Visit to Sinhagad Fort
- Price from:
- 2000 INR /person
- +91 98677 07414
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 07/14/2008
If you like the outdoors, try this half-day tour of the historical Sinhagad Fort and the tranquil Panshet Lake. Pune Magic Tours are the best way of discovering Pune and its surroundings!
What this tour is about: Sinhagad Fort is located 4300 feet above sea level, on the Sahyadri Hills. It is a strategic fort, carefully selected for its proximity to the settlement of Pune, allowing control over important trade routes and offering protection behind its safe walls in times of need. Originally called Kondana, it was renamed the Lion Fort in honour of Shivaji's trusted aide Tanaji Malusare who lost his life in a daring raid on the fort.The summer months (March-June) are too hot to visit Sinhagad, but all other seasons offer great opportunities for a day outdoors. In September-October just after the rains, the hills are carpeted in green, and very scenic. From November through February, the craggy black rock contrasts beautifully with yellow hay and the weather is simply perfect. The monsoon season begins in June, and it is then that the Sahyadris become truly magical, with beautiful waterfalls and lush foliage. Trekkers from Mumbai and Pune head for the Sahyadris to see the hills come alive in the rains.Panshet is a pleasant tranquil lake created in the 1950's by the building of a dam. It supplies drinking water to Pune, and is a popular getaway for residents of Pune.
- Extras -
- Cost: The tour costs Rs.2000/- per person for 4 people, Rs.2500/- per person for 3 people, Rs.3000/- per person for 2 people. Solo travellers pay Rs.5000/-. The price includes well-researched handouts, trained English-speaking guide, air-conditioned car, driver, bottled water and any entrances. What to wear: Please check the weather and dress accordingly - there are wide variations. Sensible shoes are recommended. Do ensure you have adequate sun protection. This is a great tour for those interested in photography.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Pune
- Pune Darshan Tour - from 700 INR
- Pune Darshan Daily Tour - from 1000 INR
- Pune City Sightseeing Tours - from 300 INR
- Pune City Tour Maharashtra India - from 888 INR
- Fort Raigad Tours - 2 days from 1000 INR
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek May 2009 - 16 days from 38000 INR
- Ashtavinayak Package Tour Starting From Pune - 2 days from 1000 INR
- Jyotirlinga Tour in Maharashtra - 5 days from 13900 INR
- Incredible Golden Moments India - 15 days from 1125 USD
- Incredible Taj Mahal Tour - 4 days from 300 USD
- Ashtavinayak Travel Packages Pune India - 2 days from 1000 INR
- Pune Mahabaleshwar Panchagni Khandala Lonavala - 3 days from 2460 INR
- Pune Mahabaleshwar Panchagni Khandala Lonavala Karla and Baja - 3 days from 2460 INR
- Pune Mahabaleshwar Panchagni Khandala Lonavala Karla Mathran - 5 days from 2000 INR
- Pune City Tour - 7 days from 60000 INR
Email the tour operator - Visit to Sinhagad Fort
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.