Valley of Kashmir Tour
- Price from:
- 827 USD /person
- 0091 98291 53949
- 0091 0141 2622098
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 6 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- German, English, Hindi
Last updated: 07/01/2007
Valley of Kashmir Tour is being designed for those persons who want to visit Kashmir and Amarnath Holy Shrine. The Amarnath Cave is one of the holiest naturally occurring shrines of the Hindu faith.
In the morning arrive at Srinagar airport or railway station. Srinagar has been described by some visitors as the Venice of the East. This beautiful city was established by Emperor Ashoka some 2300 years ago. A unique charm of Srinagar is its 1300 or more houseboats, the floating little hotels on the edge of the Dal Lake. Upon arrival you will be met by representative and transferred to one of this house boat on Dal Lake. Rest of the day free for leisure to explore the beautiful surroundings in Srinagar.
Today we visit the famous Mughal gardens in Srinagar. In the Mughal gardens first of all you will view the Chashma Shahi. Chashma Shahi means the Royal Spring and is dedicated to the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan. The spring waters are believed to have curative properties. After visiting the Chashma Shahi we visit the Nishat and Shalimar Mughal Gardens. Nishat is the larger of the two gardens and has an impressive plantation of Chenar trees on its highest terrace. Both the gardens are built on a symmetrical plan of central waterways with fountains dividing a series of gardened terraces. In the afternoon we enjoy the Shikara ride on the Dal lake and enjoy the beauty of the city.
Srinagar - Sonamarg - Baltal (about 113 km)
In the morning after having breakfast we drive from Srinagar to Sonamarg. Sonamarg, a small but uniquely beautiful hill resort, is located on the Ladakh road. Sonamarg means the golden meadow. It derives its name from the golden colour of its massed spring flowers. After having lunch at Sonamarg we continue our drive to Baltal. We have an overnight stay in tents at Baltal.
Baltal - Amarnath - Baltal (about 32 km)
In the early morning we start trekking towards Amarnath holy cave. From Baltal to Amarnath holy cave it will be about 4 hours walk. This holy cave is visited by thousands of Hindu pilgrims from all parts of India on full moon to have a glimpse of Shivalinga formed from iced snow. The cave is situated amidst iced snow at a height of 13,000 feet and is totally cut off from the rest of the world during winter. After visiting the holy Shivlinga in the Amarnath cave we descend towards Baltal. We have an overnight stay in tents at Baltal.
Baltal - Sonamarg - Srinagar (about 113 km)
In the morning after having breakfast we drive from Baltal to Sonamarg. After having lunch at Sonamarg we drive towards Srinagar. In the evening we visit the Shankaracharya temple in Srinagar. This temple is located on a sharp hill, 1,000 feet high and houses a small temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. It was built in memory of the great Shankaracharya who came to Kashmir from Kerala to revive Hinduism. From the top of the hills, you would be able to have a panoramic view of the Kashmir Valley. After visiting the temple we drive back to our house boat.
Transfer to airport or railway station for the onwards journey.
- Inclusions -
- All Meals included (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- Exclusions -
- Any Kind of Personal Expenses such as Tips, Laundry, Telephone Bills and Alcoholic beverages.
- Extras -
- Given cost if on per person basis on minimum two travelers. There is discount available between April and September. Please write us to receive more details !
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Srinagar
- Budget Tour Packages Kashmir - 5 days from 8444 INR
- Kashmir Tour - 7 days from 9999 INR
- Kashmir Intensive Tour - 14 days from 1751 USD
- Kashmir and Rajasthan Tour - 12 days from 1240 USD
- Vacations in Kashmir - 12 days from 1480 USD
- Holidays in Kashmir - 10 days from 1288 USD
- Kashmir with Amarnath - 8 days from 1067 USD
- Gardens of Kashmir - 8 days from 1250 USD
- Kashmir and Zoji La Tour - 8 days from 1056 GBP
- Kashmir Honeymoon Tour - 6 days from 839 GBP
- Houseboats of Kashmir - 6 days from 836 USD
- Travel to Kashmir - 6 days from 818 USD
- Short Tour of Kashmir - 6 days from 811 USD
- River Rafting on Ganges Tour - 11 days from 485 USD
- Skiing Tour in Gulmarg - 9 days from 786 USD
Email the tour operator - Valley of Kashmir Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.