Kashmir and Zoji La Tour
- Price from:
- 1056 GBP /person
- 0091 98291 53949
- 0091 0141 2622098
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 8 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- German, English, Hindi
Last updated: 07/15/2007
Kashmir and Zoji-La tour offers the visitors a complete tour of the famous Kashmir destinations. Kashmir is surrounded by three mountain ranges - the Karakoram, Zanskar and Pir Panjal. Kashmir.
In the morning arrive at Srinagar airport or railway station. Srinagar has been described by some visitors as the Venice of the East. This beautiful city was established by Emperor Ashoka some 2300 years ago. A unique charm of Srinagar is its 1300 or more houseboats, the floating little hotels on the edge of the Dal Lake. Upon arrival you will be met by representative and transferred to the hotel. Rest of the day free for leisure to explore the beautiful surroundings in Srinagar.
Today we start our sightseeing in Srinagar. In our sightseeing we visit the famous Mughal gardens and Shankaracharya temple in Srinagar. In the Mughal gardens first of all we will visit the Chashma Shahi. Chashma Shahi means the Royal Spring and is dedicated to the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan. The spring waters are believed to have curative properties. After visiting the Chashma Shahi we visit the Nishat and Shalimar Mughal Gardens. Both the gardens are built on a symmetrical plan of central waterways with fountains dividing a series of gardened terraces. In the evening we visit the Shankaracharya Temple. This temple is located on a sharp hill, 1,000 feet high and houses a small temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. It was built in memory of the great Shankaracharya who came to Kashmir from Kerala to revive Hinduism. From the top of the hills, we would be able to have a panoramic view of the Kashmir Valley.
Srinagar - Sonamarg - Srinagar (about 170 km)
In the morning we drive to Sonamarg. Sonamarg is situated on the Srinagar-Leh Highway, about 85 km from Srinagar. Sonamarg, a small but uniquely beautiful hill resort, is located on the Ladakh road. Sonamarg means the golden meadow. It derives its name from the golden colour of its massed spring flowers. The main attraction in Sonamarg are the Bisansar Lake and Krishnasar Lake. These two beautiful lakes adds to the beauty of Sonamarg. The Krishnasar Lake is famous for the Trout fishing. After visiting Sonamarg we drive back to Srinagar.
Srinagar - Gulmarg (about 60 km)
In the morning after having breakfast drive to Gulmarg, the meadow of flowers. In Gulmarg you would be able to find European surroundings and 18-hole Golf Course. During the British Raj, Gulmarg hosted the Britishers and Europeans and these Britishers created a European hill resort. Gulmarg is one of the most famous winter Skiing resort in India. Arrive in Gulmarg by the afternoon. In the evening we will drive to Khilanmarg. Khilanmarg is the spot for skiing in winters. We will reach Khilanmarg on pony. In Khilanmarg we will enjoy the views of the Kashmir valley and the Himalayan range.
The day at leisure in Gulmarg to enjoy the beautiful surroundings. Today in Gulmarg you can have a walk along the circular path and while walking you only have to look down to have a complete view of the valley and Srinagar. You can also have a fine view of Nanga Parbat, the naked mountain which is over 26,000 feet and dominates the entire region. (If this trip is during winters then you can also enjoy the Skiing and other adventure sports here)
Gulmarg - Pahalgam
In the morning after having breakfast we drive to Pahalgam. Pahalgam is the another popular hill resort of the Kashmir valley. Pahalgam is situated at a height of 7,200 feet. The flora and fauna is good and the scenery in Pahalgam is captivating. It is from Pahalgam that the pilgrims often take a Amarnath Yatra. Arrive in Pahalgam by the evening.
Today in Pahalgam one can have a walk to Baisaren, which is about 2 km from Pahalgam. This walk to a small village, set in pine and fir forest will be pleasing. This place offers some good views of the surroundings. If you want then you can also go for further 11 km trekking to Tulian Lake (3353 m). This lake is covered with ice for most of the year. Rest of the day at leisure.
Pahalgam - Srinagar (about 97 km)
In the morning after breakfast drive from Pahalgam to Srinagar. Transfer to the airport or railway station.
- Inclusions -
- American / continental Breakfast.
- Exclusions -
- Any Kind of Personal Expenses such as Tips, Laundry, Telephone Bills and Alcoholic beverages.
- Extras -
- Given cost if on per person basis on minimum two travelers. There is discount available between April and September. Please write us to receive more details !
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Srinagar
- Budget Tour Packages Kashmir - 5 days from 8444 INR
- Kashmir Tour - 7 days from 9999 INR
- Kashmir Intensive Tour - 14 days from 1751 USD
- Kashmir and Rajasthan Tour - 12 days from 1240 USD
- Vacations in Kashmir - 12 days from 1480 USD
- Holidays in Kashmir - 10 days from 1288 USD
- Valley of Kashmir Tour - 6 days from 827 USD
- Kashmir with Amarnath - 8 days from 1067 USD
- Gardens of Kashmir - 8 days from 1250 USD
- Kashmir Honeymoon Tour - 6 days from 839 GBP
- Houseboats of Kashmir - 6 days from 836 USD
- Travel to Kashmir - 6 days from 818 USD
- Short Tour of Kashmir - 6 days from 811 USD
- River Rafting on Ganges Tour - 11 days from 485 USD
- Skiing Tour in Gulmarg - 9 days from 786 USD
Email the tour operator - Kashmir and Zoji La Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.