- Price from:
- 1570 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 8 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- Spanish, French, English, German
Last updated: 06/07/2007
Pushkar Fair also known as 'Camel Fair' is the world largest cattle fair held in Pushkar, Rajasthan. The Pushkar Fair is from 17-22nd Nov, 2007.
Day 1 Arrive Delhi
Following your arrival in Delhi at the international airport, welcome and transfer to Hotel Hans Plaza. Overnight at Delhi.
(The hotel room is booked from the afternoon to ensure immediate check-in on arrival.)
Day 2 Delhi > Agra (220 kms/5hrs) [B]
Morning's drive leads you to Agra. On arrival, check-in at Hotel Trident. Even without the incomparable Taj Mahal, Agra would still be a 'must' for visitors to India, and the day is spent seeing the sights. Apart from the Taj, there's the magnificent Agra Fort (another creation of Emperor Akbar) offering gorgeous views from its lofty walls, and the Itmad-ud-Daulah, an exquisite tomb to a Persian adventurer who later became chief minister at Emperor Jehangir's court, and whose grand-daughter Mumtaz married Shah Jehan. Her tomb is, of course, the Taj Mahal.
Day 3 Agra > Jaipur (250 kms/5 hrs) [B, D]
Your drive to Jaipur takes you via Emperor Akbar's deserted city of Fatehpur Sikri, an almost perfectly preserved 400 year-old Mughul capital. After admiring its palaces and pavilions we drive to Jaipur, painted pink to welcome Prince Albert in 1853, and pink still. Arrive and check-in at Hotel Trident. Evening visit to the ethnic village for Rajasthani dinner.
Day 4 Jaipur [Elephant Ride // B]
A full day's program takes you to nearby Amber in your car, then up to the awesome fortress by elephant. You return to Jaipur and visit the museums, palaces and halls within the City Palace (still a royal residence), the Palace of the Winds, and the Jantar Mantar Observatory, constructed to measure 'the harmony of the heavens', a concept dear to Hindus as they believe their fated souls move to its rhythms.
Day 5 Jaipur > Pushkar (150 kms/3 hrs) [B, L, D]
After breakfast, drive to Pushkar to participate in the famous Pushkar fair. Besides, Pushkar is also famous for the Brahama temple and Pushkar Lake. Arrive and check-in luxurious tents at Pushkar Bagh.
Day 6 Pushkar [B, L, D]
Day to enjoy the Pushkar fair and visit to Mela ground. Evening enjoy the culture events like dance and music. Pushkar fair also know as the camel fair is one of the largest fair in the world. Held in the month of November near Kartik Purnima, here you shall see colors, cloths, camels and cattle's. Besides marketing of horses, camels, cows and bulls, there are exhilarating camel-cart races and cultural events. The camels are festooned with ornaments and delightful colors .
Day 7 Pushkar [B, L, D]
Day free for you to enjoy the Pushkar Fair.
Day 8 Pushkar > Delhi (400 kms/7 hrs) [B]
After breakfast, drive to New Delhi for the international flight.
- Inclusions -
- - 1 double occupancy Deluxe room and at Pushkar we shall stay in Luxurious Tents with attach toilets and all the modern amenities
- Exclusions -
- - Any kind of personal expenses such as tips, laundry, telephone bills and alcoholic beverages
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Pushkar
Email the tour operator - Pushkar Fair
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.