Gardens of Kashmir
- Price from:
- 1250 USD /person
- 0091 98291 53949
- 0091 0141 2622098
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 8 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- German, English, Hindi
Last updated: 07/15/2007
Srinagar has been described by some visitors as the Venice of the East and Kashmir as the Switzerland of Asia. Srinagar is the land of soaring snow clad mountains, sparkling waterfalls, Shikaras.
In the morning arrive at Srinagar airport or railway station. Srinagar has been described by some visitors as the Venice of the East. This beautiful city was established by Emperor Ashoka some 2300 years ago. A unique charm of Srinagar is its 1300 or more houseboats, the floating little hotels on the edge of the Dal Lake. Upon arrival you will be met by representative and transferred to one of this house boat on Dal Lake. Rest of the day free for leisure to explore the beautiful surroundings in Srinagar.
Today we start our sightseeing in Srinagar. In the morning we visit the famous Mughal gardens in Srinagar. First of all we will visit the Chashma Shahi. Chashma Shahi means the Royal Spring and is dedicated to the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan. The spring waters are believed to have curative properties. After visiting the Chashma Shahi we visit the Nishat and Shalimar Mughal Gardens. Both these Mughal gardens are built on a symmetrical plan of central waterways with fountains dividing a series of gardened terraces. In the evening we visit the Shankaracharya Temple. This temple is located on a sharp hill, 1,000 feet high and houses a small temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. It was built in memory of the great Shankaracharya who came to Kashmir from Kerala to revive Hinduism. From the top of the hills, you would be able to have a panoramic view of the Kashmir Valley. After visiting the temple we drive back to our house boat.
Srinagar - Kargil (about 204 km)
In the morning after having breakfast we drive to Kargil. On the way we will cross Zoji La pass which is situated at a height of 3529 mts. Zoji La marks the boundary between Kashmir and Ladakh. This pass is sometimes blocked by snow each year. On Zoji La pas there is one way traffic, so we have to wait for traffic controller announcement for crossing Zoji La. In the evening we reach Drass which is the second coldest inhabited places in the world. After reaching Drass we drive further towards Kargil. Kargil is situated in Suru Valley where the Suru river flows and meets the Indus at a place called Marul. Upon arrival transferred to Hotel.
Kargil - Suru Valley - Kargil (about 200 km)
In the morning after breakfast leave for Suru valley. Suru valley is the place where the majority of Shia Muslims resides and is the base of the Nun peak (7135 m) and Kun peak (7085 m) which are the highest peaks in India. In the evening drive back to Kargil.
Kargil - Srinagar (about 204 km)
In the early morning we drive to Srinagar. Upon arrival in Srinagar you will be transferred to house boat for overnight stay.
This day free for leisure in Srinagar.
Srinagar - Gulmarg - Srinagar (about 120 km)
In the morning after having breakfast drive to Gulmarg, the Meadow of Flowers. In Gulmarg you would be able to find European surroundings and 18-hole Golf Course. During the British Raj, Gulmarg hosted the Britishers and Europeans and these Britishers created a European hill resort. In Gulmarg while walking along the circular path you only have to look down to have a complete view of the valley and Srinagar. You can also have a fine view of Nanga Parbat, the naked mountain which is over 26,000 feet and dominates the entire region. Rest of the day at leisure in Gulmarg to enjoy the beautiful surroundings. In the evening drive back to Srinagar.
In the morning transfer to airport or railway station for the onwards journey.
- Inclusions -
- American / Continental Breakfast.
- Exclusions -
- Unspecified Meals etc.
- Extras -
- Given cost if on per person basis on minimum two travelers. There is discount available between April and September. Please write us to receive more details !
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Srinagar
- Budget Tour Packages Kashmir - 5 days from 8444 INR
- Kashmir Tour - 7 days from 9999 INR
- Kashmir Intensive Tour - 14 days from 1751 USD
- Kashmir and Rajasthan Tour - 12 days from 1240 USD
- Vacations in Kashmir - 12 days from 1480 USD
- Holidays in Kashmir - 10 days from 1288 USD
- Valley of Kashmir Tour - 6 days from 827 USD
- Kashmir with Amarnath - 8 days from 1067 USD
- Kashmir and Zoji La Tour - 8 days from 1056 GBP
- Kashmir Honeymoon Tour - 6 days from 839 GBP
- Houseboats of Kashmir - 6 days from 836 USD
- Travel to Kashmir - 6 days from 818 USD
- Short Tour of Kashmir - 6 days from 811 USD
- River Rafting on Ganges Tour - 11 days from 485 USD
- Skiing Tour in Gulmarg - 9 days from 786 USD
Email the tour operator - Gardens of Kashmir
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.