Udaipur Chittorgarh Tour
- Price from:
- 9999 INR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 09/24/2007
This tour provides the right combination, taking you through the massive fort of Chittorgarh steeped in history & the impressive city of gardens, lakes, palaces,forts, museums & art centers - Udaipur.
Day 01 : Arrival Udaipur : Transfer from the airport / railway station to your downtown resort. Check -in amidst traditional arti,garlanding & tika ceremony.Udaipur, the capital of the erstwhile Rajput kingdom of Mewar stands out in stark contrast to other Rajasthani cities mainly because it is set on the banks of freshwater lakes, the Pichola, Fatehsagar, Doodh Talai and Swaroopsagar.
Post breakfst commence your guided city tour with The City Palace, on the banks of the Lake Pichola. The magnificent and awe inspiring citadel is, in fact, a complex of several buildings that were added at different times by different rulers spanning nearly three hundred years. A ticketed 'Mewar Light & Sound Show' is hosted every evening within the Palace premises. They harmonise beautifully with each other and maintain an overall homogeneity of design. There are terraces, courtyards, pavilions, corridors, rooms and hanging gardens, with lavish Mughal-inspired decorative art on their walls, floors and ceilings. The main part of the Palace is now a museum. You should see the Mor Chowk for the gorgeous peacock mosaics, Chini Chitrashala for the striking blue and white ceramics and Dutch inlaid tile work, Manak Mahal for glass and porcelain figures and Krishna Vilas for miniature painting. The Jagdish Temple, built in 1651 by Maharana Jagat Singh, is located within easy walking distance from the Palace gate. It is an impressive, beautifully proportioned structure, covered with carved friezes and heavily decorated inside.
Post lunch visit The Sahelion Ki Bari, (Garden of the Maids of Honour), a small ornamental garden with fountains, once the site for royal picnics, or the impressive Gulab Bagh (Rose garden).
Evening at lesiure to explore the colourful bazaars for souvenir shopping.There are lots and lots of little shops in Udaipur where you can buy all sorts of things : colourful clothes, tie-dye fabrics, folk toys, silver jewellery and wall hangings. The most popular local crafts that you could take home are miniature paintings and pretty images of gods and goddesses.
Dinner & Overnight at Udaipur.
Day 02 : Udaipur : Post breakfast visit the Fateh Sagar Lake. A memorial to Maharana Pratap (Pratap Smarak) is located on top of Moti Magri (Pearl Hill), which overlooks the Fateh Sagar Lake. And from the bottom of Moti Magri you can take a boat ride to Nehru Park, a pleasant spot on an island in the lake where you can relax and enjoy the splendid view.
Also visit the Bharatiya Lok Kala Museum which houses a very interesting collection of Rajasthani folk art : costumes, paintings, folk deities, musical instruments, masks, dolls and weapons. The puppet collection is particularly fascinating.Later visit the Shilpgram or the artisan's village.
Post lunch is at leisure. Evening enjoy a boat cruise on The Lake Pichola.Lake Pichola is the largest and the most beautiful of Udaipur's lakes - it is overlooked by hills while palaces, mansions, bathing ghats, gardens and temples dot its banks. Jag Mahal and Jag Niwas are the two island palaces that add to the lake's romantic ambience.
Dinner & overnight at Udaipur.
Day 03 : Full day excursion to Chittorgarh Fort: Post breakfast depart for Chittorgarh.The major attractions are theforts & its towers & temples like Kalikamata Temple,Vijay Stambh - the victory tower, Kirtistambh - the tower of pride, and the Padmini Mahal.Chittorgarh Fort has a historical importance & is known as the pride of Rajputs. The huge fort is located on the top of a 180m high Hill, it covers an area of 240 hectares. There are seven different gates between the road.Vijay Stambh,the nine storied tower ,known as Vijay Stambh or Victory Tower has a wonderful view of the city. It was built in 1440 by Maharana Kumbha when hed defeated Mohamed Khilji.Kirti Stambh,the tower of fame is 22 m high & has 7 stories, it was built in 12th century by a very rich Jain businessman.The other interesting places are Padmini Palace, where Ala-ud-din saw the reflection of the beautiful queen Padmini.Kalika Mata Temple,built in 8th century for Sun, and now since 14th century it is dedicated to Kalika Mata.Meerabai Temple where the famous Meera Bai worshiped Lord Krishana.
Return to Udaipur post lunch.Dinner & overnight at Udaipur.
Day 04 : Departure post breakfast
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation with breakfast & all taxes & all excursions as described in the itinerary by a private car
- Exclusions -
- Any other items not listed above
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Udaipur
- Udaipur Sightseeing Udaipur Sight Seeing - from 900 INR
- Udaipur Sightseeing by Car - from 800 INR
- Udaipur to Ahmedabad Transfer - from 2250 INR
- Rajasthan Culture Tour - 2 days from 7500 INR
- Holiday Tour Packages Udaipur - 2 days from 4444 INR
- Mewar Trail Horseback Safari - 10 days from 1350 EUR
- Aravalli Nature and Wildlife Safari - 8 days from 1050 EUR
- Pushkar Fair Safari - 10 days from 1400 EUR
- Udaipur Mount Abu Tour - 5 days from 9999 INR
- Uadipur Eklingji Nathdwara Tour - 4 days from 9999 INR
- Udaipur Kumbalgarh Ranakpur Tour - 5 days from 12222 INR
- Imperial Rajasthan - 7 days from 583 USD
- Mountain Tour of Rajasthan - 6 days from 501 USD
- Udaipur Package Tour - 4 days from 9000 INR
- Udaipur City Package Tour - 5 days from 12000 INR
- Palace Tours of Rajasthan - 11 days from 25000 INR
- RTT Royal Triangle Tour - 7 days from 649 USD
- RTT Royal Triangle Tour 6 Nights & 7 Days - 7 days from 649 USD
- RTT Pink City Tour 6 Nights & 7 Days - 7 days from 649 USD
- Jewels of Rajasthan Tour - 10 days from 499 USD
- Honeymoon Tour Package of Udaipur City of Lakes - 4 days from 9999 INR
Email the tour operator - Udaipur Chittorgarh Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.