Sightseeing Tour Ranikhet
- Price from:
- 4444 INR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 10/17/2007
In midst of dense pine forests in the Kumaon Hills of Uttaranchal is the sylvan cantonment town of Ranikhet exuding an old world charm with graceful churches,sprawling colonial bungalows & orchards...
Arrival Ranikhet : Arrive Ranikhet & check in at your mountain retreat.At a height of 1,829 metres, the ridge tops of Ranikhet are good vantage points for panoramic vistas of Himalayan peaks including the Nanda Devi group. From the luxuriant fruit orchards of Chaubatia, 10 km beyond the Mall, you can get a sweeping view of the Himalayas, especially the peaks of Nanda Devi, Trisul, Nanda Ghunti and Neelkanth. Ranikhet is the starting point for a number of exciting treks into the Himalayas. The fabled Jhula Devi temple dedicated to Goddess Shakti and an ancient shrine dedicated to Rama lie on the outskirts of town. Enjoy a refreshing walk through the mall & visit the temple shrines. Evening is at leisure.Dinner & overnights at Ranikhet.
Ranikhet : Post breakfast commenmce your sightseeing tour.Bhaludam has an artificial lake that is a picturesque picnic spot. Other places you should see are the lush orchards and herbarium of Kherna, the complex of 55 ancient hill temples of Dwarahat, and the shrine of Durga at Dunagiri. Post lunch enjoy a game of golf at the sprawling natural meadows of the Ranikhet Golf course.Ranikhet has a splendidly maintained 9-hole golf course with a magnificent view of the mountain slopes. So put on your golfing shoes or your walking boots and make tracks to Ranikhet for a happy, fun-filled holiday.Dinner & overnight at Ranikhet.
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation at a luxury mountain resort, all taxes, breakfast & dinner & all sightseeing by private car.
- Exclusions -
- Any other items not specified as above
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Ranikhet
Email the tour operator - Sightseeing Tour Ranikhet
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.