Nainital Kausani Tour
- Price from:
- 8888 INR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 10/22/2007
A 300 km wide view curves across the Himalayas from Kausani, a breathtakingly beautiful hill station in the Kumaon Hills in Uttaranchal combined with Nainital, sitting pretty with its azure lakes..
Delhi - Nainital (300 kms / 6.5 hrs). Leave Delhi at 7 A.M. Reach Nainital : the beautiful lake district of Kumaon - at 1.30 P.M. After settling into hotel, visit the shimmering lake for boating and the bustling mall for local action. Overnight at Nainital.
Nainital is a 100 year old hill station is in a valley near Naini Lake - a blue green lake surrounded by hills on all sides and named after Goddess Naini after which the town takes its name. It is a beautiful hill district nestled in the lap of the Central Himalayas in the Kumaon region. It's subtle yet pristine glory is manifested in the lofty snow-capped peaks, green valleys and serene lakes that have tempted lovers of beauty since time immemorial. Nainital also has a 100 year old Raj Bhawan Golf Course for the golf lovers.
From sightseeing to boating, golfing to adventure sports, from long walks and soft treks to just unwinding or introspecting : Nainital, in the Kumaon region offers it all. This hill town is a Honeymooner's paradise,a photographer's delight, an artist's dream and a writer's inspiration.
After settling into hotel, visit the shimmering lake for boating followed by a walk on the picturesque mall.Dinner &overnight at Nainital.
Nainital:Post breakfast enjoy a pony ride through the mall road.Visit The Church of St. John in the Wilderness, built in 1846 and one of the earliest colonial structures, just beyond Mallital.Later enjoy the ropeway ride from the Mall which leads to the vantage point of Snow View, at a height of 2,270 metres. It At the top there is a viewing area offering a vista of Himalayan peaks. You can amble along the promenade and sit back to enjoy the view at the cafes on the summit.
Post lunch enjoy a walk to Dorothy's seat ,dedicated to a British lady who died in a tragic accident. From here you can get a panoramic view of the town below.Dinner & overnight at Nainital.
Nainital / Kausani : Post breakfast depart for Kausani by car. Arrival & check in at your mountain resort. Post lunch is at leisure to explore the picturesque surroundings of this quaint little town on foot.
The eye sweeps past dense forests and glowing hills lit up by the setting sun. The panorama unfolds over the snow-covered peaks of Nanda Devi and Trishul, their impenetrable beauty overshadowing the lesser mountains scattered at their feet. At 7,817 mt, Nanda Devi is the second highest peak in India and has exerted a tremendous impact on the cultures and lives of the Kumaoni and Garhwali peoples. Mt. Trishul and Nanda Ghunti hover close by, symbolic of Shiva's trident and his wife's veil.
Besides these heart-stopping views, Kausani offers blissfully undiluted silence and tranquillity. The crisp air in Kausani is laden with the scent of pines. Tea gardens and pear orchards dot the landscape around Kausani while the summer months see a profusion of wild flowers in the valleys. Kausani itself is perched on a narrow ridge on Pingnath Peak, overlooking mountain vistas, while the rivers Gomti and Kosi flank the town.
Dinner & overnight at Kausani.
Kausani : Post breakfast visit the Anasakti Ashram.
Kausani has had many moments in the sun - as the birthplace of Hindi poet Krishna Nandan Pant, and again as the hill station where Mahatma Gandhi spent some happy days in 1929. Gandhiji stayed at the Anasakti Ashram, where he explored the Anasakti Yoga. The Ashram at Kausani used to be a guesthouse in a tea estate, and is now a research centre and library. A Gandhi memorial has been erected here and evening prayers are said in the main hall. There is a regular flow of pilgrims trying to combine a glimpse of the sanctum with a view of the spectacular sunset.
Post lunch is at leisure to explore the town on ponies or foot.
Dinner & overnight at Kausani.
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation at premium mountain resorts with breakfast, dinner & all taxes with all excursions as per itinerary with private car
- Exclusions -
- Any other expenses of personal nature
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Nainital
- Heritage Nainital Tour - 2 days from 4444 INR
- New Years Eve Package Tour - 2 days from 7444 INR
- Cottage stay in Nainital - 3 days from 11000 INR
- Nainital Mukteshwar Tour - 4 days from 8888 INR
- Nainital Ranikhet Tour - 4 days from 8888 INR
- Nainital Almora Tour - 4 days from 8888 INR
- Nainital Binsar Tour - 4 days from 8888 INR
- Nainital Bhimtal Tour - 3 days from 7777 INR
- Honeymoon in Nainital - 5 days from 8888 INR
- Kumaon Tour - 8 days from 13999 INR
Email the tour operator - Nainital Kausani Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.