Kashmir with Amarnath
- Price from:
- 1067 USD /person
- 0091 98291 53949
- 0091 0141 2622098
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 8 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- German, English, Hindi
Last updated: 07/15/2007
Kashmir with Amarnath tour is being designed for those persons who want to travel to Kashmir and also want to visit Amarnath Holy Shrine.
In the morning arrive at Srinagar airport or railway station. Srinagar has been described by some visitors as the Venice of the East. This beautiful city was established by Emperor Ashoka some 2300 years ago. A unique charm of Srinagar is its 1300 or more houseboats, the floating little hotels on the edge of the Dal Lake. Upon arrival you will be met by representative and transferred to one of this house boat on Dal Lake. In the afternoon we have Shikara ride on Dal Lake and also visit the floating gardens.
Today we visit the famous Mughal gardens in Srinagar. In the Mughal gardens first of all you will view the Chashma Shahi. Chashma Shahi means the Royal Spring and is dedicated to the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan. The spring waters are believed to have curative properties. After visiting the Chashma Shahi we visit the Nishat and Shalimar Mughal Gardens. Nishat is the larger of the two gardens and has an impressive plantation of Chenar trees on its highest terrace. Both the gardens are built on a symmetrical plan of central waterways with fountains dividing a series of gardened terraces.
Srinagar : Pahalgam (about 100 km)
In the morning after breakfast drive to Pahalgam. On the way we pass through pine forest and as well as visit the saffron fields, Avantipur Ruins and Mattan temple. Pahalgam is the popular hill resort of the Kashmir valley. Pahalgam is situated at a height of 7,200 feet. The flora and fauna is good and the scenery in Pahalgam is captivating. It is from Pahalgam that the pilgrims often take a Amarnath Yatra. In the evening enjoy the beauty of Pahalgam.
Pahalgam - Chandanwari - Sheshnag
In the morning after having early breakfast we drive from Pahalgam to Chandanwari (2895m). Chandanwari is located about 16 km from Pahalgam. This is the starting point of the Amarnath Yatra, which takes place every year during July-August. After reaching Chandanwari we start trek from here to Sheshnag for about 12 kms for the Amarnath Yatra. Here we cross the Pishoo Gati pass and later have an overnight stay in tents at Shehnag.
Sheshnag : Panchtarni (about 14 km)
After breakfast we start trekking up to Mahagunas. After having a small break at Mahagunas we again start trekking to Panchtarni. Panchtarni is situated at the foot of Mount Bhairva. After a long tiresome trekking we reach Panchtarni. We have an overnight stay in tents in Panchtarni.
Panchtarni : Amarnath (about 6 km) - Baltal
In the morning we start trekking towards Amarnath holy cave. From Panchtarni the Amarnath holy cave is located at 6 km away. This holy cave is visited by thousands of Hindu pilgrims from all parts of India on full moon to have a glimpse of Shivalinga formed from iced snow. The cave is situated amidst iced snow at a height of 13,000 feet and is totally cut off from the rest of the world during winter. After visiting the holy Shivlinga in the Amarnath cave we descend towards Baltal. From Amarnath to Baltal it will be about 4 hours walk. We have an overnight stay in tents at Baltal.
Baltal - Sonamarg - Srinagar (about 113 km)
In the morning after having breakfast we drive from Baltal to Sonamarg. Sonamarg, a small but uniquely beautiful hill resort, is located on the Ladakh road. Sonamarg means the golden meadow. It derives its name from the golden colour of its massed spring flowers. After having lunch at Sonamarg we drive towards Srinagar. In the evening reach Srinagar and transfer to the house boat.
Transfer to airport or railway station for the onwards journey.
- Inclusions -
- All meals included (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- Exclusions -
- Any Kind of Personal Expenses such as Tips, Laundry, Telephone Bills and Alcoholic beverages.
- Extras -
- Given cost if on per person basis on minimum two travelers. There is discount available between April and September. Please write us to receive more details !
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Srinagar
- Budget Tour Packages Kashmir - 5 days from 8444 INR
- Kashmir Tour - 7 days from 9999 INR
- Kashmir Intensive Tour - 14 days from 1751 USD
- Kashmir and Rajasthan Tour - 12 days from 1240 USD
- Vacations in Kashmir - 12 days from 1480 USD
- Holidays in Kashmir - 10 days from 1288 USD
- Valley of Kashmir Tour - 6 days from 827 USD
- Gardens of Kashmir - 8 days from 1250 USD
- Kashmir and Zoji La Tour - 8 days from 1056 GBP
- Kashmir Honeymoon Tour - 6 days from 839 GBP
- Houseboats of Kashmir - 6 days from 836 USD
- Travel to Kashmir - 6 days from 818 USD
- Short Tour of Kashmir - 6 days from 811 USD
- River Rafting on Ganges Tour - 11 days from 485 USD
- Skiing Tour in Gulmarg - 9 days from 786 USD
Email the tour operator - Kashmir with Amarnath
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.