Sandakan Wildlife Bonanza
- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 1480 MYR /person
- +603-2026 8668
- +603-2070 9668
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 3 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 07.00 am
- We Speak:
- English, Malay
Last updated: 03/24/2009
Turtles, orang utans, elephants and proboscis monkeys. Explore all that Sabah has to offer.
7.55 am Pick-up from hotel or airport and transfer to the Sandakan seafront where a speed boat will take you to Selingan island. Boat journey is approximately one hour. Check into simple accommodation facility and relax by the beach or take up snorkel at the nearby reefs.
pm After dinner, Park Ranger will signal the appropriate time to view huge Green turtles coming ashore to lay eggs. Observe the eggs being transferred to hatchery. Offer help to release baby turtles and be overwhelmed by the emotion of seeing the turtles rushing to the sea by some natural instinct. Since the introduction of a conservative program in Selingan island in 1967, a large number of turtles are now returning to lay their eggs and the chance to see the sea creature is almost certain every night.
pm Overnight in resort.
am Breakfast in Hotel. Check out from resort.
0700 0700Hrs depart Selingan Island for Sandakan. After breakfast, proceed to Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Center. Upon arrival, proceed to the feeding platform and observe at close range orphaned Orang Utan being rehabilitated under a successful conservation program. Be amazed by the gentleness and intelligence of this man-like primate. Visit the Nature Education Centre to learn more about the Orang Utan and its environment.
pm After lunch, overland transfer to Sukau and check in at river lodge.At 4:30 p.m., take a 2 hours riverboat ride to view Proboscis monkeys found gathering at the riverbanks as a daily routine. Return to lodge for dinner. Overnight in Hotel.
am Wake up early in the misty wild Borneo jungle. After breakfast, proceed to Gomantong Cave. Explore the largest bird's nest cave in Sabah. Continue journey to Sandakan for a city tour.
pm At Noon, transfer back to Sandakan Airport / City / Hotel
- Inclusions -
- Tour & Transfer as per itinerary
- Exclusions -
- Camera / Video Camera Fees
- Extras -
Please bring along comfortable shoes, long pants and long sleeve shirts, Raincoat, Hat, Swim wear, Torchlight, Water bottle, Insect repellant, Binoculars and Camera (Optional)
Activities are subject to weather condition, and may be re-organised to best meet operational situation
Surcharge will apply on Non-Scheduled Transfer
Due to Limited Units in Selingan Island ( up to 60 persons per night ), the above package requires an advance booking of at least 4-5 months
Peak Season Surcharge at RM 100 Per Person / Package travelling from 01/06/09 â€' 30/09/09
Please observe rules and guidelines of the Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre regarding handling of Orang Utan
The package above requires a minimum of 2 passengers
BKI-SDK 0700 / 0755
SDK-BKI 1725 / 1820
Â· Please take note that Sabah Parks allow only camera of unaided flash to take photograph of the turtle
Â· Video/Digital Video Cameras are not allowed in Selingan Island
Â· Sabah Parks also forbid visitor from going around the Selingan Island on their own from 6:00pm â€' 6:00am.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Sandakan
- Sandakan Sepilok Orang Utan and Safari River Cruise - from 565 MYR
Email the tour operator - Sandakan Wildlife Bonanza
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.