- Price from:
- 583 USD /person
- 0091 98291 53949
- 0091 0141 2622098
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 06/24/2007
Imperial Rajasthan is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful region of India. Rajasthan's many princely states, impressive forts.
In the morning arrive at the Udaipur airport or railway station. Upon arrival, you will be met by an Indo Vacations representative and transferred to the hotel. Udaipur is called the romantic city of Rajasthan. A city built around shimmering, clear, blue water lakes which reflect the green hills of the Aravali ranges. Rest of the day at leisure.
Today we visit Udaipur, also known as the city of sunrise. We start our sightseeing with the visit of Sahelion-Ki-Bari. This Garden of the Maids of Honour is well laid out with extensive lawns and shady walks. After the visit of Garden of Maids we visit a Museum of folk art. This museum has a rich collection of Folk dresses, ornaments, puppets, masks, dolls, folk musical instruments and paintings on display. After a break we proceed to City Palace, the biggest Palace in India, where 4 generations of Maharajas added their contribution, is so carefully planned and integrated with the original buildings that it is difficult to believe that it was not conceived as a whole. The museum of the palace includes the beautiful peacock mosaic and miniature wall paintings of Indian mythology. Today we have an opportunity to visit a traditional painting school and see the famous miniature paintings done. In the evening we have a boat ride on the lake Pichola. The famous Lake Palace of Udaipur was the summer residence of the former rulers. The James bond Film Octopussy was shot here and made this palace more known in the west.
Udaipur - Ranakpur
Today after having breakfast we drive to Ranakpur. Ranakpur is known for its superbly carved marble Jain Temples. An enormous basement of this temple covers 48,000 square feet. There are four subsidiary shrines, twenty four pillared halls. The total number of columns is 1444, all of which are intricately carved, no two being alike. The Ranakpur Jain Temples were built during the 15th century. Evening free for leisure.
Ranakpur - Mount Abu
Today we drive from Ranakpur to Mount Abu. Mount Abu is the only hill station in Rajasthan nestling in picturesque Aravali mountains. Entire hill side in Mount Abu is covered by the mango, bamboo, eucalyptus, date-palm, silk, cotton and lime trees. After a break in Mount Abu we visit the most famous Dilwara Jain temples. Dilwara Jain Temples were constructed between 11th and 13th centuries. In the evening we will have a walk at the focal point of the town, Nakki Lake. This artificial lake is ringed by hills and overhung by the enormous Toad Rock. We will walk through the Bazaar up to Sunset Point from here one can have the best view of the mountain. We also enjoy the sunset as the sun gradually drowns itself in the sky between the two mountain peaks.
Mount Abu - Jodhpur
In the morning drive to Jodhpur. Earlier Jodhpur was the capital of the princely state of Marwar (Land of death). Jodhpur is the second largest city in Rajasthan. Jodhpur is also known as the blue city as most of the houses of the old city are painted blue. The old city is surrounded by a huge 10 km long wall which has 101 bastions and seven gates. Jodhpur lies on the once strategic Delhi to Gujarat trading route and the marwaris got benefit from the passing traffic of opium, copper, silk which was traded to China. Rest of the day at leisure.
Today we will visit the Mehrangarh Fort (majestic fort). Mehrangarh Fort was built on a steep hill and is among the best in India with exquisitely latticed windows in residential apartments within. We also visit the Jaswant Thada, a royal cenotaph built in white marble. After the sightseeing we have a walk through the Bazaars of Jodhpur.
After having breakfast drive to airport or railway station for the onwards journey.
- Inclusions -
- Boat ride in Udaipur.
- Exclusions -
- Unspecified Meals etc.
- Extras -
- Given cost if on per person basis on minimum two travelers. There is discount available between April and September. Please write us to receive more details !
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Udaipur
- Udaipur Sightseeing Udaipur Sight Seeing - from 900 INR
- Udaipur Sightseeing by Car - from 800 INR
- Udaipur to Ahmedabad Transfer - from 2250 INR
- Rajasthan Culture Tour - 2 days from 7500 INR
- Holiday Tour Packages Udaipur - 2 days from 4444 INR
- Mewar Trail Horseback Safari - 10 days from 1350 EUR
- Aravalli Nature and Wildlife Safari - 8 days from 1050 EUR
- Pushkar Fair Safari - 10 days from 1400 EUR
- Udaipur Mount Abu Tour - 5 days from 9999 INR
- Uadipur Eklingji Nathdwara Tour - 4 days from 9999 INR
- Udaipur Chittorgarh Tour - 4 days from 9999 INR
- Udaipur Kumbalgarh Ranakpur Tour - 5 days from 12222 INR
- Mountain Tour of Rajasthan - 6 days from 501 USD
- Udaipur Package Tour - 4 days from 9000 INR
- Udaipur City Package Tour - 5 days from 12000 INR
- Palace Tours of Rajasthan - 11 days from 25000 INR
- RTT Royal Triangle Tour - 7 days from 649 USD
- RTT Royal Triangle Tour 6 Nights & 7 Days - 7 days from 649 USD
- RTT Pink City Tour 6 Nights & 7 Days - 7 days from 649 USD
- Jewels of Rajasthan Tour - 10 days from 499 USD
- Honeymoon Tour Package of Udaipur City of Lakes - 4 days from 9999 INR
Email the tour operator - Imperial Rajasthan
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.