Travel to Kashmir
- Price from:
- 818 USD /person
- 0091 98291 53949
- 0091 0141 2622098
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 6 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- German, English, Hindi
Last updated: 07/15/2007
The Himalayan Valley of Kashmir is known all over the world for its beauty and charm. The State of Jammu and Kashmir is not merely the Vale of Kashmir but it is a very large state.
In the morning arrive at Srinagar airport or railway station. Srinagar has been described by some visitors as the Venice of the East. This beautiful city was established by Emperor Ashoka some 2300 years ago. A unique charm of Srinagar is its 1300 or more houseboats, the floating little hotels on the edge of the Dal Lake. Upon arrival you will be met by our representative and transferred to the House Boat on the Dal Lake. Rest of the day free for leisure to explore the beautiful surroundings in Srinagar.
Today we visit the famous Mughal gardens in Srinagar. The Mughal emperors often visited Kashmir. They planted gardens with sloped terraces and flowing watercourses. Chashma Shahi, Nishat Bagh and Shalimar Bagh are the three famous Mughal gardens in Kashmir. Chashma Shahi means the Royal Spring and is dedicated to the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan. The spring waters are believed to have curative properties. After visiting the Chashma Shahi we visit the Nishat Bagh and Shalimar Bagh. Nishat Bagh is the larger of the two gardens and has an impressive plantation of Chenar trees on its highest terrace. This garden was built by Noor Jahan's brother, Asaf Khan and lies alongside the Dal lake. Shalimar Bagh was built by the Mughal emperor Jahangir, whose love for Kashmir was legendary. The Shalimar Bagh is a series of stone pavilions and flowing water with paint box bright flowerbeds.
Srinagar - Sonamarg - Srinagar (about 170 km)
In the morning we drive to Sonamarg. Sonamarg is situated on the Srinagar-Leh Highway, about 85 km from Srinagar. Sonamarg, a small but uniquely beautiful hill resort, is located on the Ladakh road. Sonamarg means the golden meadow. It derives its name from the golden colour of its massed spring flowers. Enjoy the local environments and surrounding. Late afternoon drive back to Srinagar.
Srinagar - Pahalgam (about 97 km)
In the morning after breakfast drive to Pahalgam. On the way we pass through pine forest and also visit the saffron fields. Pahalgam is the popular hill resort of the Kashmir valley. Pahalgam is situated at a height of 7,200 feet. The flora and fauna is good and the scenery in Pahalgam is captivating. It is from Pahalgam that the pilgrims often take a Amarnath Yatra. Arrive in Pahalgam by the afternoon.
Today in Pahalgam one can have a walk to Baisaren, which is about 2 km from Pahalgam. This walk to a small village, set in pine and fir forest will be pleasing. This place offers some good views of the surroundings.
Pahalgam - Srinagar (about 97 km)
In the morning after having breakfast drive to Srinagar. Transfer to airport or railway station for the onwards journey.
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation in double room on twin sharing basis with bath and WC in the chosen category in the houseboat in Srinagar for 2 nights.
- Exclusions -
- Unspecified Meals etc.
- Extras -
- Given cost if on per person basis on minimum two travelers. There is discount available between April and September. Please write us to receive more details !
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Srinagar
- Budget Tour Packages Kashmir - 5 days from 8444 INR
- Kashmir Tour - 7 days from 9999 INR
- Kashmir Intensive Tour - 14 days from 1751 USD
- Kashmir and Rajasthan Tour - 12 days from 1240 USD
- Vacations in Kashmir - 12 days from 1480 USD
- Holidays in Kashmir - 10 days from 1288 USD
- Valley of Kashmir Tour - 6 days from 827 USD
- Kashmir with Amarnath - 8 days from 1067 USD
- Gardens of Kashmir - 8 days from 1250 USD
- Kashmir and Zoji La Tour - 8 days from 1056 GBP
- Kashmir Honeymoon Tour - 6 days from 839 GBP
- Houseboats of Kashmir - 6 days from 836 USD
- Short Tour of Kashmir - 6 days from 811 USD
- River Rafting on Ganges Tour - 11 days from 485 USD
- Skiing Tour in Gulmarg - 9 days from 786 USD
Email the tour operator - Travel to Kashmir
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.