Caving & Trekking
- Price from:
- 350 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 7 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 12.00 am
- End time:
- 11.00 pm
- We Speak:
- English, Hindi
Last updated: 12/04/2006
In this tour we go caving inside Krem Mawmluh, a seven Km long cave and also trek to Living root Double decked bridge at Cherrapunjee.Hills of Meghalaya are home to some of the deepest caves of South.
Arrival at Guwahati
You arrive in Guwahati by flight. After a traditional 'Swagat' (Welcome) our representatives would assist you at the airport and to our hotel for check in.
After breakfast visit Kamakhya Temple, a Major Hindu Pilgrimage site.
After an early breakfast visit Kamakhya Temple. During the festival of Ambubashi more than a million devotees throng this holy place. Return to hotel after paying homage to the mother goddess Kamakhya. Drive on to Cherrapunjee (170 Kms), the wettest region in the world receiving highest rainfall. Visiting en- route Borapani Umiam Lake, a majestic placid lake with its surrounding sylvan hills Overnight stay in Cherrapunjee.
Explore Krem Mawmluh Cave.
This cave is located half a km west of Cherrapunjee adjacent to the small hamlet of Mawmluh. The cave has five-river passage with impressive proportions. The cave has a length of over seven Kms. Also visit the Waterfalls of Cherrapunjee. Stay overnight at Cherrapunjee resort.
After an early morning breakfast walk to the Double Decker Living Root Bridge,
An engineering marvel of Indigenous Khasi Tribesmen. Who weaved the routes of the ereca tree to make bridges across streams. Return to Chera Tourist Resort after a picnic lunch at the bridge. Evening at leisure to experience the breathtaking views of the Khasi hills and the plains of Bangladesh Stay overnight at Cherrapunjee resort.
After breakfast drive to Shillong; also called 'Scotland of the East".
En-route visit Elephanta falls and Shillong peak for some breathtaking views. Stay overnight at Shillong.
Morning sightseeing at Shillong,
Admire the beauty of Shillong. It is erstwhile capital of undivided Assam; present North-East and home to the Khasi Highland tribes. Stay overnight at Shillong.
- Extras -
- Hills of Meghalaya are home to some of the longest and deepest caves in South Asia. In this tour we go caving inside Krem Mawmluh, a seven Km long cave and also trek to Living root Double decked bridge at Cherrapunjee.Places Covered : Guwahati - Cherrapunjee - Krem Mawmluh Cave - Shillong
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Shillong
- Green Triangle - 7 days from 350 USD
Email the tour operator - Caving & Trekking
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.