2D1N Introduction Of Maliau Basin
- Price from:
- 1980 MYR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 2 days
- Location Start:
- Kota Kinabalu
- Location Finish:
- Kota Kinabalu
- Start time:
- 06.00 am
- End time:
- 06.30 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 09/30/2009
Discover yourself of the Maliau Basin in Sabah. Which is rich of Rainforest and eco tourism that you will never see esle way. This promised adventure tour will let you experience in it wonderful way.
| Day 01 | Kota Kinabalu : Keningau : Maliau Basin Studies Centre
0600am : Pick up from city hotel and proceed for about 2 hours drive to Keningau Town through scenic mountainous countryside.
0800am : Breakfast at a local restaurant in Keningau Town and collect packed lunch. Do some last minute shopping and continue the journey to Maliau Basin, Sabah's Lost World. Part of the road are still gravel, so be prepared for the bumpy ride. Have lunch along the way.0100pm : 0200pm : Arrive at Shell Maliau Basin Reception and Information Building. Clean-up and rest for a while. Visit the Information Gallery for an overall view and understanding of the Maliau Basin, Sabah's Lost World.0200pm : Proceed to Maliau Basin Studies Centre (MBSC) for registration and check-in to Resthouse. Activity : Maliau Sky Bridge Canopy Walk (spanning eight trees and seven sky bridges, it is 400m-long and suspended 22m above ground) and Trek the Educational / Discovery Nature Trail.
0600pm : Leisure Time
0730pm : Dinner at MBSC
0800pm : Video Show (Introduction of Maliau Basin)
0830pm : Night Walk or Night Drive in Search of Wildlife (If weather permit)
0900pm : Rest and overnight at MBSC's Resthouse Accommodation.
1200am : Lights out.
| Day 02 | Agathis Camp : Kota Kinabalu
0530am : Wake up early and proceed to the 4-storey Maliau Rim Observation Tower, which offers spectacular morning views and bird watching activities. Experience the beautiful sunrise over the tropical rainforest. Get ready with your camera!
0700am : Back to the Maliau Basin Studies Centre for breakfast.
0800am : Pack up and proceed to Agathis Camp. Set on the banks of a 15km wide in hill mixed dipterocarp forest, Agathis Camp is located at the southernmost edge of Maliau Basin Conservation Area, about 20km to the north of the Security Gate, and is the main starting off point to trails to Nepenthes Camp (also known as Camel Trophy Camp) and Ginseng Camp.
0900am : Arrive at Agathis Camp. Activity : A self-guided nature trail / jungle walk at the camp provides visitors with a fascinating introduction to the forest and its wildlife.
The loop trail is just over one km long and takes about an hour to do if walking at an easy pace, meandering through gentle terrain and crossing some beautiful rivers and stream. Numbered posts along the trail highlight special features including medicinal plants, riverine ferns, wild fruit trees and the majestic Agathis trees.
1200pm : After lunch at Agathis Camp, depart for Kota Kinabalu.
0500pm : 0600pm : Reach Kota Kinabalu.
- Inclusions -
- Return Transfer by 4WD.
- Exclusions -
- Air fare.
- Extras -
- * All tours are subject to weather conditions.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Kota Kinabalu
- Day Tours Borneo Kelly Bays - from 210 MYR
- Borneo Cultural Village - from 150 MYR
- Half Day City Tour - from 120 MYR
- Shooting Experience Grips & Triggers - from 120 MYR
- White Water Rafting - from 170 MYR
- S47 Head Hunter - from 225 MYR
- Mari Mari Cultural Village - from 185 MYR
- 4 Day 3 Night Seft Drive in Kota Kinabalu with Free Map - from 505 MYR
- Try Dive Have a go at Scuba Diving - from 295 MYR
- Diving Day Trip to Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park TARP - from 310 MYR
- Scuba Divng Day Trip Pulau Tiga - from 425 MYR
- Wreck Diving Day Trip Usukan WW2 Wrecks - from 425 MYR
- PADI Discover Scuba Diving - from 285 MYR
- Day Tour River Cruise in Search of Unique Proboscis Monkey &... - from 180 MYR
- Zoological & Botanical Park - from 90 MYR
- Sea Kayaking - from 350 MYR
- Day Tour Monsopiad Cultural Village & City Tour - from 160 MYR
- Kota Kinabalu Zoo - from 100 MYR
- White Water Rafting Padas River - from 195 MYR
- 2 Island Cruise - from 165 MYR
- Kinabalu Park Poring Hotspring - from 165 MYR
- Tambunan Rafflesia Centre Day Tour - from 250 MYR
- Rivercruise & Proboscis Monkeys & Glittering Fireflies - from 160 MYR
- White Water Refting Padas River - from 155 MYR
- Daily Shuttle to Kinabalu Park & Poring Hot Springs - from 40 MYR
- Kinabalu National Park & Poring Hot Springs - from 150 MYR
- Klias Wildlife Tour - from 160 MYR
- Adventure Through The Rapids - from 150 MYR
- Kiulu River White Water Rafting - from 110 MYR
- PADI Discover Scuba Diving Kota Kinabalu Islands - from 300 MYR
- PADI Leisure Scuba Diving - from 270 MYR
- Kota Kinabalu at Jesselton City Tour - from 50 MYR
- Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park - from 65 MYR
- Wildlife River Cruise Adventures - from 125 MYR
- Kota Kinabalu Orang Utan - from 125 MYR
- Padas River White Water Rafting - from 170 MYR
- Kinabalu National Park and Poring Hot Spring Day Trip - from 100 MYR
- Tip Of Borneo and Rungus Longhouse - from 250 MYR
- A Borneo Dusun Touch - from 230 MYR
- Adventure Borneo Jungle Spa - from 345 MYR
- Spa & Dine - from 250 MYR
- Wild River Nature Eco Tours - from 190 MYR
- Water Adventure Short Excursion - from 60 USD
- Experience the Rungus Tribe Long House - from 90 USD
- Pleasure Scuba - from 110 USD
- Borneo Short Excursion - from 80 USD
- Padas River Rafting Adventurous Tour - from 160 MYR
- Kiulu River Rafting Soft Adventure - from 150 MYR
- Kota Kinabalu City Tour - from 120 MYR
- Mount Kinabalu & Poring Hot Spring Excursion Tour - from 160 MYR
- Under the Sun excursion at Manukan Island - from 120 MYR
- Mountain Climbing Via Ferrata Mt Kinabalu - 2 days from 1100 MYR
- Experience 3D2N Climb Via Ferrata - 3 days from 1750 MYR
- 3 Days 2 Nights Kinabalu Free & Easy Package - 3 days from 109 MYR
- 4 Days 3 Nights Kinabalu Escape Package - 4 days from 469 MYR
- Hiking to Mount Kinabalu - 4 days from 999 MYR
- Mount Kinabalu 3D 2N - 3 days from 950 MYR
- Mount Torq Via Ferrata Climb Package - 3 days from 1480 MYR
- 2 Day 1 Night Mount Kinabalu Climbing - 2 days from 850 MYR
- Learn to Dive in KK - 3 days from 1300 MYR
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course AOW - 2 days from 950 MYR
- PADI Open Water Diver Course - 3 days from 1300 MYR
- Honeymoon Package 3 Days 2 Nights with Sunset Cruise at Kota... - 3 days from 1490 MYR
- Honeymoon Package With Cruise At Kota Kinabalu Borneo Paradise - 3 days from 1490 MYR
- Sabah Kota Kinabalu Honeymoon Package Promenade Hotel Kota... - 3 days from 750 MYR
- 3D 2N Mount Kinabalu Mesilau Nature and Laban Rata - 3 days from 850 MYR
- 3D & 2N Mount Kinabalu Climbing - 3 days from 1200 MYR
- 2D 1N Turtle Island Park and Orang Utan Tour - 2 days from 850 MYR
- 3 Day 2 Night Kota Kinabalu - 3 days from 581 MYR
- 4 Day 3 Night KK Leisure - 4 days from 790 MYR
- 4D 3N Kinabalu Park & Poring Hot Springs Island Excursion - 4 days from 900 MYR
- PADI Open Water Course - 3 days from 800 MYR
- 2 Days 1 Night Ranau Explorer - 2 days from 450 MYR
- Kayaking 2D 1N Kota Kinabalu - 2 days from 650 MYR
- Borneo Wildlife Tour - 7 days from 550 GBP
- 2D 1N Survivor Island Experience - 2 days from 390 MYR
- Mt Kinabalu Conquest - 3 days from 450 MYR
- MV Celebes Explorer Liveaboard - 3 days from 770 USD
- Sipadan Island Dive Sabah - 4 days from 460 MYR
- Orang Utan Sepilok Sanctuary Sandakan - 2 days from 360 MYR
- Mount Kinabalu 2D 1N - 2 days from 490 MYR
- 7 days Nature Tour - 7 days from 1160 USD
- Wildlife of Borneo - 7 days from 3800 MYR
- Mount Kinabalu Summit & Poring Hot Spring - 3 days from 1050 MYR
Email the tour operator - 2D1N Introduction Of Maliau Basin
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.