- Price from:
- 750 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 12 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- Chinese, Japanese, Russian, German, French, English
Last updated: 05/20/2009
Kerala Backwater Tour
Arrival at Trivandrum, the capital city of Kerala. In Trivandrum our executives welcome you and transfer you to exotic Kovalam Beach.
You spend your day in leisure at Kovalam Beach, known for its picturesque look, neatness and lustrous environment which never fails to captivate your senses and soul. You can also visit numerous exotic beach resorts at Kovalam.
While staying at Kovalam, you spend the second day amidst the serene and spectacular Kovalam Beach, exploring and enjoying its heart rendering beauty and sceneries.
After Kovalam we drive to Kumarakom, one of the most popular beaches and backwater destinations in Kerala. You arrive at a resort, a part of the small lush green village, located on the banks of the backwaters. Staying here gives you a unique feeling as if you are so close to nature.
on your second day stay at Kovalam you a visit the Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary where you can spot a variety of exotic and rare birds. Here you can also enjoy boat ride and the enchanting view of the sunset. You stay overnight at Kumarakom
From Kumarakom you board a houseboat and travel through the beautiful backwaters to reach Alleppey. The picturesque small town of Alleppey with its exotic charm and awesome and serene surroundings never fails to enchant your mind and soul. You have all your meals on board.
From Alleppey we drive to Cochin. Here you visit the magnificent Cochin Fort. In the evening you enjoy an amazing Kathakali Dance performance. You stay overnight at a hotel in Cochin.
From Cochin we drive to Calicut. On the way to Calicut you visit the Guruvayoor Elephant School and Cheruthuruthi Training Center (a school known for its traditional dance and performing arts in Kerala). In the afternoon you enjoy sightseeing at Beypore and Calicut. You stay overnight at Calicut
In the morning we drive to Vythiri Resort located in the green lush vegetation of the famous Wayanad Sanctuary, which is a paradise for a variety of wildlife mainly elephants and a variety of exotic birds
Day 10: Kappad
From Wayanad we drive to Kappad, which is popular for its beautiful and clean beaches in Kerala. Kappad is also famous as the first entry point of European, here Vasco de Gama, the famous Portuguese sailor landed in 1498.
At Kappad you spend your second day on exploring and enjoying the exotic and lustrous beaches. Here you also enjoy the demonstration of Kalaraipaittu Martial Arts performed by the experts
From Kappad we drive to Kannur. On the way you visit historical monuments at Thalasseri and Mahe (a small part of Pondicherry adjoining Kerala borders). You stay overnight at Kannur Beach
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation, Lunches, dinners,transport
- Exclusions -
- local guideservices
- Extras -
- The agricultural year in Kerala begins in April with the Vishu festival. It is celebrated as New Year's Day. Ona is the ten-day harvest festival of welcoming Mahabali, the beloved ruler of Kerala. The women of the household clean up a patch on the eastern side of their homes and spread cowdung evenly to make the 'attapu' or the circular flower decoration. On Thiruvonam day of this festival the most important day of the festival, women and children dance the 'kummi' and 'kaikottikali' around the 'attapu' while singing songs in praise of Mahabali
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Trivandrum
Email the tour operator - Kerala Backwater
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.