Cottage stay in Ooty
- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 12000 INR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 10/26/2007
The green hills,the azure lake, the cascading waterfalls and sparkling brooks at Ooty alongwith a plethora of sightseeing options to be enjoyed from the confines of your luxury cottage
Day 01 : Arrival Ooty : Arrival at Ooty & check in at your mountain cottage.Day at leisure to enjoy the ambience of the surroundings.Post lunch visit the lake & enjoy boating. Dinner & overnight at Ooty.
DAY 02 : Ooty : Post breakfast commence your sightseeing tour with a visit to The Botanical gardens, laid out in 1847.The picturesque gardens that are maintained by the Horticulture department of the state, cover an area of about 22 hectares. The Gardens have well over 650 species of plants and trees, including a fossil of a tree, which is believed to be more than 20 million years old. The garden is very popular with nature lovers and those who long to walk among greenery and see rare ferns and shrubs up close.
Later drive 10 kms off Ooty to visit The Dodabetta Peak which stands at an altitude of 2,623 meters. It is the highest point in the district, making it possibly the best vantage point around Ooty. Many say that on a clear day, which is honestly not that often, one can see far off areas, even the plains of Coimbatore and the flat highlands of Mysore.
Post lunch is at leisure to enjoy fishing at the lake. Dinner & overnight at Ooty.
Day 03 : Full day excursion to Kotagiri : East of Ooty, is a little village of kotagiri, which is about 28km from the popular hill station. Kotagiri is the oldest one of the three hill stations in the Nilgiris. It is not as popular as the other two, Ooty and Coonoor, yet it is said that it probably has the most pleasant weather among the three of them. It is a beautiful hill resort that has wonderful tea estates and is definitely worth a visit.
Also visit Kodanadu about 16kms from Kotagiri, situated on the eastern edge of the Nilgiri range. It is a great vantage point that offers a breathtaking view of the Moyar river and the tea estates. There is a watchtower here that offers a view of the Rangasamy peak.
Dinner & Overnight at Ooty.
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation with all meals at your cottage & sightseeing excursions by a private car
- Exclusions -
- Any other expenses of personal nature
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Ooty
Email the tour operator - Cottage stay in Ooty
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.