Shimla Chail Tour
- Price from:
- 8888 INR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 10/19/2007
This tour of Shimla replete in history & nature alongwith Chail,just 43 kms from the maddening pace of Shimla ,an idyllic mountain retreat happily isolated from the rest of Himachal,promises a treat!
Arrival Shimla & Sightseeing
Arrival Shimla, the former Summer capital of British India. Check into your hotel. Shimla unfolds nature's generous bounty in the form of awesome snow ranges that hold oak & rhododendron forests. A walk down the infamous Shimla mall , by all means the best mall road which is a center now of all hill stations in India. All visitors to Shimla inevitably walk down the Mall, the main promenade that runs along the top of the ridge - a busy shopping area with old colonial buildings , souvenir shops and restaurants. At the top end of the Mall is Scandal Point, a large open square with a view of the town - a favorite rendezvous for visitors and the local people. Overlooking it is the elegant Christ Church with its fine stained glass windows. The labyrinth of Shimla's bazaars spill over the edge of the Mall. Visit the Viceregal Lodge, the state museum & Jakhu hills. Housed in the Gothic splendor of the Viceregal Lodge is the Indian Institute of Advanced studies, India's premier academy for higher research. Very close to the Institute, in a colonial building set in spacious lawns, is the museum. It has collections of Pahari miniatures, stone sculpture, local handicrafts, textiles and embroidery. The steep climb to Jakhoo Hill, Shimla's highest point, is rewarding for superb views of the town and its surroundings. At the top is an old Hanuman temple. Evening at leisure at the Mall. Dinner & Overnight in Shimla.
Visit Naldhera,Mashobra & Tattapani
Post breakfast visit Mashobra & Naldhera. About 11 kms from Shimla, the small village of Mashobra has some pleasant walks, including one to Sipi, where there is a fair and a wooden temple dedicated to Shiva. 15 kms further north, at an altitude of 2050m, Naldehra is a pleasant little village. It is mostly famous for having one of the oldest and highest golf courses in India. There is even a temple, the Mahunag Mandir, in the middle of the course. Visit the hot sulphur springs at Tattapani. Return to Shimla in the evening. Explore the mall for souvenir shopping. Dinner & Overnight in Shimla
Shimla / Chail :Arrival Chail : Arrival Chail & check -in at your mountain retreat.Post breakfast at lesure to explore the picturesque environs at Chail.
The flamboyant Maharaja Bhupinder Singh of Patiala built Chail as his 'summer capital' when he was banned from Shimla after a clash with the British in 1891. Never one to be left behind, the Maharaja conjured up his very own Xanadu, the Chail Palace, a magnificent mansion in surroundings that overshadowed any resort the British commanded. Chail is built on three hills - the palace on Rajgarh Hill, the British Residency on Pandhewa Hill and Sadh Tiba is the third hill.
The drive to Chail is scenic, winding around the gorgeous valleys of Kandaghat, past forests thick with foliage and fruit laden orchards. Along the entire journey, you are aware that Chail stands apart from other Himachal hill stations in its majesty and location. When you finally reach Chail, you are rewarded with a spectacular view of the Himalayas. The twinkling lights of Shimla and Kasauli are clearly visible and Chail overlooks the Satluj Valley.
Dinner & overnight at Chail.
Chail : Post breakfast commence sightseeing tour with a picnic lunch to Sadhupul village on the way to Kandagahat.
Later visit the world's highest cricket pitch and polo ground at 2,444 m - Chail's best known attraction. Wander off into the woods for a peaceful walk or do a more strenuous hike up the hillside, try some angling in the river nearby or go horse riding on the narrow trail around the hill. Kids will enjoy the tiny wildlife sanctuary with ghoral, sambhar, cheer pheasants and red jungle fowl for company.
Dinner & overnight at Chail.
Post breakfast departure for onward destination.
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation with breakfast , dinner & all taxes at premier mountain resorts & all excursions as per itinerary by a private car
- Exclusions -
- Any other expenses of a personal nature
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Shimla
- Off Roads - 8 days from 27000 INR
- Shimla The Queen of Hills - 13 days from 25499 INR
- Holiday Tour Packages Shimla - 3 days from 3333 INR
- Economical package tours Himachal Pradesh - 3 days from 4444 INR
- New Years Eve Packages Shimla - 2 days from 5500 INR
- Himachal Pradesh The Apple Land of India - 6 days from 3500 INR
- Himachal Pradesh Hideaways - 4 days from 35000 INR
- Cottage stay in Shimla - 4 days from 12000 INR
- Shimla Naldehra Tour - 5 days from 8888 INR
- Shimla Kasauli Tour - 5 days from 8888 INR
- Shimla Kufri Tour - 5 days from 8888 INR
- Kinnaur valley tour - 7 days from 350 EUR
- Shimla Kullu Manali Tour - 8 days from 13333 INR
- Camping At Shoghi Shimla - 6 days from 415 USD
- Himachal Calling - 13 days from 67 INR
- Shimla Calling - 5 days from 25 INR
- Best Himachal Tour - 12 days from 1350 USD
- Explore Shimla - 3 days from 2500 INR
- Special Honeymoon Tour for shimla kullu manali rothang pass - 6 days from 8500 INR
- Honeymoon In Shimla - 5 days from 12444 INR
Email the tour operator - Shimla Chail Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.