Shimla Kasauli Tour
- Price from:
- 8888 INR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 10/19/2007
The much-used term of `time warp' takes on a whole new meaning when applied to the pretty little hill town of Kasauli & combined with the tour to Shimla this makes for an awesome nature getaway..
Arrival Shimla & Sightseeing
Arrival Shimla, the former Summer capital of British India. Check into your hotel. Shimla unfolds nature's generous bounty in the form of awesome snow ranges that hold oak & rhododendron forests. A walk down the infamous Shimla mall , by all means the best mall road which is a center now of all hill stations in India. All visitors to Shimla inevitably walk down the Mall, the main promenade that runs along the top of the ridge - a busy shopping area with old colonial buildings , souvenir shops and restaurants. At the top end of the Mall is Scandal Point, a large open square with a view of the town - a favorite rendezvous for visitors and the local people. Overlooking it is the elegant Christ Church with its fine stained glass windows. The labyrinth of Shimla's bazaars spill over the edge of the Mall. Visit the Viceregal Lodge, the state museum & Jakhu hills. Housed in the Gothic splendor of the Viceregal Lodge is the Indian Institute of Advanced studies, India's premier academy for higher research. Very close to the Institute, in a colonial building set in spacious lawns, is the museum. It has collections of Pahari miniatures, stone sculpture, local handicrafts, textiles and embroidery. The steep climb to Jakhoo Hill, Shimla's highest point, is rewarding for superb views of the town and its surroundings. At the top is an old Hanuman temple. Evening at leisure at the Mall. Dinner & Overnight in Shimla.
Day 02 : Visit Kufri,Chail & Fagu
Post breakfast visit to Chail. Chail was created by the Maharaja of Patiala as a summer capital after his expulsion from Shimla. Set in 75 acres of land including orchards, tennis courts & cottages, Chail Palace makes for a perfect setting for a Royal luncheon , enjoying splendid views. Later take a nature walk along the thick deodar forests. Also visit the worlds highest cricket ground built here in 1893. Later embark on an exciting excursion to Kufri, which is a 30-minute drive from Shimla. It is a tiny hill station, famous for its trekking and hiking trails. Adventure-seeking travelers flock to Kufri in winters to enjoy skiing and tobogganing along its snow-covered slopes. Kufri is also famous for its nature parks and picnic spots. Kufri's proximity to Shimla makes it an important place on the tourist circuit of the state. Also visit the Indira Gandhi Holiday Home and Fagu. Explore the nature trails and visit fruit orchards. Evening return to Shimla. Dinner & overnight in Shimla.
Shimla / Kasauli :Drive to Kasauli post breakfast. Arrive Kasauli & check in to your mountain resort.
The British came to Kasauli during the days of the Raj, and although they've gone, they've left behind more than a mere hint of their presence- in the quiet cobbled streets, the flower-filled gardens fronting gabled bungalows, the lovely churches around Kasauli. The bustle of Shimla, just 77 km away, seems almost part of another time zone.
Post breakfast is at leisure to explore the picturesque surroundings of your retreat.
Post lunch an excursion to the Monkey point.Kasauli is low on sights, but at the top of the list is definitely Monkey Point, named for the Hindu god Hanuman, a temple to whom marks the spot.
The view from Monkey Point- over the Sutlej River- is stupendous.
Later visit Kasauli's two churches- the somewhat unassuming Baptist Church (dating back to 1922) and the imposing neo-gothic Christ Church, with its stained glass windows- merit a visit.
Dinner & overnight at Kasauli
Kasauli : Post breakfast commence sightseeing tour.
visit to the Krishna Bhavan Mandir, a temple built in 1926 and as European in appearance as Kasauli's churches.
Also worth the experience are the walks around Kasauli- especially along the Lower Mall and the Upper Mall, and visits to nearby places such as Sabathu, a quiet cantonment town with an old Gurkha fort; and Dharampur, a picturesque hamlet.
Dinner & overnight at Kasauli.
Departure post breakfast for onward destination.
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation with all taxes & breakfast + dinner at a premium mountain resort with all excursions by a private vehicle
- Exclusions -
- Any other expenses of personal nature
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Shimla
- Off Roads - 8 days from 27000 INR
- Shimla The Queen of Hills - 13 days from 25499 INR
- Holiday Tour Packages Shimla - 3 days from 3333 INR
- Economical package tours Himachal Pradesh - 3 days from 4444 INR
- New Years Eve Packages Shimla - 2 days from 5500 INR
- Himachal Pradesh The Apple Land of India - 6 days from 3500 INR
- Himachal Pradesh Hideaways - 4 days from 35000 INR
- Cottage stay in Shimla - 4 days from 12000 INR
- Shimla Naldehra Tour - 5 days from 8888 INR
- Shimla Chail Tour - 5 days from 8888 INR
- Shimla Kufri Tour - 5 days from 8888 INR
- Kinnaur valley tour - 7 days from 350 EUR
- Shimla Kullu Manali Tour - 8 days from 13333 INR
- Camping At Shoghi Shimla - 6 days from 415 USD
- Himachal Calling - 13 days from 67 INR
- Shimla Calling - 5 days from 25 INR
- Best Himachal Tour - 12 days from 1350 USD
- Explore Shimla - 3 days from 2500 INR
- Special Honeymoon Tour for shimla kullu manali rothang pass - 6 days from 8500 INR
- Honeymoon In Shimla - 5 days from 12444 INR
Email the tour operator - Shimla Kasauli Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.