Holidays in Kashmir
- Price from:
- 1288 USD /person
- 0091 98291 53949
- 0091 0141 2622098
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 07/15/2007
If you want to take relief from the torturing heat of the summers then you can travel to the cool environments in Kashmir. Kashmir is often referred as a paradise on the earth.
Jammu - Katra (about 55 km)
In the morning arrive at Jammu airport or railway station. Upon arrival you will be met by our representative and drive to Katra. Upon arrival in Katra you will be transferred to the hotel. Katra is the starting point for the Vaishno Devi pilgrimage.
Katra - Vaishno Devi - Katra
Early in the morning we proceed further to visit the Holy temple of Vaishno Devi. This temple is situated on the top of the hill. To visit this temple one has to hire a pony or travel by foot. From Katra the Vaishno Devi pilgrimage is about 12 kms. After visiting the temple we return back to Katra the same day.
Katra - Srinagar (about 280 km)
In the morning after having breakfast we drive from Katra to Srinagar. Srinagar has been described by some visitors as the Venice of the East. This beautiful city was established by Emperor Ashoka some 2300 years ago. A unique charm of Srinagar is its 1300 or more houseboats, the floating little hotels on the edge of the Dal Lake. Upon arrival you will be met by representative and transferred to one of this house boat on Dal Lake.
Today we start our sightseeing in Srinagar. Today we visit the famous Mughal gardens in Srinagar. In the Mughal gardens first of all you will view the Chashma Shahi. Chashma Shahi means the Royal Spring and is dedicated to the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan. The spring waters are believed to have curative properties. After visiting the Chashma Shahi we visit the Nishat and Shalimar Mughal Gardens. Nishat is the larger of the two gardens and has an impressive plantation of Chenar trees on its highest terrace. Both the gardens are built on a symmetrical plan of central waterways with fountains dividing a series of gardened terraces. In the evening we visit the Shankaracharya Temple. This temple is located on a sharp hill, 1,000 feet high and houses a small temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. It was built in memory of the great Shankaracharya who came to Kashmir from Kerala to revive Hinduism. From the top of the hills, you would be able to have a panoramic view of the Kashmir Valley. After visiting the temple we drive back to our house boat.
Srinagar - Pahalgam - Srinagar (about 194 km)
In the morning after having breakfast we drive to Pahalgam. Pahalgam is the popular hill resort of the Kashmir valley. Pahalgam is situated at a height of 7,200 feet. The flora and fauna is good and the scenery in Pahalgam is captivating. It is from Pahalgam that the pilgrims often take a Amarnath Yatra. In Pahalgam one can have a walk to Baisaren, which is about 2 km from Pahalgam. A small village, set in pine and fir forest is pleasing and offers good view. After visiting Pahalgam we drive back to Srinagar.
Srinagar - Sonamarg - Srinagar (about 170 km)
In the morning we drive to Sonamarg. Sonamarg, a small but uniquely beautiful hill resort, is located on the Ladakh road. Sonamarg means the golden meadow. It derives its name from the golden colour of its massed spring flowers. The main attraction in Sonamarg are the Bisansar Lake and Krishnasar Lake. These two beautiful lakes adds to the beauty of Sonamarg. The Krishnasar Lake is famous for the Trout fishing. After visiting Sonamarg we drive back to Srinagar.
Srinagar - Gulmarg - Srinagar (about 120 km)
In the morning after having breakfast drive to Gulmarg, the Meadow of Flowers. In Gulmarg you would be able to find European surroundings and 18-hole Golf Course. During the British Raj, Gulmarg hosted the Britishers and Europeans and these Britishers created a European hill resort. The slopes of Gulmarg make it Asia's only heli-skiing resort. There are immense beauty and adventure activities that make Gulmarg much more than a cool hill resort. In Gulmarg while walking along the circular path you only have to look down to have a complete view of the valley and Srinagar. You can also have a fine view of Nanga Parbat, the naked mountain which is over 26,000 feet and dominates the entire region. Rest of the day at leisure in Gulmarg to enjoy the beautiful surroundings. In the evening drive back to Srinagar.
In the morning after having breakfast we visit the Jami Masjid. This mosque built in 1402 is the largest mosque in Kashmir. After visiting this mosque we also visit another mosque in Kashmir which is known as Shah Hamdan mosque. The pagoda like Shah Hamdan mosque on the Naseem Lake claims to have relic the sacred hair of the Prophet Mohammed. Made entirely of wood, the mosque is named after the saint who is credited with the peaceful conversion of millions of Hindu into Islam. In the afternoon we drive back to houseboat.
Srinagar - Yousmarg - Srinagar (about 100 km)
Today we drive to Yousmarg. Yousmarg is one of the captivating meadows of Kashmir, situated at an elevation of 7,500 feet above sea-level. Yousmarg is not just a meadow but a cluster of meadows bounded by magnificent trees in the lap of Pir Panjal mountain range. In Yousmarg you can ride on pony in the meadows. After visiting Yousmarg we drive back to Srinagar.
In the morning transfer to airport or railway station for the onwards journey.
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation in double room on twin sharing basis with bath and WC in the chosen category in the houseboat in Srinagar for 7 nights.
- Exclusions -
- Unspecified Meals etc.
- Extras -
- Given cost if on per person basis on minimum two travelers. There is discount available between April and September. Please write us to receive more details !
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Srinagar
- Budget Tour Packages Kashmir - 5 days from 8444 INR
- Kashmir Tour - 7 days from 9999 INR
- Kashmir Intensive Tour - 14 days from 1751 USD
- Kashmir and Rajasthan Tour - 12 days from 1240 USD
- Vacations in Kashmir - 12 days from 1480 USD
- Valley of Kashmir Tour - 6 days from 827 USD
- Kashmir with Amarnath - 8 days from 1067 USD
- Gardens of Kashmir - 8 days from 1250 USD
- Kashmir and Zoji La Tour - 8 days from 1056 GBP
- Kashmir Honeymoon Tour - 6 days from 839 GBP
- Houseboats of Kashmir - 6 days from 836 USD
- Travel to Kashmir - 6 days from 818 USD
- Short Tour of Kashmir - 6 days from 811 USD
- River Rafting on Ganges Tour - 11 days from 485 USD
- Skiing Tour in Gulmarg - 9 days from 786 USD
Email the tour operator - Holidays in Kashmir
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.