- Price from:
- 750 INR /person
- 09791815770 / 09894785611
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- Location Start:
- Manakula Vinayakar Temple
- Location Finish:
- Le Cafe, Beach Road
- Start time:
- 08.30 am
- End time:
- 12.30 pm
- We Speak:
- French, English, Hindi, Tamil
Last updated: 11/05/2008
We invite you to join us to discover the essence of Pondicherry. Walk past the majestic French buildings a remnant of the French rule, and traditional Tamil houses.
This half day guided trail will take you into the heart of the city and help you understand the various regions in the town such as the Tamil, French and Muslim areas with their distinct architectural influences.
The old Pondicherry town has a unique charm, which captivates the hearts of visitors. To experience the spirit of Pondicherry it is essential to walk through the old town and closely observe the nature of its architectural traditions.
Pondicherry has two distinct parts, the French and the Tamil. The French quarter has structures in the European classical style, whereas the buildings in the Tamil quarter are in the vernacular style of Tamil Nadu. The two styles have influenced each other with the result that many buildings in both parts of the town are a harmonious blend of European and Tamil architectural patterns.
The walk starts with a visit to a temple and takes you into the various streets and areas of the town, unraveling for you the true spirit of the town, its history, culture, lifestyle and architecture.
We move from the Tamil quarters of the town, bustling with life, to the quieter Muslim quarters with some old mosques and beautiful filigree work on the houses. We then move onto the French quarters of the town, which has an unparalleled charm surrounded with some old churches and majestic French mansions.
We invite you to join us to discover the essence of Pondicherry as we unravel for of the stories surrounding this quaint town.
- Inclusions -
- Lunch or Dinner or a Cultural Event
- Exclusions -
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Pondicherry
Email the tour operator - Heritage Trail
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.