Borneo Wildlife Tour
- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 550 GBP /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 7 days
- Location Start:
- Kota Kinabalue (Flexible, can be tailored)
- Location Finish:
- Kota Kinabalu (Flexible)
- We Speak:
Last updated: 06/18/2007
Tailored widllife tour - Discover the highlights of Borneo; Kinabalu national park, Gomantong caves, Kinabatangan river, Turtle islands, and the Orang-Utans of Sepilok... visit t7adventure.travel
Depart Kota Kinabalu and travel 2 hours along the ridges of the Crocker Range to Kinabalu Park.
Enjoy superb mountain views as you travel to the Park at 1524m. Explore one of the many trails that lead through tropical Montane Oak and Chestnut Forest. Kinabalu is a botanist's paradise with over a thousand species of orchids, numerous different rhododendrons and pitcher plants.
The bird life is equally fascinating with most species being montane, including a number of endemics. Stay overnight at Wildlife Mountain Lodge. (Lunch / Dinner Included)
Proceed by road for an hour to Poring Hot Springs at the Southern end of Kinabalu Park.
Lowland dipterocarp forest makes up most of the vegetation at Poring and it is an excellent place to view lowland birds and some mammals.
A short trek into the forest to the Canopy Walkway for a bird's eye view of the tropical rainforest.
The Canopy Walkway is suspended between trees at the height of 40m and offers an excellent opportunity to observe wildlife in the canopy.
Return to an overnight at Wildlife Mountain Lodge. (Full board)
Drive overland easterly to the district of Sandakan. The drive will take 4 hours passing through scenic countrysides. Visit the Gomantong Caves where the bizarre edible bird's nest are harvested as they been for hundreds of years. The caves are also home to more than a million bats.
The birdlife around the cave is particularly rich, with crested serpent eagles, kingfishers, asian fairy bluebirds and leaf birds often sighted.
Continue the journey to the village of Sukau at the Kinabatangan River where the greatest concentration of wildlife in Malaysia and possibly all of Borneo, can be found.
Stay overnight at the riverside traditional style Sukau River Lodge. (Full board)
Boat trips for the day at the river to view numerous species of wildlife such as Orang-Utans, macaques, red and silver leaf monkeys, elephants, hornbills, crocodiles, civet cats, otters and the most famous creature: the proboscis monkeys. Found only in Borneo, the male of this species has a large pendulous nose, fat belly, thick white tail and webbed feet.
The bird life includes egret, kingfisher, oriental darter, bee-eater, hornbill and many more. Stay overnight at Sukau River Lodge. (Full board)
Drive 2½ hours to the district of Sandakan before taking an hour boat ride to Libaran Island.
Enjoy the tropical shoreline vegetation with numerous species of wildlife.
A boat trip to the mangrove in the afternoon will be rewarded with sighting of squirrels, monkeys, bearded pigs, pangolins, sea eagles, hornbills, green herons, sandpipers, pigeons, bulbuls, babblers, flycatchers, swiftlets and sunbirds. Megapode, a chicken-like bird which lays its eggs in a mound of sand at the edge of the beach may be sighted on a small island just off Libaran Island.
Stay overnight at the sea-facing Libaran Island Lodge. (Full board)
Boat ride to the nearby Selingan Island where the most important turtle breeding Marine Park is found in all of South East Asia.
It is a rare experience to watch the huge green turtles lumber ashore every night, dig a hole with their flippers and lay around 100 eggs. The rangers will transfer these eggs to a hatchery for incubation for 50-60 days before hatchlings breakout of their shells and scramble up through the sand and make their way to the sea. Only 3% are likely to survive due to disease and depredation.
If females do survive, they will return in 20 years or so to the very beach where they themselves were hatched to repeat the cycle.
Stay overnight at Selingan Island Chalet. (Full board)
Boat transfer back to Sandakan mainland and take a short drive to the famous Sepilok Orang-Utan Rehabilitation Centre.
Founded in 1964 the Centre helps once captive orang-utans learn to climb and fend for themselves in the wild with the hope that one day they may return to the forest. The semi-wild orang-utans may return to the platform provided by the Centre for milk and bananas twice a day during the process of returning to the forest.
Visitors will get a close up view of these orang utans and have the chance to photograph them at close range.
Transfer to Sandakan hotel or airport for an afternoon flight to Kota Kinabalu for onward flight home. (Breakfast / Lunch Included)
- Inclusions -
- Park permits
- Exclusions -
- International flights (can be arranged)
- Extras -
- We tailor make all of our adventure holidays to meet each client's exact requirements. This tour is flexible to add / remove any aspects, start or finish in various places...
We can provide an inclusive package with flights from the UK and stop-over stays or extensions e.g. for Singapore, Oman, Brunei, or elsewhere in Malaysia...
Please contact us for more information
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Kota Kinabalu
- Day Tours Borneo Kelly Bays - from 210 MYR
- Borneo Cultural Village - from 150 MYR
- Half Day City Tour - from 120 MYR
- Shooting Experience Grips & Triggers - from 120 MYR
- White Water Rafting - from 170 MYR
- S47 Head Hunter - from 225 MYR
- Mari Mari Cultural Village - from 185 MYR
- 4 Day 3 Night Seft Drive in Kota Kinabalu with Free Map - from 505 MYR
- Try Dive Have a go at Scuba Diving - from 295 MYR
- Diving Day Trip to Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park TARP - from 310 MYR
- Scuba Divng Day Trip Pulau Tiga - from 425 MYR
- Wreck Diving Day Trip Usukan WW2 Wrecks - from 425 MYR
- PADI Discover Scuba Diving - from 285 MYR
- Day Tour River Cruise in Search of Unique Proboscis Monkey &... - from 180 MYR
- Zoological & Botanical Park - from 90 MYR
- Sea Kayaking - from 350 MYR
- Day Tour Monsopiad Cultural Village & City Tour - from 160 MYR
- Kota Kinabalu Zoo - from 100 MYR
- White Water Rafting Padas River - from 195 MYR
- 2 Island Cruise - from 165 MYR
- Kinabalu Park Poring Hotspring - from 165 MYR
- Tambunan Rafflesia Centre Day Tour - from 250 MYR
- Rivercruise & Proboscis Monkeys & Glittering Fireflies - from 160 MYR
- White Water Refting Padas River - from 155 MYR
- Daily Shuttle to Kinabalu Park & Poring Hot Springs - from 40 MYR
- Kinabalu National Park & Poring Hot Springs - from 150 MYR
- Klias Wildlife Tour - from 160 MYR
- Adventure Through The Rapids - from 150 MYR
- Kiulu River White Water Rafting - from 110 MYR
- PADI Discover Scuba Diving Kota Kinabalu Islands - from 300 MYR
- PADI Leisure Scuba Diving - from 270 MYR
- Kota Kinabalu at Jesselton City Tour - from 50 MYR
- Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park - from 65 MYR
- Wildlife River Cruise Adventures - from 125 MYR
- Kota Kinabalu Orang Utan - from 125 MYR
- Padas River White Water Rafting - from 170 MYR
- Kinabalu National Park and Poring Hot Spring Day Trip - from 100 MYR
- Tip Of Borneo and Rungus Longhouse - from 250 MYR
- A Borneo Dusun Touch - from 230 MYR
- Adventure Borneo Jungle Spa - from 345 MYR
- Spa & Dine - from 250 MYR
- Wild River Nature Eco Tours - from 190 MYR
- Water Adventure Short Excursion - from 60 USD
- Experience the Rungus Tribe Long House - from 90 USD
- Pleasure Scuba - from 110 USD
- Borneo Short Excursion - from 80 USD
- Padas River Rafting Adventurous Tour - from 160 MYR
- Kiulu River Rafting Soft Adventure - from 150 MYR
- Kota Kinabalu City Tour - from 120 MYR
- Mount Kinabalu & Poring Hot Spring Excursion Tour - from 160 MYR
- Under the Sun excursion at Manukan Island - from 120 MYR
- Mountain Climbing Via Ferrata Mt Kinabalu - 2 days from 1100 MYR
- Experience 3D2N Climb Via Ferrata - 3 days from 1750 MYR
- 2D1N Introduction Of Maliau Basin - 2 days from 1980 MYR
- 3 Days 2 Nights Kinabalu Free & Easy Package - 3 days from 109 MYR
- 4 Days 3 Nights Kinabalu Escape Package - 4 days from 469 MYR
- Hiking to Mount Kinabalu - 4 days from 999 MYR
- Mount Kinabalu 3D 2N - 3 days from 950 MYR
- Mount Torq Via Ferrata Climb Package - 3 days from 1480 MYR
- 2 Day 1 Night Mount Kinabalu Climbing - 2 days from 850 MYR
- Learn to Dive in KK - 3 days from 1300 MYR
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course AOW - 2 days from 950 MYR
- PADI Open Water Diver Course - 3 days from 1300 MYR
- Honeymoon Package 3 Days 2 Nights with Sunset Cruise at Kota... - 3 days from 1490 MYR
- Honeymoon Package With Cruise At Kota Kinabalu Borneo Paradise - 3 days from 1490 MYR
- Sabah Kota Kinabalu Honeymoon Package Promenade Hotel Kota... - 3 days from 750 MYR
- 3D 2N Mount Kinabalu Mesilau Nature and Laban Rata - 3 days from 850 MYR
- 3D & 2N Mount Kinabalu Climbing - 3 days from 1200 MYR
- 2D 1N Turtle Island Park and Orang Utan Tour - 2 days from 850 MYR
- 3 Day 2 Night Kota Kinabalu - 3 days from 581 MYR
- 4 Day 3 Night KK Leisure - 4 days from 790 MYR
- 4D 3N Kinabalu Park & Poring Hot Springs Island Excursion - 4 days from 900 MYR
- PADI Open Water Course - 3 days from 800 MYR
- 2 Days 1 Night Ranau Explorer - 2 days from 450 MYR
- Kayaking 2D 1N Kota Kinabalu - 2 days from 650 MYR
- 2D 1N Survivor Island Experience - 2 days from 390 MYR
- Mt Kinabalu Conquest - 3 days from 450 MYR
- MV Celebes Explorer Liveaboard - 3 days from 770 USD
- Sipadan Island Dive Sabah - 4 days from 460 MYR
- Orang Utan Sepilok Sanctuary Sandakan - 2 days from 360 MYR
- Mount Kinabalu 2D 1N - 2 days from 490 MYR
- 7 days Nature Tour - 7 days from 1160 USD
- Wildlife of Borneo - 7 days from 3800 MYR
- Mount Kinabalu Summit & Poring Hot Spring - 3 days from 1050 MYR
Email the tour operator - Borneo Wildlife Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.