Offbeat Excursions Himachal Pradesh
- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 4000 INR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 11/14/2007
Rewalsar Lake, an offbeat excursion in Himachal Pradesh is located 24 kms from Mandi town, an ideal night out excursion from The Solang Valley Camp Retreat located 13 kms uphill from Manali....
Arrival Rewalsar Lake from The Solang Valley Camp Retreat, Manali & check in at your mountain retreat near the Lake.
This lake is known for its floating island. There is a story behind the formation of this lake. The legend goes that princess Mandarva, the daughter of king 'Arshadhara' of Zahor ( tibetian name of Mandi ) resolved to announce her loyal ties and dedicated herself to the religious order. The king agreed and she took her bows before a Buddhist scholar named 'Shantarakshita' ( believed to be the brother of Padmasambhava ). Padmasambhava having observed that she was a dedicated pupil, came through the air from 'Uddiyana' and appeared in person to give her teachings. A cowherd who saw all this spread the words that he had seen the princes with Charlatan.
The news aroused King's wrath. He thought that his daughter has broken the vow by flirting with a man. On King's order, the princess was put in a deephole in the earth full of thorns and Padmasambhava was taken out to a secluded place, tied to a wooden pyre which was then set on fire. When the smoke did not clearoff for a week, the King visited the spot and found to his surprise that the place had turned into a Lake with Lotus in the centre. Padmasambhava had menifested himself. Repenting king offered him his kingdom and princess Mandarva was married to him. Rewalsar is known as 'Padmacan' to the Buddhist which means 'Lotus Possessing' and is considered the place, where the spirit of Padmasambhava rests.
Dinner & overnight at Rewalsar Lake.
Post breakfast departure from Rewalsar Lake to Prashar Lake Camp Retreat or Solang Valley Camp Retreat.
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation at your mountain retreat with all taxes & meals including 4x4 vehicle transport from Solang Valley Camp Retreat
- Exclusions -
- Expenses of personal nature
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Rewalsar Lake
Email the tour operator - Offbeat Excursions Himachal Pradesh
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.