- Price from:
- 9500 INR /person
- +91 9321 440764
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 5 days
- Location Start:
- Thrissur Railway Stn/Calicut Airport
- Location Finish:
- Thrissur Railway Stn/Calicut Airport
- Start time:
- 09.30 am
- End time:
- 06.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 02/17/2007
"Thrissur Pooram" is the mother of all temple festivals in Kerala. Celebrated every year during April, It is an expression of popular fascination for sound and colour.
Arrival at Trichur Railway station by Netravati Express.Proceed to Guruvayoor and Check-in at Hotel.Guruvayoor is a temple township, which is known for one of the most famous Sree Krishna temples in south India. It is the second largest temple in India, in terms of pilgrims who visit the temple. The temple is rich in legend, tradition and festivals.
Visit Punnathoor Kotta. The elephant rejuvenation centre for domestic elephants which is maintained by Guruvayoor Devaswam. This is India's largest elephant sanctuary and is home to more than 60 captive elephants.Witness the Deeparadhana, Chuttivilakku (lighting of thousands of ghee/oil lamps around the temple) and Ezhunnallathu (the procession inside the temple with caparisoned elephants and percussion)
Vakacharthu Dharsan at Guruvayoor templeDeparture for Dharsan at Naalambalam tour: Unique tour for all 4 temples of Srirama (Thrippayar) Koodalmanikyam (The only Bharatha temple in India) , Moozhikkulam Lakshmana Temple and Payammal Shatrughna Temple (The only temple dedicated to Shatrughna in India)
After lunch: Visit Athirappilly waterfalls: (Indian Niagara)
Check out from the Athirapally and proceed to TrichurCheck in at hotel at Thrissur- Cultural capital of erala.City Site seeing and shopping including visit to Kalyan Silks- The world's largest silk showroom. Archaeological Museum: Can see collections of Mural paintings from all over Kerala.
Art Museum Good collections of wood carvings, metal Sculptures and ancient jewellery.
Visit the Zoo and Town HallVisit at Paramekkavu temple for Deeparadhana.
Visit to Vadakkunnathan TempleWitness Kerala's largest Elephant Pageant Thrissur Pooram.Thrissur Pooram is mother of all festivals in Kerala. Visit to Vadakkunnathan Temple and Pooram site.Witness Kerala's biggest temple festival, which is believed to be 2 centuries old. It is considered to be the mother of all festivals in Kerala. Thunderous, spectacular and dazzling, this festival sees the participation of three temples and is better experienced than read about. The climax of the festival is the pageant of thirty richly caparisoned elephants and the famous fireworks at 2.30 AM local time
It is an expression of popular fascination for sound and colour, and because of the pageantry, it appeals to all people. The images of the deities from all temples of the village are taken on elephants to the main temple. The climax of the festival is the exhibition of thirty elephants and the famous fireworks at 2.30 am local time.
Departure to Thrissur Railway station/ Kochi- or Calicut airport with the memories of Great Thrissur Pooram.See off by Saroma Holidays.
- Inclusions -
- Accomodation, Transfers, Sightseeing, Food
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Thrissur
Email the tour operator - Thrissur Pooram
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.