Hidden Himachal Pradesh Spiti
- Price from:
- 9999 INR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 11/24/2007
"Surely the gods live here,This place is no place for man."Rudyard Kipling described what he saw here with these words..
His description of this destination in Himachal does not need to be updated...
Arrival Kaza & check in at The Spiti Valley Camp Retreat.
Post lunch visit the Kye Monastery. It is situated 12 kms. north of Kaza and serves the western population of Spiti. It is the oldest and biggest monastery of the valley and located at (4116 m) above Kye village. It houses beautiful scriptures and paintings of Budha and other goddesses. Lamas practice dance, sing and play on pipes and horns. Many Lamas get religious training here. It has murals and books of high aesthetic value.
Dinner & overnight at Spiti.
Spiti:Visit Tabo Monastery: It is another big gompa for serving the population of eastern side. It belongs to the tenth century and is located 50 kms. from kaza. It is a famous gompa next to Tholing Gompa in Tibet. It has about 60 Lamas and a large collection of Scriptures, wall paintings etc. Murals of this gompa have a great similarity to that of the Ajanta paintings.
Later vist Dhankar Gompa.It is situated about 25 kms. east of Kaza and serves eastern part of central Spiti. Dhankar is a big village and erstwhile capital of Spiti Kingdom. On top of a hill there is a fort which use to be the prison in olden times. The Monastery has about 100 Lamas and is in position of Budhist scriptures in Bhoti language. Principal figure is a Statue of " Vairochana" (Dhayan Budha) consisting of 4 complete figures seated back to back. It has relics in the shape of paintings and sculptures.
Dinner & Overnight at Spiti
Visit Kibber(4205 m). It is locally known as Khyipur, one of the highest villages in the world at an altitude of 4205 m above sea level in a narrow valley surrounded by mountains from all sides.
Also visit The Pin Valley National Park.
Dinner & overnight at Spiti.
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation at your mountain retreat or Spiti Valley Camp Retreat with all meals & refreshments alongwith 4x4 vehicle at disposal & pick up/drop from / at Manali.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Spiti Valley
- Spiti Valley Tour - 7 days from 15000 INR
- Himalayan Jeep Safari In India Manali To Spiti & Sangla - 9 days from 15500 INR
Email the tour operator - Hidden Himachal Pradesh Spiti
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.