Pushkar Fair Safari
- Price from:
- 1400 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 10 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- German, Spanish, French, English, Hindi
Last updated: 11/23/2007
Discover India's most colorful and vibrant fair on the back of a noble Mrwari horse.
Travel from Udaipur to Pushkar in style along ancient normadic routes and traverse the dry centre of Rajasthan.
Arrival in Udaipur
Transfer to a middle class hotel, sightseeing of Udaipur in the afternoon. Visit the City Palace of Udaipur and do a boat ride on Lake Pichola in order to enjoy Udaipur's waterfront and have a closer look on Lake Palace.
Transfer to Banaria
The starting point of the safari and test riding of the horses in the afternoon. Overnight stay in our safari camp.
The first day ride goes through the lower hills of the Aravalli Mountains with lush vegetation, countless birds and fertile cultivation area. The terrain is rocky and some climbing has to be done. Arrival in the camp around late afternoon.
Another day riding through the hills. The landscape becomes somewhat drier and the underground rocky. After lunch the riders can visit some tribal villages on the way and their characteristic way of cultivation.
The main range of the Aravalli Mountains lays behind and the terrain becomes more open and level. The riders still have to master a handful of ravines and canyons on the way into the Thar Desert. The landscape has changed and green trees and lush vegetation have given way to thorn trees and shrubs. In the villages camels become a common sight and cows are increasingly replaced by goats.
Today the riders enter the semi-desert which borders the vast expanse of the Thar Desert.
Large areas of waste land with little more than thorn bushes have to be traversed. The ground becomes sandy and the predominant colours are now yellow and brown, compared to the previous green. The terrain is level and the hills are left behind.
Open savannah invites for long trots, canters and gallops and occasionally antelopes such as Nilgai or Chinkara can be spotted.
Another day of riding through semi-desert dotted with occasional tribal villages.
Close to Pushkar already, the riders will encounter herds of cattle, camels or sheep, going or coming from the Fair.
The trading in Pushkar starts a long time before the actual fair and in the course of nearly a month thousands of animals are streaming into the otherwise sleepy town of Pushkar.
The major attractions, such as horses and camels are however usually brought in the last and are thus mainly traded during the Camel Fair.
Lunch is taken near the impressive Kharwa Fort which can be visited afterwards. The owners, horse lovers themselves, are usually very pleased to chat with our riders during or after the visit of their fort.
Arrival in the camp around late afternoon.
The last day ride before reaching Pushkar leads through first semi desert and then proper desert along a range of mountains, which offer breathtaking views.
In the morning the riders cross a countryside dotted with thorn trees, home of Nilai and Chinkara antelopes.
Villages are rare and the underground is rocky with occasional stretches of sand.
After lunch the trail leads along a major trade route to Pushkar and the riders will pass many animals, especially cattle, camels and occasional horses.
Sand roads invite for fast riding, only broken by an occasional village.
Pushkar is reached around early afternoon. In order to reach our safari camp, which is conveniently situated on a small farm at the outskirts of the town, the riders have to ride over parts of the Fair and can catch a glimpse of the colourful gathering.
After arrival in our camp, a walk over the Fair or the participation in some of the evening activities are possible.
Today the riders have a chance of exploring the Pushkar Fair on Horseback.
Starting in the early morning they ride over the trading ground and can observe the animals being watered and fed.
Afterwards, the area around Pushkar is explored.
Pushkar is situated at the edge of the desert in a spectacular scenery. A lonely mountain ridge of the Aravallis run from south to north and Pushkar is thus at a meeting point between desert and mountains. The countryside is dry and infertile and agriculture rather hard. Most farmers use camels as drought animals and they are a common sight.
In the afternoon the riders have another chance of visiting the Camel Fair and participating in the cultural activities organised by the Rajasthan Tourism Board.
End of the program after breakfast.
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation in our safari camp and in a middle class hotel in Udaipur
- Exclusions -
- Entrance fees
- Extras -
- Please note we only organize this safari on the occasion of the Pushkar Fair.
The dates for 2008 are:
02.11. - 11.11. (Udaipur - Pushkar)
11.11. - 20.11. (Pushkar- Udaipur)
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Udaipur
- Udaipur Sightseeing Udaipur Sight Seeing - from 900 INR
- Udaipur Sightseeing by Car - from 800 INR
- Udaipur to Ahmedabad Transfer - from 2250 INR
- Rajasthan Culture Tour - 2 days from 7500 INR
- Holiday Tour Packages Udaipur - 2 days from 4444 INR
- Mewar Trail Horseback Safari - 10 days from 1350 EUR
- Aravalli Nature and Wildlife Safari - 8 days from 1050 EUR
- Udaipur Mount Abu Tour - 5 days from 9999 INR
- Uadipur Eklingji Nathdwara Tour - 4 days from 9999 INR
- Udaipur Chittorgarh Tour - 4 days from 9999 INR
- Udaipur Kumbalgarh Ranakpur Tour - 5 days from 12222 INR
- Imperial Rajasthan - 7 days from 583 USD
- Mountain Tour of Rajasthan - 6 days from 501 USD
- Udaipur Package Tour - 4 days from 9000 INR
- Udaipur City Package Tour - 5 days from 12000 INR
- Palace Tours of Rajasthan - 11 days from 25000 INR
- RTT Royal Triangle Tour - 7 days from 649 USD
- RTT Royal Triangle Tour 6 Nights & 7 Days - 7 days from 649 USD
- RTT Pink City Tour 6 Nights & 7 Days - 7 days from 649 USD
- Jewels of Rajasthan Tour - 10 days from 499 USD
- Honeymoon Tour Package of Udaipur City of Lakes - 4 days from 9999 INR
Email the tour operator - Pushkar Fair Safari
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.