Valley Of Flowers Trek
- Walking / Hiking
- Price from:
- 18000 INR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 6 days
- 6 hours
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 06.00 am
- End time:
- 03.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 10/19/2006
The valley of flowers is an enchanting sight with an impressive array of rare wildflowers & small multicolored flowers with the backdrop of snowclad peak,waterfalls, meadows & gurgling brooks...
Day 01 : Rishikesh - Joshimath
Post breakfast leave for Joshimath by car. On the way visit Rudra prayag where Mandakini and Alaknanda rivers meet. On arrival at Joshimath, check in hotel. Dinner & Night Halt.
Day 02 : Joshimath - Ghangaria
Early morning at 0600 hrs we leave from Joshimath for Govindghat, which is the starting point for the trek. From Govind ghat there is a gradual ascent along a well - maintained pilgrim trail to the camp at Ghangaria - the base from where day walks can be made into the valley of flowers. After a light breakfast, 14 km trek up to Ghangaria. Dinner & Night halt at Camp. ( All meals at camp ).
Day 03 : Ghangaria - Valley Of Flowers - Ghangria
After breakfast 4 km trek to Valley Of Flowers (3858 m ) from Ghangaria. The valley is an enchanting sight with an impressive array of rare wildflowers like brahma kamal, fane Kamal with range of small multicolored flowers make it a delight for travelers. The snowclad peaks including Nilgiri Parbat (6474 m) stand in bold relief against the skyline. The valley is 10 kms long, 2 kms wide, and is divided by the Pushpawati stream, into which several tiny streams and waterfalls merge. After enjoying the beauty of valley we come back to Ghangaria. Dinner & Night halt at camp. ( Pack lunch and dinner ).
Day 04 : Ghangaria - Hemkundsahib - Ghangaria
After breakfast 6 km trek to Hemkundsahib (4329 m) from Ghangaria. This is quite a steep climb. In the Sikh holy book, the Granth Sahib, the Sikh Guru Gobind Singh recounts that in a previous life, he meditated on the shores of a lake surrounded by seven snowcapped mountains now recognized by Hemkund. We visit Lake & Gurudwara. Again 6 km trek back to Ghangaria. Dinner & Night halt at camp. ( All meals )
Day 05 : Ghangaria - Joshimath
After breakfast leave for Govindghat on the trek of 14 kms and reach Govind ghat by afternoon and drive back to Joshimath after that. Check into your hotel on arrival and relax. One can also visit Auli in the evening. overnight at hotel. ( breakfast and lunch ).
Day 06: Joshimath - Rishikesh
Early morning we leave with packed breakfast from Joshimath for Rishikesh. Tour ends.
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation in first class hotels & camping tents
- Exclusions -
- Expenses of personal nature
- Extras -
- Easy to moderate trek.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Rishikesh
- Religious Hiking - from 600 INR
- Tungnath Chandershilla Chopta Trek - 4 days from 1200 INR
- 02 Days Kayaking Primer - 2 days from 2500 INR
- River Rafting - 2 days from 1300 INR
- River Rafting in Ganges Rishikesh - 6 days from 375 USD
- A Great Yoga & Meditation Tour - 11 days from 999 USD
- Kayaking Course Grade I - 3 days from 3500 INR
- White Water Kayaking Course Grade II - 3 days from 4500 INR
- Mountain Cycling in Garhwal, Uttaranchal INDIA - 3 days from 8500 INR
- River Rafting On The Ganges In Rishikesh & Camping In Mussoorie - 3 days from 9999 INR
Email the tour operator - Valley Of Flowers Trek
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.