides and porters, where we can sample some chang, try Sherpa dancing and look back on a memorable trekking experience.
FLY TO KATHMANDU
We take an early morning flight back to Kathmandu.
Our The Nepalese support team will take you to the airport for your flight home. (Or stay longer for short tours such as game drive at National parks, rafting, Tibet tours, mountain biking etc).
- Inclusions -
- > Full board teahouse trek. > National Park Fees. > Domestic flight. > Airport transfers. > 3 nights at 3 star hotel in Kathmandu. > 1 night hotel in Pokhara with breakfast on twin sharing. > Sightseeing tour in Kahmandu.
- Exclusions -
- > International flight. > Airport tax. > Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu. > Personal gears & clothing. > Tips, any expenses of personal nature, client's insurance.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Kathmandu
- Mountain Flight - from 170 USD
- Everest Panorama Treks - 18 days from 1050 USD
- Nepal Tour Knowledge Break - 5 days from 950 USD
- Everest Basecamp Treks - 17 days from 1190 USD
- Hi Road to Lhasa - 26 days from 5500 USD
- Mount Kailash & Lake Manasarovar - 16 days from 1900 USD
- Everest Base Camp 18 Day Trekking - 18 days from 1050 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek - 13 days from 599 USD
- Trishuli The High Water River - 2 days from 99 USD
- Everest Classic Trekking - 28 days from 1498 USD
- Gokyo Lake Trekking - 16 days from 998 USD
- Tilicho Lake Trekking - 20 days from 1298 USD
- Shivapuri Trekking Short - 5 days from 315 USD
- Wet, Wild And Wonderfull Nepal - 10 days from 898 USD
- Annapurna Trekking 20 Days - 20 days from 700 USD
- Kathmandu Sight Seeing - 4 days from 200 USD
- Ghorepani Trekking - 11 days from 490 USD
- Ghandruk Trekking Short - 7 days from 315 USD
- Gosaikunda Trekking - 13 days from 532 USD
- Langtang Valley Trekking - 11 days from 465 USD
- Annapurna Circuit 24 Day Trek - 24 days from 1098 USD
- Everest Base Camp 14 Day Tour - 14 days from 900 USD
- Trekking in Nepal Himalaya - 18 days from 125 USD
- Terraced temples & Tharu Jungle Trek - 13 days from 858 GBP
- Easygoing Classic Kathmandu - 3 days from 58 GBP
- Everest Base Camp Trekking - 18 days from 790 GBP
- Go Nepal - 13 days from 842 GBP
- Kings and Gods of the Valley - 4 days from 171 GBP
- Helambu Homestay Trek - 7 days from 379 GBP
- Trekking Across the Edge of the Valley - 4 days from 199 GBP
- Mount Everest Gokyo Trek 15 Days - 15 days from 700 USD
- Nepal Discover Tour - 8 days from 430 USD
- Annapurna Trek and Chitwan Adventure - 16 days from 1000 USD
- Lantang Valley Trek - 15 days from 750 USD
- Everest Base Camp Treks - 17 days from 1000 USD
- Annapurna Circuit - 23 days from 675 GBP
- Another Everest Base Camp - 19 days from 580 GBP
- Trekking in Nepal - 18 days from 720 USD
- Explore Nepal with Top Of The World Mount Everst With Angel... - 8 days from 850 USD
- Classic Nepal Tour - 10 days from 555 USD
- Mt Everest Base Camp Trek - 17 days from 920 USD
- Nepal Experience Tour - 12 days from 910 USD
- Best Of Nepal - 15 days from 635 USD
- Nepal 10 Day Tour - 10 days from 380 USD
- Glimpses of Romantic Nepal 4 Nights 5 Days - 5 days from 700 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Trekking in Nepal - 19 days from 550 USD
- Everest Base Camp trekking in Nepal - 15 days from 650 USD
- Nepal Adventure Tour - 10 days from 350 USD
- 17 Days Annapurna Base Camp - 17 days from 515 USD
- 11 Days Poon Hill trek - 11 days from 320 USD
- Kailash Mansarovar Yatra - 16 days from 72000 INR
- Everest BaseCamp Trek - 18 days from 770 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Trekking - 18 days from 850 USD
- Everest Base Camp Trek - 14 days from 840 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek Nepal - 16 days from 650 USD
- Everest Adventure - 16 days from 800 USD
- Everest Basecamp Trek - 21 days from 1999 USD
- Tibet Intensive Tour - 8 days from 920 USD
- Kathmandu and Lhasa Tour - 7 days from 632 USD
- Spiritual Lhasa - 5 days from 589 USD
- Tibet Short Tour - 4 days from 571 USD
- Best of Tibet - 8 days from 989 USD
- Nepal and Taj Mahal Tour - 12 days from 963 USD
- Majestic Nepal - 11 days from 982 USD
- Nepal Adventure Tour - 11 days from 1194 USD
- 10 Days Nepal and Tibet Tour - 10 days from 1299 USD
- Nepal Intensive Tour - 10 days from 1135 USD
- Nepal and Goa Tour - 10 days from 892 USD
- Nepal Golden Triangle Tour - 9 days from 856 USD
- Best of Nepal Tour - 8 days from 910 USD
- Nepal Tour - 8 days from 743 USD
- Nepal Travel - 7 days from 500 USD
- 7 Days Nepal and Tibet Tour - 7 days from 799 USD
- 6 Days Nepal and Tibet Tour - 6 days from 742 USD
- Nepal Short Tour - 6 days from 579 USD
- Nepal Heritage Tour - 5 days from 495 USD
- Nepal Temple Tour - 4 days from 422 USD
- Tibet Tour - 11 days from 1371 USD
- Kailash Mansarovar Yatra - 18 days from 1656 USD
- Nepal Trekking Tour - 16 days from 1112 USD
- Indian Golden Triangle with Kathmandu - 16 days from 1276 USD
- Encounters Nepal - 8 days from 550 USD
- Nepal Sightseeing Tour - 8 days from 390 USD
- Everest Base Camp Trekking and Tours - 14 days from 650 USD
- Everest Base Camp Trek - 14 days from 600 USD
- Adventure Upper Mustang Lo Manthang Trekking - 17 days from 1750 USD
- Langtang Kyangin GompaTrekking - 17 days from 650 USD
- Cultural Sightseeing tour in Nepal - 10 days from 750 USD
- Adventure Kailash Lhasa Tour - 22 days from 2650 USD
- Volunteer Tour - 15 days from 850 USD
- Sightseeing Adventure in Nepal - 9 days from 440 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Treks - 15 days from 540 USD
- Everest Base Camp Trekking - 17 days from 875 USD
- Everest Trek - 17 days from 60 USD
- Experience of Nepal - 8 days from 440 USD
- First Class Tour of Nepal - 9 days from 1499 USD
- India Nepal Tour Package - 15 days from 749 USD
- Everest Base Camp 2 - 19 days from 950 USD
- Amadablam Expedition - 30 days from 1075 USD
- Langtang Valley Adventure Tour - 9 days from 600 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Hiking & Walking tour - 22 days from 999 USD
- Everest Base Camp And Gokyo Lodge Trek - 20 days from 1020 USD
- Around Annapurna Lodge Trek Nepal - 21 days from 950 USD
- Upper Mustang Trekking - 18 days from 2000 USD
- Everest Base Camp Trek - 15 days from 750 USD
- Everest Base Camp 1 - 21 days from 850 GBP
- Kathmandu Stopover - 4 days from 199 USD
- Everest Base Camp Tour - 14 days from 1095 EUR
Email the tour operator - Everest Base Camp 3
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.