- Price from:
- 350 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 7 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 11.00 pm
- End time:
- 11.00 pm
- We Speak:
- English, Hindi
Last updated: 12/04/2006
This tour takes you to Kaziranga National Park- to see the one horned Rhinoceros, Guwahati the Gateway City to North-East of India and to Shillong, home of the Khasi Highland tribe, also known as the
Arrival at Guwahati
You arrive in Guwahati by flight. After a traditional 'Swagat' (Welcome) our representatives would assist you at the airport and to our hotel for check in. Overnight stay at Guwahati.
Guwahati-Kaziranga National Park
After breakfast visit Kamakhya Temple, a Major Hindu Pilgrimage site. During the festival of Ambubashi more than a million devotees throng this holy place. Return to hotel after paying homage to the mother goddess Kamakhya and drive on to famous Kaziranga National park (220 kms 4 hrs drive). Check into a Jungle resort on arrival. In the afternoon visit nearby Tea Estate. Evening cultural show at Guwahati. Stay overnight at Kaziranga.
Early morning (5:30 am) explore central Range of Kaziranga National Park on Elephant Safari. On return explore the eastern range on a jeep safari. Return for lunch and proceed to Western Range of Kaziranga National Park on jeep. Stay overnight at Kaziranga.
After an early morning breakfast drive to Shillong (280 kms 6 hrs drive). Have Lunch en-route at Borapani Umiam Lake, a majestic placid lake with its surrounding sylvan hills. Check in at your hotel. In the afternoon visit the local market. Stay Overnight at your hotel in Shillong.
Shillong: Cherrapunjee, Waterfalls, Cave, Lake
After breakfast drive to Cherrapunjee (60 kms 1and 1/2 hr), the wettest place in the world. The beautiful waterfall-Noh-ka-likai is at Cherrapunjee you can also explore some of the caves in and around Cherrapunjee. Return to Shillong, en-route visit Elephanta falls and Shillong peak for some breathtaking views. Stay overnight at your hotel in Shillong.
Shillong-Guwahati: Ward lake, Hydari Park
Morning sightseeing at Shillong, visit Ward Lake and Hydari Park. Admire the beauty of Shillong, also called Scotland of the East. It is erstwhile capital of undivided Assam and present Northeast and home to the Khasi highland tribes. After lunch drive back to Guwahati (100 kms). In the evening take a cruise on Mighty Brahmaputra River. Stay overnight at your hotel in Guwahati.
- Extras -
- Places Covered : Guwahati - Kaziranga - Shillong-Guwahati
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Shillong
- Caving & Trekking - 7 days from 350 USD
Email the tour operator - Green Triangle
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.