Annapurna Base Camp Trek Nepal
- Walking / Hiking
- Price from:
- 650 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 09/04/2007
Trekking to Annapurna Base Camp combines some of the most spectacular mountain scenery, providing a fascinating insight into the modern hill life of Nepal. This unique trek along local trails.
Arrival in Kathmandu airport (1345meters).
There you will be met by our Airport Representative and transferred to hotel by private tourist vehicle. Overnight at hotel.
Sightseeing around Kathmandu valley.
Your sightseeing trip will start at 9 AM in the morning after your breakfast. We will provide a private vehicle and professional tour guide. Places we visit are Pasupatinath temple, Buddhanath, Monkey temple, Bhaktpur durbar square and Kathmandu durbar square. The afternoon includes a final briefing and preparations for the trek. Overnight at hotel.
Drive to Pokhara (900 meters) 7 hours by tourist bus.
Trekking staff will arrive at your Hotel at 6:30 am in the morning to pick you up then the bus will leave around 7.30 am to Pokhara. Pokhara is a beautiful valley, with panoramic views of Annapurna, Machapuchare (shape of fish tail) in the north, Dhaulagiri in the west, Lamjung Himal and Manaslu in the east. The town of Pokhara is set on the banks of the Phewa Lake. It is smaller and much less hectic than Kathmandu providing the perfect starting point for our trek. Overnight at hotel.
Drive to Nayapul (1010meters) and trek to Tikhedunga (1570meters) 3 hours.
We begin our trek at Nayapul after 1 hour driving by private vehicle from Pokhara. After 15 minutes short walk along the banks of the Modi Khola, we reach Birethanti (1015meters) a large village that has many shops and teahouses. From there, the trail continues through the village. The trail follows the north bank of the Bhurungdi Khola. The trail climbs steadily up the side of the valley to Hille at 1495m and after the short climb, we reach Tikhedhunga at 1570meters. Today's walk offers a short and relatively easy day, during the journey allowing to get use to the experience of trekking in Nepal. Overnight at guesthouse.
Trek to Ghorepani (2840meters) 5 hours.
Leaving Tikhedunga, we begin our journey with a steep climb to Ulleri. Ulleri is a large Magar village at 2070meters. The trail then continues to ascend more gently, through fine forests of oak and rhododendrons towards Banthanti at 2250meters. Then we trek towards Nangethanti at 2460m. After an hour walk we arrive at Ghorepani at 2840meters. Overnight at guesthouse.
Hike up to Poon Hill (3210meters) and trek to Tadapani (2610meters). Today, very early in the morning, we start an hour hiking to Poon Hill at elevation of 3210meters, a brilliant spectacle; this vantage point provides an unobstructed view of sunrise over the high Himalayas. There we spend about 1 hour, then returning to Ghorepani we take a hot breakfast at hotel. Leaving Ghorepani, we make climb along ridges, and through pine and rhododendron forests to Deurali (2960meters). After that we descend to the Banthanti, then turning off to Tadapani. Overnight at guesthouse.
Trek to Chommrong (2140meters.) 5 hours.
The day starts with steep downhill through rhododendron forests. Leaving Tadapani, we descend steeply through forests and then the trail eases as we reach Gurjung which is the village of Gurung people, with an easy walk to Chommrong at elevation of 2140 meters. Overnight at guesthouse.
Trek to Dovan (2500meters) 5.30 hours.
Today the trail drops down to the Chhomrong Khola and again we continue climbing to Khuldighar at 2380meters where there used to be an ACAP (Annapurna Conservation Area) Check post. There is a clearing in the forest a little further on, from which, the route travels very steeply down a rock bank then levels out, running through thickets of bamboo at the bottom of the gorge, keeping always on the west side of the river. Overnight at guesthouse.
Trek to Deurali (3200meters) 4 hours.
A short walking day today because of altitude and risk of snow avalanches in the area that we need to cross in the next morning. Our day begins with the climb through bamboo, then rhododendron forests to Himalayan Hotel and on to Hinko cave. The accommodation will be in Deurali, on the ridge above Hinko is the stretch of trail that is most subject to avalanche. Overnight at guesthouse.
Trek to Annapurna Base Camp (4130meters) 5 hours.
Today the trail climbs on past the Machhapuchhare Base Camp, which isn't really a base camp since climbing the mountain is not permitted. Since it is totally surrounded by mountains, this area is known as the Annapurna Sanctuary. Two hours trek from Machhapuchhare Base Camp takes you to the Annapurna Base Camp (ABC) at elevation of 4130 meters. There, you will view unobstructed views of mountain scenery, which is very spectacular. Overnight at guesthouse.
Trek back to Bamboo (2345meters) 6 hours.
We follow the same trail down today the trail drops down by 1700 meters to the bank of Modi Khola to Bamboo at 2345meters where there are few teahouse/lodges available to stay at. Overnight at guesthouse.
Trek to Jhinu hot spring (1780meters) 5 hours.
We follow the same trail until Chommrong. Once we have passed Khuldighar there is an experimental sheep farm, the trail continues through rhododendron and bamboo fields. From Chomrong the trail descending very steeply to the Jhinu hot spring, where you can bathe in natural hot springs. Overnight at guesthouse.
Trek to Nayapul (1010 meters) and drive to Pokhara.
From Jhinu hot spring we walk at the right side of Modi Khola for 4.30 hours to Birethanti which is consider one of the best and relaxing walk of the entire trek. We reach Nayapul then an hour drive will take us back to Pokhara. Overnight at hotel.
Pokhara City tour.
Your sightseeing trip will start at 9 AM in the morning after breakfast. Places we visit are Fewa Lake, Bagnes Lake, Devi's water fall, Museum, Tibetan refugee settlement and Gupteshower cave. You will have relaxing afternoon. Overnight at hotel.
Drive back to Kathmandu (1345meters).
Overnight at the hotel in Kathmandu. If you are interested in continuing onto Chitwan Jungle Safari, River Rafting Adventure, Kathmandu Shopping Tour or Scenic Everest Flight.
Transfer to international airport for your final departure.
The trip ends, our Airport Representative will drop you to the Kathmandu International Airport for your flight departure from Nepal.
- Inclusions -
- Standard accommodation in two/three star hotel in Pokhara breakfast included. (3 nights)
- Exclusions -
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu and Pokhara .
- Extras -
- NOTE: The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. The trek can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Kathmandu
- Mountain Flight - from 170 USD
- Everest Panorama Treks - 18 days from 1050 USD
- Nepal Tour Knowledge Break - 5 days from 950 USD
- Everest Basecamp Treks - 17 days from 1190 USD
- Hi Road to Lhasa - 26 days from 5500 USD
- Mount Kailash & Lake Manasarovar - 16 days from 1900 USD
- Everest Base Camp 18 Day Trekking - 18 days from 1050 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek - 13 days from 599 USD
- Trishuli The High Water River - 2 days from 99 USD
- Everest Classic Trekking - 28 days from 1498 USD
- Gokyo Lake Trekking - 16 days from 998 USD
- Tilicho Lake Trekking - 20 days from 1298 USD
- Shivapuri Trekking Short - 5 days from 315 USD
- Wet, Wild And Wonderfull Nepal - 10 days from 898 USD
- Annapurna Trekking 20 Days - 20 days from 700 USD
- Kathmandu Sight Seeing - 4 days from 200 USD
- Ghorepani Trekking - 11 days from 490 USD
- Ghandruk Trekking Short - 7 days from 315 USD
- Gosaikunda Trekking - 13 days from 532 USD
- Langtang Valley Trekking - 11 days from 465 USD
- Annapurna Circuit 24 Day Trek - 24 days from 1098 USD
- Everest Base Camp 14 Day Tour - 14 days from 900 USD
- Trekking in Nepal Himalaya - 18 days from 125 USD
- Terraced temples & Tharu Jungle Trek - 13 days from 858 GBP
- Easygoing Classic Kathmandu - 3 days from 58 GBP
- Everest Base Camp Trekking - 18 days from 790 GBP
- Go Nepal - 13 days from 842 GBP
- Kings and Gods of the Valley - 4 days from 171 GBP
- Helambu Homestay Trek - 7 days from 379 GBP
- Trekking Across the Edge of the Valley - 4 days from 199 GBP
- Mount Everest Gokyo Trek 15 Days - 15 days from 700 USD
- Nepal Discover Tour - 8 days from 430 USD
- Annapurna Trek and Chitwan Adventure - 16 days from 1000 USD
- Lantang Valley Trek - 15 days from 750 USD
- Everest Base Camp Treks - 17 days from 1000 USD
- Annapurna Circuit - 23 days from 675 GBP
- Another Everest Base Camp - 19 days from 580 GBP
- Trekking in Nepal - 18 days from 720 USD
- Explore Nepal with Top Of The World Mount Everst With Angel... - 8 days from 850 USD
- Classic Nepal Tour - 10 days from 555 USD
- Mt Everest Base Camp Trek - 17 days from 920 USD
- Nepal Experience Tour - 12 days from 910 USD
- Best Of Nepal - 15 days from 635 USD
- Nepal 10 Day Tour - 10 days from 380 USD
- Glimpses of Romantic Nepal 4 Nights 5 Days - 5 days from 700 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Trekking in Nepal - 19 days from 550 USD
- Everest Base Camp trekking in Nepal - 15 days from 650 USD
- Nepal Adventure Tour - 10 days from 350 USD
- 17 Days Annapurna Base Camp - 17 days from 515 USD
- 11 Days Poon Hill trek - 11 days from 320 USD
- Kailash Mansarovar Yatra - 16 days from 72000 INR
- Everest BaseCamp Trek - 18 days from 770 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Trekking - 18 days from 850 USD
- Everest Base Camp Trek - 14 days from 840 USD
- Everest Adventure - 16 days from 800 USD
- Everest Basecamp Trek - 21 days from 1999 USD
- Tibet Intensive Tour - 8 days from 920 USD
- Kathmandu and Lhasa Tour - 7 days from 632 USD
- Spiritual Lhasa - 5 days from 589 USD
- Tibet Short Tour - 4 days from 571 USD
- Best of Tibet - 8 days from 989 USD
- Nepal and Taj Mahal Tour - 12 days from 963 USD
- Majestic Nepal - 11 days from 982 USD
- Nepal Adventure Tour - 11 days from 1194 USD
- 10 Days Nepal and Tibet Tour - 10 days from 1299 USD
- Nepal Intensive Tour - 10 days from 1135 USD
- Nepal and Goa Tour - 10 days from 892 USD
- Nepal Golden Triangle Tour - 9 days from 856 USD
- Best of Nepal Tour - 8 days from 910 USD
- Nepal Tour - 8 days from 743 USD
- Nepal Travel - 7 days from 500 USD
- 7 Days Nepal and Tibet Tour - 7 days from 799 USD
- 6 Days Nepal and Tibet Tour - 6 days from 742 USD
- Nepal Short Tour - 6 days from 579 USD
- Nepal Heritage Tour - 5 days from 495 USD
- Nepal Temple Tour - 4 days from 422 USD
- Tibet Tour - 11 days from 1371 USD
- Kailash Mansarovar Yatra - 18 days from 1656 USD
- Nepal Trekking Tour - 16 days from 1112 USD
- Indian Golden Triangle with Kathmandu - 16 days from 1276 USD
- Encounters Nepal - 8 days from 550 USD
- Nepal Sightseeing Tour - 8 days from 390 USD
- Everest Base Camp Trekking and Tours - 14 days from 650 USD
- Everest Base Camp Trek - 14 days from 600 USD
- Adventure Upper Mustang Lo Manthang Trekking - 17 days from 1750 USD
- Langtang Kyangin GompaTrekking - 17 days from 650 USD
- Cultural Sightseeing tour in Nepal - 10 days from 750 USD
- Adventure Kailash Lhasa Tour - 22 days from 2650 USD
- Volunteer Tour - 15 days from 850 USD
- Sightseeing Adventure in Nepal - 9 days from 440 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Treks - 15 days from 540 USD
- Everest Base Camp Trekking - 17 days from 875 USD
- Everest Trek - 17 days from 60 USD
- Experience of Nepal - 8 days from 440 USD
- First Class Tour of Nepal - 9 days from 1499 USD
- Everest Base Camp 3 - 16 days from 960 USD
- India Nepal Tour Package - 15 days from 749 USD
- Everest Base Camp 2 - 19 days from 950 USD
- Amadablam Expedition - 30 days from 1075 USD
- Langtang Valley Adventure Tour - 9 days from 600 USD
- Annapurna Base Camp Hiking & Walking tour - 22 days from 999 USD
- Everest Base Camp And Gokyo Lodge Trek - 20 days from 1020 USD
- Around Annapurna Lodge Trek Nepal - 21 days from 950 USD
- Upper Mustang Trekking - 18 days from 2000 USD
- Everest Base Camp Trek - 15 days from 750 USD
- Everest Base Camp 1 - 21 days from 850 GBP
- Kathmandu Stopover - 4 days from 199 USD
- Everest Base Camp Tour - 14 days from 1095 EUR
Email the tour operator - Annapurna Base Camp Trek Nepal
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.