Vacations in Kashmir
- Price from:
- 1480 USD /person
- 0091 98291 53949
- 0091 0141 2622098
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 07/15/2007
Kashmir has always been one of the most popular states of India which is visited by almost thousands of tourists every year. Most of the tourists visit Kashmir during their vacations.
In the morning arrive at Srinagar airport or railway station. Srinagar has been described by some visitors as the Venice of the East. This beautiful city was established by Emperor Ashoka some 2300 years ago. A unique charm of Srinagar is its 1300 or more houseboats, the floating little hotels on the edge of the Dal Lake. Upon arrival you will be met by representative and transferred to one of this house boat on Dal Lake. Rest of the day free for leisure to explore the beautiful surroundings in Srinagar.
Today we start our sightseeing in Srinagar. Today we visit the famous Mughal gardens in Srinagar. In the Mughal gardens first of all you will view the Chashma Shahi. Chashma Shahi means the Royal Spring and is dedicated to the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan. The spring waters are believed to have curative properties. After visiting the Chashma Shahi we visit the Nishat and Shalimar Mughal Gardens. Nishat is the larger of the two gardens and has an impressive plantation of Chenar trees on its highest terrace. Both the gardens are built on a symmetrical plan of central waterways with fountains dividing a series of gardened terraces. In the evening we visit the Shankaracharya Temple. This temple is located on a sharp hill, 1,000 feet high and houses a small temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. It was built in memory of the great Shankaracharya who came to Kashmir from Kerala to revive Hinduism. From the top of the hills, you would be able to have a panoramic view of the Kashmir Valley. After visiting the temple we drive back to our house boat.
Srinagar - Kargil
In the morning after having breakfast we drive to Kargil. On the way we will cross Zoji La pass which is situated at a height of 3529 mts. Zoji La marks the boundary between Kashmir and Ladakh. This pass is sometimes blocked by snow each year. On Zoji La pas there is one way traffic, so we have to wait for traffic controller announcement for crossing Zoji La. In the evening we reach Drass which is the second coldest inhabited places in the world. After reaching Drass we drive further towards Kargil. Kargil is situated in Suru Valley where the Suru river flows and meets the Indus at a place called Marul. Upon arrival transferred to Hotel.
Kargil - Leh (about 230 km)
In the morning after having breakfast we drive to Leh. The drive from Kargil to Leh is fascinating full of excitement. Due to its altitude (3500 m) Ladakh is also known as the roof of the world. Leh was an important place in the historical times on the silk road to central Asia. The rest of the day is at leisure to acclimatize yourselves to the high altitude of Leh. In the evening we will visit Leh Bazaar and Leh monastery.
Today we start our excursion by visiting the monastery of Thikse. Thikse is one of the most imposing monastery in Ladakh. The monastery has 12 stories, 10 temples, a nunnery and 60 lamas in residence. It contains numerous stupas, statues, tankhas, wall painting and a large pillar engraved with the teaching of Buddha. We can also see here a collection of Tibetan scripts. After the visit of Thikse we visit the village of Shey on the eastern bank of the Indus. Shey was the royal residence and was located at an important vantage point in the Indus valley. It has a large victory Stupa which is topped with gold. After the visit of the monastery of Shey we visit the monastery of Hemis. The rich monastery of Hemis is the biggest in Ladakh and is perched on top of a pleasant green hill surrounded by spectacular mountain scenery.
This day free for leisure in Leh.
Leh - Kargil
In the morning after having breakfast we drive back to Kargil. Upon arrival you will be transferred to the hotel.
Kargil - Srinagar
In the early morning we drive to Srinagar. Upon arrival in Srinagar you will be transferred to house boat for overnight stay.
Srinagar - Gulmarg - Srinagar
In the morning after having breakfast drive to Gulmarg, the Meadow of Flowers. In Gulmarg you would be able to find European surroundings and 18-hole Golf Course. During the British Raj, Gulmarg hosted the Britishers and Europeans and these Britishers created a European hill resort. In Gulmarg while walking along the circular path you only have to look down to have a complete view of the valley and Srinagar. You can also have a fine view of Nanga Parbat, the naked mountain which is over 26,000 feet and dominates the entire region. Rest of the day at leisure in Gulmarg to enjoy the beautiful surroundings. In the evening drive back to Srinagar.
Srinagar - Katra (about 280 km)
In the morning after having breakfast we drive from Srinagar to Katra. Katra is the base camp for the visitors to the shrine of the Goddess Vaishno Devi situated in the Trikuta hills. This place is visited by nearly four million tourists every year. Rest of the day free for leisure.
Katra - Vaishno Devi - Katra
Early in the morning we proceed further to visit the Holy temple of Vaishno Devi. This temple is situated on the top of the Trikuta hill about 12 km away from Katra. To visit this temple one has to hire a pony or travel by foot. Popular belief holds that anybody who walks the Himalayan trail to her abode to ask for a boon rarely goes back disappointed. After visiting the temple we return back to hotel in Katra the same day.
Katra - Jammu
In the morning after having breakfast drive to Jammu. Transfer to airport or railway station.
- Inclusions -
- American / Continental Breakfast.
- Exclusions -
- Any Kind of Personal Expenses such as Tips, Laundry, Telephone Bills and Alcoholic beverages.
- Extras -
- Given cost if on per person basis on minimum two travelers. There is discount available between April and September. Please write us to receive more details !
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Srinagar
- Budget Tour Packages Kashmir - 5 days from 8444 INR
- Kashmir Tour - 7 days from 9999 INR
- Kashmir Intensive Tour - 14 days from 1751 USD
- Kashmir and Rajasthan Tour - 12 days from 1240 USD
- Holidays in Kashmir - 10 days from 1288 USD
- Valley of Kashmir Tour - 6 days from 827 USD
- Kashmir with Amarnath - 8 days from 1067 USD
- Gardens of Kashmir - 8 days from 1250 USD
- Kashmir and Zoji La Tour - 8 days from 1056 GBP
- Kashmir Honeymoon Tour - 6 days from 839 GBP
- Houseboats of Kashmir - 6 days from 836 USD
- Travel to Kashmir - 6 days from 818 USD
- Short Tour of Kashmir - 6 days from 811 USD
- River Rafting on Ganges Tour - 11 days from 485 USD
- Skiing Tour in Gulmarg - 9 days from 786 USD
Email the tour operator - Vacations in Kashmir
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.