Borneo Discovery I
- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 933 USD /person
- +62 431 3157154
- +62 431 356980
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 05/28/2007
Borneo has always had a special place in the imagination of western people. It is a land to adventure, covering an area about 747.000 sq km, and one of the largest tropical rainforest in the world.
ARRIVAL IN BALIKPAPAN (D)
Meet at airport and transfer to Loa Janan for two hours drive approximately, then start to cruise the mighty Mahakam River. Overnight on houseboat
MUARA MUNTAI-TANJUNG ISUY-MANCONG (B,L,D)
Arrive at Muara Muntai, then you sightseeing trip through villages to see daily activity of Dayak people. By motorized boat, cruising Jempang lake to Tanjung isuy and visit longhouse with traditional dance performance of Dayak Benuaq. Drive to Mancong by car or motorcycle to visit grand long house called Lamin Mancong. Next, return to boat to cruise upward through Ohong River where a lot of proboscis monkeys hang on trees at riverside. Overnight on houseboat.
Arrive at Tenggarong, and proceed to Mulawarman Museum to watch the inheritance of Kutai Kartanegara kingdom, the oldest Hindu kingdom in Indonesia. Next, cruise downward to Loa Janan, then continue trip to Balikpapan. Overnight at Hotel.
Transfer to airport for flight to Banjarmasin. Arrive at Banjarmasin. Free program. Overnight at hotel
FLOATING MARKET-TRADITIONAL DIAMOND MINING-LOKSADO (B,L,D)
Early in the morning leave to floating market to see people trading boat to boat. Next, proceed to Cempaka village to see traditional diamond mining. Afterwards, leaving to Loksado. Overnight on lodge.
HARATAI WATERFALL-BAMBOO RAFTING-BANJARMASIN (B,L,D)
Proceed to Malaris to see long house, and then ride to Haratai waterfall by motorcycle crossing secondary forest, isolated village and farm. Afterwards, joining the bamboo rafting, then drive to Banjarmasin.
BANJARMASIN-PANGKALANBUN-THE NATIONAL PARK (B,L,D)
Transfer Pangkalan Bun and Kumai, then continue cruise the Sekonyer river to Tanjung Puting National Park. The boat is a traditional Klotok wooden river boat about 6m by 2m with a roof which forms the upper deck where you can view the rain forest as it glides by. The guide's team includes the boatman, a cook and expert guide. In the peaceful afternoon we will slowly explore the quite river by the klotok while observe the monkeys along the riverside. Overnight and dining on the boat, with facilities; thin mattress, pillow, fine meals, bottled "mineral" water, mosquito net, kitchen, simple toilet available on boat besides the familiar - helpful guides and boatmen
PONDOK TANGGUY-CAMP LEAKEY-TANJUNG HARAPAN (B,L,D)
After breakfast board the klotok to travel up river for about 2 hours boating and then up a side creek to Camp Leakey where the older orangutans are reintroduced into the rain forest. En route stop at Pondok Tanguy, the rehabilitation center for the new ex-captive orangutans. At Camp Leakey you will have opportunity to trek into the rain forest with your expert guide and the forestry rangers to appreciate the flora as well as perhaps sighting wild orangutans, gibbons, macaques, and birds. Lunch provided on boat. Afternoon visit the feeding station to see rehabilitate orangutans are given additional foods. We will then sail back down the river to overnight on the boat.
Transfer to airport for the next destination.
- Extras -
AC land transportation
Houseboat (AC no cabin) in cruising
Mahakam river and Tanjung Putting National Park
Accommodation based on twin share:
02 nights in houseboat(mahakam river)
01 Night at SUP room of La Grandeur hotel Balikpapan
02 Night at SUP Swissbell hotel Banjarmasin
Nights in houseboat (sekonyer river)
01 Night at Amandit/Tanuhi Lodge
Meals as stated on programs.
Entrance fee and refreshments
English Speaking Guide.
Personal expenses such as room service, mini bar, laundry, telephone bill,
Flight tickets and airport taxes, etc.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Balikpapan
- Balikpapan 1 Days Sightseeing Tours - from 99 USD
- Myghty Mahakam River - 5 days from 250 EUR
- Indigenous Orangutan Adventure - 4 days from 170 EUR
- Across Borneo East To West Kalimantan - 17 days from 3000 USD
- 4 Days & 3 Nights Safe the Orangutan and Rainforest Tours... - 4 days from 325 USD
- Historycal Sightseeing Tours Kalimantan - 2 days from 185 USD
- 5 Days 4 Nights Mahakam River Safari & Hudoq Dance Cultural... - 5 days from 590 USD
- 3 Days & 2 Nights Orangutan Wildlife Tours - 3 days from 288 USD
- Balikpapan 3 Days & 2 Nights Orangutan Wildlife Tours - 3 days from 420 USD
Email the tour operator - Borneo Discovery I
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.