Periyar Eco Lodge
- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 5000 INR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 12.00 pm
- End time:
- 12.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 11/07/2007
Thattekkad Eco Lodge is located on the banks of Periyar River. The camp overlooks the Thattekkad Bird Sanctuary and is an ideal spot for bird lovers and nature enthusiasts.
The activities include kayaking in the Periyar River and soft trek through the sanctuary. The Hornbill Camp has 10 luxury tents with attached bathrooms.
- Inclusions -
- Per night Rs 5000.00 for 2 persons on twin share (includes Full board, plantation visits, kayaking and village cycling)
- Exclusions -
- Per night package. All other expenses and services extra.
- Extras -
- Hornbill camp at Thattekkad near Kochi, perfectly blends into the forest, so you can enjoy your own private jungle and the spectacular view of the river Periyar. Along its banks, birds flock in their thousands and the cool ambience is the ultimate prize for the birder. Known as the Birder's Paradise, the camp and the adjoining Dr. Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary, is home to over 270 species of birds, including all the endemics. Mottled Wood Owl, Spot-bellied Eagle Owl, Malayan Night Heron, Sri Lanka Frogmouth, Rusty-tailed Flycatcher, Grey-headed Bulbul, Nilgiri Wood Pigeon are some of the rarer species found here.
Besides, the camp has a lot to offer for those with a taste for adventure. Periyar is ideal for river kayaking. Trekkers are rewarded with sightings of Elephants during their unique exposure to this lowland rain forest. Staying at the camp one can indulge in a biking adventure through the spice plantations, forest tracts and quaint villages around the camp.
The Hornbill Camp is ideal for travellers in search of an adventure, who will relish the opportunity to get close to nature, and delight in the sounds of the forest.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Periyar
Email the tour operator - Periyar Eco Lodge
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.