Nainital Mukteshwar Tour
- Price from:
- 8888 INR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 10/22/2007
Nainital with panoramic view of Himalayan peaks on one side, the azure lakes on the other topped with lush greenery and Mukteshwar with its heart-stopping vistas of the surroundings - a perfect combo
Delhi - Nainital (300 kms / 6.5 hrs). Leave Delhi at 7 A.M. Reach Nainital : the beautiful lake district of Kumaon - at 1.30 P.M. After settling into hotel, visit the shimmering lake for boating and the bustling mall for local action. Overnight at Nainital. Nainital is a 100 year old hill station is in a valley near Naini Lake - a blue green lake surrounded by hills on all sides and named after Goddess Naini after which the town takes its name. It is a beautiful hill district nestled in the lap of the Central Himalayas in the Kumaon region. It's subtle yet pristine glory is manifested in the lofty snow-capped peaks, green valleys and serene lakes that have tempted lovers of beauty since time immemorial. Nainital also has a 100 year old Raj Bhawan Golf Course for the golf lovers. From sightseeing to boating, golfing to adventure sports, from long walks and soft treks to just unwinding or introspecting : Nainital, in the Kumaon region offers it all. This hill town is a Honeymooner's paradise,a photographer's delight, an artist's dream and a writer's inspiration. After settling into hotel, visit the shimmering lake for boating followed by a walk on the picturesque mall.Dinner &overnight at Nainital.
Nainital:Post breakfast enjoy a pony ride through the mall road.Visit The Church of St. John in the Wilderness, built in 1846 and one of the earliest colonial structures, just beyond Mallital.Later enjoy the ropeway ride from the Mall which leads to the vantage point of Snow View, at a height of 2,270 metres. It At the top there is a viewing area offering a vista of Himalayan peaks. You can amble along the promenade and sit back to enjoy the view at the cafes on the summit. Post lunch enjoy a walk to Dorothy's seat ,dedicated to a British lady who died in a tragic accident. From here you can get a panoramic view of the town below.Dinner & overnight at Nainital.
Nainital /Mukteshwar : Drive to Mukteshwar post breakfast. Arrival Mukteshwar & check in at your mountain retreat.
The town of Mukteshwar is associated with a legend of Shiva who gifted immortality or `mukti' to a demon that he slew.
Mukteshwar was a quiet mountain hamlet till the turn of the last century. It owes much of its present-day status to the Indian Veterinary Research Institute, which possesses a large part of the land and most of the deep forests that surround Mukteshwar.
Rhesus monkeys and langurs jabber in the trees, deer and birds abound, and the occasional mountain leopard and Himalayan black bear can be spotted here. It was in the forests of the Mukteshwar region that Jim Corbett hunted half a dozen of the famous man-eating tigers of Kumaon, including the notorious Champawat Tiger and the Panar leopard that had killed hundreds of people. The evergreen forests and deciduous woodlands are home to the Himalayan ruby throat, white-crested laughing thrush, red-billed leothrix, black winged kite and a host of other mountain birds. The elusive Himalayan Mountain Quail was last seen in the Nainital vicinity near Mukteshwar.
Beyond the forests, past fields and farms are lush fruit orchards that grow apples, plums, peaches, apricots and pears.
From Mukteshwar there is a divine view of the Himalayas, each peak with a sacred identity and myth of its own. See the 6,596 m high Neelkantha (Blue-throated Shiva), the 7,120 m Trishul (Shiva's Trident), Nandadevi, 7817 m (Goddess of Bliss), Nandaghunti, 6,310 m (the Veil of the Goddess) and the five-pronged chimneys of the Panchuli peaks.
Day is at leisure to explore the scenic countryside.Dinner & overnight at Mukteshwar.
Mukteshwar : Post breakfast commemnce your sightseeing tour of this hill retreat.
An awe-inspiring view is the highlight from Chauthi Jali, where rocks jut out from the hill face at a bizarre angle. This is a great place to observe eagles and other feathered scavengers as they swoop down at their prey. Ramgarh, 26 km away, has blissful fruit orchards, Bhowali, 40 km is a health resort and Ghorakhal, 37 km has the Temple of Gollu Devta, an important deity of the Kumaonis.Dinner & overnight at Mukteshwar.
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation at a premium mountain resort with all taxes , breakfast & dinner with all sightseeings by a private car
- Exclusions -
- Any other expenses of personal nature
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Nainital
- Heritage Nainital Tour - 2 days from 4444 INR
- New Years Eve Package Tour - 2 days from 7444 INR
- Cottage stay in Nainital - 3 days from 11000 INR
- Nainital Kausani Tour - 4 days from 8888 INR
- Nainital Ranikhet Tour - 4 days from 8888 INR
- Nainital Almora Tour - 4 days from 8888 INR
- Nainital Binsar Tour - 4 days from 8888 INR
- Nainital Bhimtal Tour - 3 days from 7777 INR
- Honeymoon in Nainital - 5 days from 8888 INR
- Kumaon Tour - 8 days from 13999 INR
Email the tour operator - Nainital Mukteshwar Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.