Mewar Trail Horseback Safari
- Price from:
- 1350 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 10 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- German, Spanish, French, English, Hindi
Last updated: 11/26/2007
Discover the forgotten South-East of Rajasthan on the back of a noble Marwari horse and ride over endless plains, through coconut groves and small villages and wild savannah.
Arrival in Udaipur
Sightseeing in the afternoon, overnight stay in a middle class hotel.
Transfer to Jaisamand
Boat ride on the lake and visit to the ancient Temple in Jagat, arrival in the camp in the early afternoon and test riding of the horses.
Overnight stay in our safari camp.
Ride through the outskirts of the Jaisamand Wildlife Sanctuary and its rough and hilly landscape. With some luck you will encounter Nilgai antelopes or the spotted Cheetal deer.
Arrival in the Camp around 4 pm.
In the evening go on a night drive in order to spot the night active animals of this region. With some luck you will be able to see Nilgai antelopes, deer, jackals, hyena, porcupines, jungle cats or even leopards.
A great day ride through fertile farmland broken by occasional parts of wild forest country and open wilderness. Today you will leave the Aravalli-Mountains behind and descend on the Malwa Plain with its fertile soil and rich farms. Discover the fascinating rural life of Rajasthan where the fieldwork is still done with oxen and handwork. The village kids guard flocks of goats and sheep and great the riders enthusiastically with a Namaste, the Indian hello. Meet the women fetching water from the village well, wearing bright and colorful saris.
Riding through this country is like a journey back into the past.
The camp will be situated near the Badwei Lake, where a lot of water birds such as ducks, teals, flamingos or cranes, can be observed.
If time permits, the riders can visit the town of Bhinder and its small fort.
Open stretches of grassland invite for long trots and canters. On the way you will be able to visit a number of small agricultural villages.
Visit havelis and rawlas (village mansions) on the way.
Arrival in the camp around 4 pm. and afterwards sundowner on a small hill, overlooking the whole countryside.
Bhinder : Barisadri
Another day ride through a fantastic countryside. The soil is now so fertile that even Opium is grown in small fields. It flowers between January and March, with many small white flowers.
Today the riders reach Barisadri, once a major Jagir (feudal land owned by a noble) with an impressive castle in the middle of the town. You will cross the small railway line connecting Barisadri with Mauvi once a week with a steam engine. Around here the villages are much richer than anywhere else in Rajasthan due to the rich soil. Most farmhouses sport richly ornamented entry gates and even the bullock carts are made of carved wood.
Our camp today is situated in the former garden of the Barisadri royal family. Before independence the women used to spend their days here wandering besides jasmine hedges and sitting in marble pavilions. Today parts of the gardens are used for farming, however parts of it are still reminders of the glorious days long gone by. After arrival the riders will visit Barisadri Palace.
Barisadri : Boheda
Today you will ride from Barisadri to the Jagir of Boheda, the ancestral home of our family. A ride along sandy paths through small villages and occasional stretches of grassland.
Lunch will be taken in a ruined fort along the way.
Arrival in Boheda around 4 pm. and overnight stay in the family rawla, a chraming old village fort dating back to the 18th century. It is only natural that the evening is spent in the gardens around a camp fire telling stories about the old times, when there were still many horses, camels and elephants stabled here.
Boheda : Sita-Mata Sanctuary
Today you will ride through the Sita-Mata Wildlife Sanctuary, a wild and untamed piece of land, home of the last leopards of this area.
The Wildlife-Sanctuary is situated far away from all touristic circuits and very few visitor find their way to this natural jewel. That is one of the reasons why it is the best place for sighting animals.
With some luck the riders can observe cheetal and sambar deer, Nilgai antelopes, monkeys, gazelles, mongoose and many smaller animals and birds, including the majestic peacock, national bird of India.
Return to Boheda is around late afternoon. If possible a bullock cart ride through the village is arranged in the evening.
Transfer back to Udaipur
After a morning ride you will be taken back to Udaipur. In the afternoon sightseeing and overnight stay in middleclass hotel.
End of the program after breakfast
- Inclusions -
- 5-6 hours riding on all safari days
- Exclusions -
- Personal expenses
- Extras -
- Discover the Sita-Mata Wildlife Sanctuary, the last forest area of the Malwa plain and home to countless birds and animals.
Visit many forts and palaces on the way.
Experience rural India at its best.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Udaipur
- Udaipur Sightseeing Udaipur Sight Seeing - from 900 INR
- Udaipur Sightseeing by Car - from 800 INR
- Udaipur to Ahmedabad Transfer - from 2250 INR
- Rajasthan Culture Tour - 2 days from 7500 INR
- Holiday Tour Packages Udaipur - 2 days from 4444 INR
- Aravalli Nature and Wildlife Safari - 8 days from 1050 EUR
- Pushkar Fair Safari - 10 days from 1400 EUR
- Udaipur Mount Abu Tour - 5 days from 9999 INR
- Uadipur Eklingji Nathdwara Tour - 4 days from 9999 INR
- Udaipur Chittorgarh Tour - 4 days from 9999 INR
- Udaipur Kumbalgarh Ranakpur Tour - 5 days from 12222 INR
- Imperial Rajasthan - 7 days from 583 USD
- Mountain Tour of Rajasthan - 6 days from 501 USD
- Udaipur Package Tour - 4 days from 9000 INR
- Udaipur City Package Tour - 5 days from 12000 INR
- Palace Tours of Rajasthan - 11 days from 25000 INR
- RTT Royal Triangle Tour - 7 days from 649 USD
- RTT Royal Triangle Tour 6 Nights & 7 Days - 7 days from 649 USD
- RTT Pink City Tour 6 Nights & 7 Days - 7 days from 649 USD
- Jewels of Rajasthan Tour - 10 days from 499 USD
- Honeymoon Tour Package of Udaipur City of Lakes - 4 days from 9999 INR
Email the tour operator - Mewar Trail Horseback Safari
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.