Short Tour of Kashmir
- Price from:
- 811 USD /person
- 0091 98291 53949
- 0091 0141 2622098
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 6 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- German, English, Hindi
Last updated: 07/15/2007
Kashmir covers an area of 222,236 square km and is famous for its natural beauty. Kashmir has often been referred as the 'Switzerland of the East'. The heart of the area is the fertile Vale of Kashmir
In the morning arrive at Srinagar airport or railway station. Srinagar has been described by some visitors as the Venice of the East. This beautiful city was established by Emperor Ashoka some 2300 years ago. A unique charm of Srinagar is its 1300 or more houseboats, the floating little hotels on the edge of the Dal Lake. Upon arrival you will be met by our representative and transferred to the house boat. Rest of the day free for leisure to explore the beautiful surroundings in Srinagar.
Today we start our sightseeing in Srinagar. Today we visit the famous Mughal gardens in Srinagar. In the Mughal gardens first of all you will view the Chashma Shahi. Chashma Shahi means the Royal Spring and is dedicated to the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan. The spring waters are believed to have curative properties. After visiting the Chashma Shahi we visit the Nishat and Shalimar Mughal Gardens. Nishat is the larger of the two gardens and has an impressive plantation of Chenar trees on its highest terrace. Both the gardens are built on a symmetrical plan of central waterways with fountains dividing a series of gardened terraces. In the evening we visit the Shankaracharya Temple. This temple is located on a sharp hill, 1,000 feet high and houses a small temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. It was built in memory of the great Shankaracharya who came to Kashmir from Kerala to revive Hinduism. From the top of the hills, you would be able to have a panoramic view of the Kashmir Valley. After visiting the temple we drive back to our house boat.
Srinagar - Pahalgam - Srinagar (about 194 km)
In the morning after breakfast drive to Pahalgam. Pahalgam is located about 97 km from Srinagar. On the way we pass through pine forest and also visit the saffron fields. Pahalgam is the popular hill resort of the Kashmir valley. Pahalgam is situated at a height of 7,200 feet. The flora and fauna is good and the scenery in Pahalgam is captivating. It is from Pahalgam that the pilgrims often take a Amarnath Yatra. In Pahalgam one can have a walk to Baisaren, which is about 2 km from Pahalgam. A small village, set in pine and fir forest is pleasing and offers good view. After visiting Pahalgam we drive back to Srinagar.
Srinagar - Sonamarg - Srinagar (about 170 km)
In the morning we drive to Sonamarg. Sonamarg is situated on the Srinagar-Leh Highway, about 85 km from Srinagar. Sonamarg, a small but uniquely beautiful hill resort, is located on the Ladakh road. Sonamarg means the golden meadow. It derives its name from the golden colour of its massed spring flowers. The main attraction in Sonamarg are the Bisansar Lake and Krishnasar Lake. These two beautiful lakes adds to the beauty of Sonamarg. The Krishnasar Lake is famous for the Trout fishing. After visiting these two beautiful lakes in Sonamarg we drive back to Srinagar.
Srinagar - Gulmarg - Srinagar (about 120 km)
Today in the morning we drive to Gulmarg. The route from Srinagar to Gulmarg is fascinating. In Gulmarg you would be able to find European surroundings and 18-hole Golf Course. During the British Raj, Gulmarg hosted the Britishers and Europeans and as such they created a European hill resort. After having lunch in Gulmarg we have a walk along the circular path. While walking you only have to look down to have a complete view of the valley and Srinagar. You can also have a fine view of Nanga Parbat, the naked mountain which is over 26000 feet and dominates the entire region. Rest of the day at leisure in Gulmarg to enjoy the beautiful surroundings. In the evening drive back to Srinagar.
Transfer to airport or railway station for the onwards journey.
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation in double room on twin sharing basis with bath and WC in the chosen category in the house boat.
- Exclusions -
- Any Kind of Personal Expenses such as Tips, Laundry, Telephone Bills and Alcoholic beverages.
- Extras -
- Given cost if on per person basis on minimum two travelers. There is discount available between April and September. Please write us to receive more details !
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Srinagar
- Budget Tour Packages Kashmir - 5 days from 8444 INR
- Kashmir Tour - 7 days from 9999 INR
- Kashmir Intensive Tour - 14 days from 1751 USD
- Kashmir and Rajasthan Tour - 12 days from 1240 USD
- Vacations in Kashmir - 12 days from 1480 USD
- Holidays in Kashmir - 10 days from 1288 USD
- Valley of Kashmir Tour - 6 days from 827 USD
- Kashmir with Amarnath - 8 days from 1067 USD
- Gardens of Kashmir - 8 days from 1250 USD
- Kashmir and Zoji La Tour - 8 days from 1056 GBP
- Kashmir Honeymoon Tour - 6 days from 839 GBP
- Houseboats of Kashmir - 6 days from 836 USD
- Travel to Kashmir - 6 days from 818 USD
- River Rafting on Ganges Tour - 11 days from 485 USD
- Skiing Tour in Gulmarg - 9 days from 786 USD
Email the tour operator - Short Tour of Kashmir
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.