Aravalli Nature and Wildlife Safari
- Price from:
- 1050 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 8 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- German, Spanish, French, English, Hindi
Last updated: 11/23/2007
Ride from Udaipur into the heart of the Aravalli-Mountains, one of the oldest mountain ranges in the world and visit two of the major sights of Southern Rajasthan, Kumbhalgarh Fort and Ranakpur.
Arrival in Udaipur, transfer to a middle class hotel, sightseeing of Udaipur in the afternoon. Visit the City Palace of Udaipur and do a boat ride on Lake Pichola in order to enjoy Udaipur's waterfront and have a closer look on Lake Palace.
Start your ride from Udaipur, near Fateh Sagar Lake and climb up into the Aravalli Mountains, enjoying the great scenery and views over Udaipur and its surrounding valley. Visit the ancient Eklingji and Nagda Temples on the ride and stay overnight in our safari camp on the shore of a small lake in the hills.
Today you will ride through the long beautiful valley of Haldi Ghati (which means Yellow Valley due to the color of the soil). Famous for its scenic beauty it was once upon a time the place of a great battle between Maharana Pratap, the king of Udaipur and the army of Moghul emperor Akbar. Visit the battlefield of Haldi Ghati and the Chetak Chabutra and learn about the historic deeds done by Chetak, the white Marwari stallion of Maharana Pratap. When time permits it is possible in the late afternoon to see the Maharana Pratap Museum in Haldi Ghati, overnight-stay in our safari camp.
Enjoy the last virgin dry deciduous forest in Rajasthan and ride through the unique scenery of the Aravalli Mountains.
Today horse and rider have to do a lot of climbing as the trail leaves Haldi Ghati Valley and winds up into the higher reaches of the Aravalli Mountains.
Ascending on narrow mountain paths, quite often through thick jungle vegetation, the riders leave the little villages behind and come into wild country, home to the last wolves and sloth bears of Rajasthan. The final destination of this day is the little town of Kumbhalgarh.
After the ride you can visit Kumbhalgarh Fort, overnight-stay in our safari camp.
Descending from the height of Kumbhalgarh Fort down into the valley of Ranakpur you will cross the Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary and have a chance of glimpsing a large number of wildlife such as antelope, deer (Cheetal and Samba), smaller mammals such as mongoose or rabbits and with some luck you might be able to spot a sloth bear or a leopard.
Besides you can observe countless birds singing above you in the treetops such as nightingales, kingfisher, meena, peacocks or jungle fowls. The sanctuary accounts for a great variety of more than 250 different species of birds.
Overnight-stay in our safari camp near Ranakpur.
Today you will ride through the heart of the Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary, in the morning through the mainly mountainous parts and in the afternoon down in the broad Ranakpur valley famous also for its bizarre rock formations.
Overnight stay in our safari camp in Ranakpur.
Visit the famous Jain temples of Ranakpur in the morning.
If time permits you can also cast a look on the ancient sun temple before we bring you back to Udaipur by car.
In the afternoon do sightseeing or shopping in Udaipur. Overnight stay in a middle class hotel.
Program ends after breakfast.
- Inclusions -
- Sightseeing in Udaipur and on safari
- Exclusions -
- Entrance fees
- Extras -
- Ride through some of the last virgin dry deciduous forest of Rajasthan.
Visit Kumbhalgarh Fort and the Jain temples for Ranakpur.
Enjoy great viewas and a fantastic scenery.
Ride through unspoilt nature and observe birds and animals in the Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Udaipur
- Udaipur Sightseeing Udaipur Sight Seeing - from 900 INR
- Udaipur Sightseeing by Car - from 800 INR
- Udaipur to Ahmedabad Transfer - from 2250 INR
- Rajasthan Culture Tour - 2 days from 7500 INR
- Holiday Tour Packages Udaipur - 2 days from 4444 INR
- Mewar Trail Horseback Safari - 10 days from 1350 EUR
- Pushkar Fair Safari - 10 days from 1400 EUR
- Udaipur Mount Abu Tour - 5 days from 9999 INR
- Uadipur Eklingji Nathdwara Tour - 4 days from 9999 INR
- Udaipur Chittorgarh Tour - 4 days from 9999 INR
- Udaipur Kumbalgarh Ranakpur Tour - 5 days from 12222 INR
- Imperial Rajasthan - 7 days from 583 USD
- Mountain Tour of Rajasthan - 6 days from 501 USD
- Udaipur Package Tour - 4 days from 9000 INR
- Udaipur City Package Tour - 5 days from 12000 INR
- Palace Tours of Rajasthan - 11 days from 25000 INR
- RTT Royal Triangle Tour - 7 days from 649 USD
- RTT Royal Triangle Tour 6 Nights & 7 Days - 7 days from 649 USD
- RTT Pink City Tour 6 Nights & 7 Days - 7 days from 649 USD
- Jewels of Rajasthan Tour - 10 days from 499 USD
- Honeymoon Tour Package of Udaipur City of Lakes - 4 days from 9999 INR
Email the tour operator - Aravalli Nature and Wildlife Safari
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.