Mountain Cycling in Garhwal, Uttaranchal INDIA
- Price from:
- 8500 INR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 3 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 06.00 am
- End time:
- 10.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 04/21/2007
Cycling Trip near Rishikesh !!
By KATABATIC Adventure Sports Pvt Ltd
Cycle on the ancient pilgrim route to Badrinath.. camping enroute as you relish the sceneries of Garhwal
Participants arrive at Haridwar Railway station, road travel to Deoprayag. After a short briefing at Deoprayag, participants are introduced to the mountain cycles which are to be used by them on the trip. The team would comprise of 5-7 participants on mountain bikes, and a supporting vehicle which will carry all camping gear, rations, spares etc.
Expected cycling would be of about 3-4 hours with enroute picnic style lunch. Camp would be setup ahead of Beas Ghat. Lively bonfire and barbeque etc would be the norm and all participant involvement is necessary to get the best.
Wakeup to the sounds of nature. The surroundings are pure. With hardly any vehicles running on this route, the peace would be overwhelming. Camp wind up happens in parallel, while breakfast is organised. After a nourishing breakfast, participants embark on the second day of their adventure, through meadows and forests in the Pauri Garhwal area.
Cycling time of about 4 hours would take the team through a spectrum of sceneries spanning from small garhwali villages to forests. Set up camp around 4 pm in evening.
The last day of the trip will see the participants weave through the green hills. The path will open up again besides the Ganges. The journey ends at Rishikesh where they would pass through the town and cross over the Suspension bridge to arrive at Tapovan. After a short snacks break, the team would be driven to a resort at Raiwala where they would celebrate the successful finish of the enchanting travel, and would share ( and re-share ) the memories. A hearty dinner later, the participants would be dropped at Haridwar Railway station to board overnight train to Delhi
- Inclusions -
- Hi Quality Cycles and associated gear
- Extras -
- Delhi to Haridwar and back can be suggested to be done by train.
The group departs with minimum 5 and maximum 7 participants.
Advance booking is necessary ( at least 20 days in advance )
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Rishikesh
- Religious Hiking - from 600 INR
- Tungnath Chandershilla Chopta Trek - 4 days from 1200 INR
- 02 Days Kayaking Primer - 2 days from 2500 INR
- River Rafting - 2 days from 1300 INR
- River Rafting in Ganges Rishikesh - 6 days from 375 USD
- A Great Yoga & Meditation Tour - 11 days from 999 USD
- Kayaking Course Grade I - 3 days from 3500 INR
- White Water Kayaking Course Grade II - 3 days from 4500 INR
- Valley Of Flowers Trek - 6 days from 18000 INR
- River Rafting On The Ganges In Rishikesh & Camping In Mussoorie - 3 days from 9999 INR
Email the tour operator - Mountain Cycling in Garhwal, Uttaranchal INDIA
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.